“Well-priced hotel but rooms are in need of remodeling”

Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport West
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in North Olmsted
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in April 2013 for a family event. The hotel was convenient to the airport and had a complimentary shuttle. There was a mall and restaurants across the street from the hotel. The lobby looked more recently remodeled than the dining area and rooms, which can use remodeling. My room on the 5th floor was large. It had a sitting area, a sink with a micro and mini fridge in the sitting area, and a sink with adequate counter space that was separate from the bathroom. My bed was comfortable. However, areas of the wallpaper were peeling (it looked like there was some water damage); a section of the floorboard was missing, and the lock in the door knob for the bathroom was missing (so I did not shut the bathroom door for fear of not being able to get out). Also, there was garbage in the waste basket in the room when I first got into the room. My sister's room on a lower floor was smaller but otherwise looked the same as mine (without the mini fridge and micro).

The dining area in the lobby was in need of an update. I had breakfast at the hotel one day and was not impressed with the food, although the bacon there was better than at the Hilton garden inn, where I had breakfast on another morning. Overall, the price was reasonable for this hotel and it was close to the places I needed to go to, but the room needed updating.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room nor the dining area in the lobby. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for MOD Eric Cybulski.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

When I reserved the room, I requested a King, she said she gave me one upon check in. We get to room, there are 2 doubles. I'm too tired to move, so I just accepted the screw up. There was no comforter for the pull out couch for my daughter. I had to call & there were none available, so they brought up a little blanket. I wound up freezing to make sure my daughter was warm. When I asked if there was a charge for the breakfast, the person at the front desk gave me a sheet of paper. Um, no, just tell me yes or no. Also, there was no disclosure of $25 authorization. A head's up would have been good to avoid a future "what's this charge?" phone. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer SUpport at Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

We apologize for the disappointing service you received from our staff, especially concerning requested bed type and hidden charges. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best “Yes I Can!” service. To discuss your concern further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for GM Eric Cybulski.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Great huge rooms, with amazing beds and great service. No issues. lobby is dull but its an airport hotel. Perfect for what it is. Staff were very helpful

Free airport shuttle bus :)Free airport shuttle bus :)

Room Tip: Ring the shuttle bus at airport or you may wait a while
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Joyce L, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Thank you for your positive comments about our hotel, The Radisson Cleveland Airport. I appreciate that you took the time to write about your stay, our huge rooms, comfortable beds and great service. I will share your comments with the team at this months employee luncheon. I am very proud of the serivce that our team provides to our guests.

Please let me know when you will be in Cleveland and staying with us again so I can thank you in person for being one our valued guests.

Again, my thanks for you taking time to express your postivie stay with us.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I'm here currently and stay here 4-5 times a year due to work. This was a personal trip and therefore I made my own reservation. Booked on a third party site as most smart travelers do. I check in to the hotel with the Front Office Manager Debi Wilmoth. I requested a king room with a balcony and casually mention to my travel partner that I enjoy the balcony to have a smoke or a glass of wine. Debi does some clicking around on her computer and tells me no King rooms are available and no patio rooms are available. Fine, I understand that's the risk you take when booking with a 3rd party. She then asks' if I want to put a credit card on file for incidentals. Knowing that I dislike the food from the hotel (and 100's of excellent options within a few miles of the the hotel) I initially declined and asked if it was necessary (some hotels require some don't) and she initially paused and then said "well yes it is necessary now that I know you are a smoker. You can't smoke in the rooms." I informed her I was plenty aware of this and had no intention to smoke in my room. She slid my card and held an incidental charge for $25.00. No big deal, but the attitude in which it was done was distasteful and hardly professional.

Mediocre room that has definitely not been remodeled. They do have other rooms that have been remodeled and are up to par with what I normally see at Radisson chains. The hotel is right across the street from Great Northern Mall which has just about everything you can think of.

Fast forward a bit, my sister in law maybe coming into town tonight and calls the hotel to ask about room availability. She was told that there was indeed king availability. Hmmm. I went downstairs and explained the situation. Debi says "1 king room became available due to a cancellation" and proceeds to answer the phone. Nothing else.

I simply don't appreciate the apathetic and rude attitude of what is supposed to be a manager. I will not be staying here and will be ending my companies contract with this hotel. Exercise your options in the area (there are plenty)!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Stephanie F
Joyce L, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Stephanie,

Please accept my apology for the lack of hospitality shown to you during your check in process and during your second visit to the front desk. As you have stayed with us in the past you know that this is not our normal stadard for providing great guest service. Your issues will be addressed promptly. It is my hope is that you will reconsider and continue to stay with us here at the Radisson as you are a valued repeat guest. Please contact me personally during your next trip to Cleveland and I will personally handle your reservation. Also if you would like to discuss further please do not hesitate to contact me. Again my apology and zI look forward to speaking with you and seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

There really wasn't anything to dislike about this hotel. Initially, there was some sort of a convention going on that had a lot of tacky-looking displayas, which kind-of cheapened the appearance in the lobby and hallways. Once this was over, it was actually very nice-looking.

Here's what we liked:
1. VERY comfortable bed! We had a king.
2. Clean room, and very nice furnishings.
3. A constant fan on the AC unit that didn't turn on and off. For us light sleepers, it's GREAT to have that constant "white noise".
4. Plenty of room.
5. The hotel is in a GREAT location. Very close to freeways, a Wal Mart, lots of restaurants, a mall, etc.

What we didn't like:
1. There isn't a free breakfast, like in a Hampton. There is a restaurant, however.
2. The hotel, in some ways, is a little "tired", and looks like it needs a bit of a face lift. Example, the elevator squeaked, and you wondered.....

All-in-all, I would certainly recommend it!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments regarding your recnet stay. Please accept my apolgy for responding back to your comments, I have very recently been appointed as the new GM for the Radisson Cleveland Airport. I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel and have reviewed your comments with our team. WE value all of our guest and I thank your for taking the time to share your expereince with us. I hope that the next time your travel take you to the Cleveland area you will once again stay with us and I look forard to meeting you when you travel bring back to this area.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

I found a great deal close to where I needed to be. However, on the check-in, bathroom was occupied by ants. I was moved to another floor. I had to request a free breakfast (that is not that great). On my second day, ants still present, really toooooo tired to move again. I did tell the desk clerk named Ralph. He was very nice, but did not offer anything more to ease the frustration. He only thanked me numerous times for the notification. The Radisoson is known for nice rooms and great service, not this time. I did join the Club Carlson. I wonder how many points this is really worth??

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

We are extremely unhappy to hear of the challenges that you experienced while visiting our hotel. It is our goal that each guest leaves satisfied with their stay. Please know that your comments have been heard, especially concerning the problem with ants in your rooms and we are working very diligently to ensure that this situation does not happen again. We hope that the next time that time you are in our area, you will return to see that we have been able to make changes to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

We won a free stay at the Radison CLE Airport in N Olmsted for one evening. The staff was friendly and check in was a breeze. The room was clean and large. We were a little disappointed when we came back for the evening and found the lobby bar closed at 10 on a Saturday night. Our free stay also came with breakfast in the morning. Fortunately it was free, I would have felt ripped off had we paid for the buffet. The selections were limited and the quality was just okay, nothing like crunchy pancakes. I would rate the stay a 4 had the breakfast been a higher quality. If you are looking for a nice room, you could pick worse.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Olmsted
Candlewood Suites Cleveland North Olmstead
Hampton Inn North Olmsted Cleveland Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Airport West
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport
Courtyard Cleveland Airport North
Four Points by Sheraton Cleveland Airport

Been to Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport West? Share your experiences!