“I wouldn't recommend it”

Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport West
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in North Olmsted
Reviewed September 4, 2011

I stay in alot of hotels and my expectations are pretty simple. Staff that aren't rude, Functional amenities, and some form of breakfast.

Pros:
-Lonestar, Red Robin and a Mall all in walking distance which was great since I didn't rent a car.
-Full Service Bar which is open until 10PM
-Safe Location

Here's some of the issues I experienced
- Called for a wake-up call. After about 10 rings the lady answers the phone and says "Hello". I say "Hi, I'd like a wake-up call for 6am". I hear a large sigh, stomping and then she says ok and hangs up.
- The hotel has a door hanger you can order breakfast the night before and have it delivered. I filled it out and put it out prior ot 1AM per the instructions (it was out at 1030PM). Next morning the hanger was still on the door. Asked the front desk why they didn't pick it up and they said "Sometime's they don't get around to it but try it again"
- Pool and most of the workout equipment were non-functional during most of my visit. Hot Tub was out of order.
- The hotel is just OLD overall, wall paper coming off the walls, etc.
- Most mornings, nobody was downstairs attending to breakfast, so it was difficult to get anything other than buffet.
- The keys do not work correctly. I was staying with a group of about 10 of us and at least 7 of us had problems with the door keys. You had to quickly insert and pull them out in hopes of opening the door.

If your looking for something cheap and close to shopping, this isn't the worst hotel I've stayed at, but i've been alot hapier at Hampton Inn or Mariott.

Hope this helps your decision!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed September 4, 2011

If just wanting a place to sleep,the hotel is fine. For the 4 of us, we were looking forward to using the pool and hot tub to unwind after a long day. With this in mind, the hotel got a thumbs down....Pool was dimmly lit(4 out of 8 light bulbs were burned out) and the heater and jets for circulation were broken. The add on Radisson's home page also said a free continantal breakfast was available, another disapointment, no breakfast provided. Needless to say, will not be staying here again.

Reviewed August 28, 2011

I drove in 10 hours from New York City and I knew check-in was 3:00pm but I wanted to find out if it was possible to check in earlier and it was. I was so happy that I was able to be accommodated. The hotel was very clean. The housekeeper was AMAZING!! She made sure that we had towels and she made the beds and she even kept the couch bed made perfectly. Very clean and the Wi-Fi came in handy plus it was FREE. The air conditioner was perfect exactly what i needed. We also enjoyed everything that was nearby. Very convenient. Right across the street from the mall. Restaurants all within walking distance. Cleveland is a 20 minute drive away which was perfect. I stayed at this hotel at the end of August 2011 with my family. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others who are coming to sight see around Cleveland. Great Experience!!

1  Thank powder0813
Reviewed August 27, 2011

Disappointed by Hotwire this time. Hotel needed work. Adjustable bed didnt do a thing for me. TV in and out. If you need a good price and are going through this area, thn go ahead but dont expect a whole lot. Been a few weeks since I went but pretty sure Hotwire gave it like 4 stars or something. Not impressed overall.........

Reviewed August 22, 2011

This hotel had horrible customer service! I came home to Ohio with my boyfriend and we chose this hotel to it's great location and my friends that was one of the only things it had! For starters when I checked in I wad so rushed and bot even told where the elevator were. Next the sleep number in the hotel did not work,. I called down to the desk and they said that they would fix it when we went put that evening, however it never got fixed. Next day they cleaned the room and never gave us towels. Aldo the side doors controlled by the key cards after dark did not work. Anyways I would not revomend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 5, 2011

The first indication that we made a mistake booking rooms here was the dated lobby/entrance; the second was no air conditioning in the hallway of the 3rd floor. Our rooms were dated, smelled, had torn stained wallpaper, water-damaged ceilings and the phone was so filthy I didn't want to touch it. Stayed at the Intercontinental Hotel in Cleveland last weekend (5 stars) and it was less $$ per night (PriceLine). Should have stayed there again - - well worth driving the extra 15 miles to the airport.

1  Thank PamperedTexan
Reviewed July 28, 2011

One morning the coffee had excessive bubbles completely covered the top of the cup 3/8 to 1/2 inch thick, and I noticed that they were multi-colored. I drink coffee every day and immediately noticed that something was not right. I said something to the restaurant server and she said nothing was wrong and I was just "wrong". I asked for another cup or coffee and was given another cup just as bad. I let it sit for 10 minutes and the bubbles did not go away. I showed it to her again and she said that nothing was wrong and just walked away. I then took it to the man at the front desk and showed it to him and he said something was not right. I then stirred it and he and I watch as more bubbles formed. The restaurant manager then came out and she only wanted to argue and then she turned and left in the middle of a sentence and she never came back. It appeared that possibly, the cleaning solution was not completely rinsed from the coffee maker. They never did make it right.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Olmsted
Candlewood Suites Cleveland North Olmstead
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Airport West
Hampton Inn North Olmsted Cleveland Airport
Courtyard Cleveland Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport
Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Great Northern Mall

Been to Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport West? Share your experiences!