La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Airport West
Candlewood Suites Cleveland North Olmstead(North Olmsted)(Great Value!)
$76
CandlewoodSuites
$139
Courtyard
$105
Hampton.com
$81
ExtendedStay
Aloft Cleveland Airport(North Olmsted)
$99
$54
Economy Inn(North Olmsted)
  • Breakfast included
Camelot Inn(North Olmsted)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswafflespool and hot tubacross the streettwo room suitebeds were very comfortablefree breakfastgreat northern mallbreakfast barcleveland airport weststaff was friendlydesk clerkwould stay againeasy accessshopping mallnon smokinglqcereal
Reviewed September 1, 2010

My fiance and I stayed at this La Quinta for a few nights while in town visiting family. We booked, literally, the day before we stayed, so I'm sure this impacted our experience. We booked a King room through the La Quinta website for only 59$ a night (great deal) That in mind:

The pros:
Very, very comfy beds. The bed was king size with a pillow top, not like the rocks that most La Quinta's stick you on. They were even kind and accommodated us with extra pillows on arrival per my reservation request.
The TV! 42" HDTV, can't beat it. Plus they had 3 channels of HBO for free so I didn't even have to miss True Blood (which is a big deal!!!)
The pool area appeared to be very new. It was clean and hardly ever full. We actually had the whole building to ourselves on 3 occasions, which is always a treat if you're looking to relax.
Microwave/fridge were a big bonus. The "mini" fridge is actually a substantial size. We were able to get an entire case of canned pop in as well as a few TV dinners for the nights we didn't wanna eat out.
Great location! Right across from a Westfield shopping center complete with several fairly priced restaurants. We were able to walk to the Applebee's across the street on one of the non-rainy night (food was great!)
Friendly staff. The girl at check in was polite and speedy and even noted my request for extra pillows and made sure they were brought to me. Check out took all of 1 minute, very efficient!
The cons:
Our view was of the roof of the pool building. When you looked out all you could see was the side wall (on which someone had put garbage) and the roof and then a small glimpse of the skyline.
Rather noisy. Our toilet ran nearly constantly. The poor maintenance man did come in and try to fix it for us, but I think they're going to need a full fledged plumber to fix whatever was going on in there. It would bubble and gurgle at us, so we had to keep the door closed and a towel stuffed in the gap between the door and the floor to not hear it.
Also, housekeeping. The wall/door leading to the hallway must have been paper thin, or housekeeping was just very loud, but every day around 7-8am you could hear "HOUSEKEEPING" being yelled as they knocked on the doors down the hall. We're later risers, so this was a bit of a bummer.
And lastly, the staircase door. We were on the end of a hall right across from the stairs, and the door would slam any time someone shut it, making a rather loud bang which is NOT what you want to hear at 3am.

On a side note, the side entrance to the building had a key card entry system which we noticed was only on 1 of the 5 nights we stayed. Not sure why they turned it off but, if you got it, please use it! Everyone appreciated extra security.

Overall, despite the nosiness, it was a nice stay. For the money you can't beat it though I would recommend getting a room bigger than just the King room if you're staying for longer than 1 night as it is a little cramped.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank YesN0Maybe
Reviewed September 1, 2010

My fiance' & I stayed at this hotel from 8-20 - 8-23. We always stay in this area to check out Cedar Point & The Ghostly Manor in Sandusky. We usually stay at the Residence Inn in Westlake but they were sold out so, decided to try this hotel instead. It was better than I expected! It is near a lot of restaurants & a huge shopping mall. There is also a Wal-Mart & a Target within a 10 min driving distance. Check In was very fast & the clerk was very friendly. He made sure that my future mom in law & 6 yr old nephews were in a room right across from ours .We stayed in the 2 room suite which was very big & very nice. It had 1 King bedroom, a separate living room & 2 bathrooms. It also had new Plasma TV's, a fridge & a microwave. We took the kids to the indoor pool & the hot tub and we all had a blast. We ate at the Chili's across the street for dinner & at Bob Evans for breakfast. They both have good food and good service. The hotel did have a few breakfast items but not a whole lot to choose from. Overall, we had a great stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 1, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights based on the reviews we read and weren't disappointed. Great value for the quality, staff very friendly and helpful, rooms very clean, breakfast awesome, all round great hotel for the price. My only complaint was the microwave didn't work but staff was on it quick. Definitely be back here.

Reviewed August 13, 2010

Because of the positive reviews I had read on Trip Advisor I decided to take my daughter and her 3 children age 5 and under on a much needed overnight mini vacation. Every great review for the place is accurate! We booked a 2 room suite to accomodate the 5 of us. Each room had it's own bathroom, coffee maker, hair dryer, clothes closet, iron and ironing board, individual a/c and heat unit as well as huge plasma tv. The beds were extremely comfortable-after a hot day of walking in the city, it felt as if I was sinking into a soft, cozy cloud. The free breakfast was not just the standard continental fare but included scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, yogurt, fresh fruit, bagels, cereal etc. They had a free shuttle for the airport and local attracions. The hotel is situated across the road from the Great Northern Mall but they shuttled us over to it so we wouldn't have to walk our little ones across the road. A side note: The little ones loved the mall because it had a trackless small train that rain the circuit in the mall ($3) and it also had a free play area where the kids could climb, crawl and run. Our shuttle driver, Tedd was an excellent driver and extremely courteous and helpful, patiently helping us with the kids every time we needed the shuttle. He went out of his way to help us everywhere we went. Also, Rich behind the counter, helped us in every way as well with with the several needs we required because of the kids. The staff is just as spectacular as the hotel itself. We used the pool and hot tub and they were both clean and had really nice, newer lounges, chairs and tables. You have to get pool towels at the desk as they don't keep them at the pool. The only thing I found to be unusual was that our suite didn't have a table and chairs for eating since the room comes with a refrigerator and microwave. We used the coffee table while sitting on the floor but that probably wouldn't work for all guests. We had stayed the Embassy Suites in downtown Cleveland just 3 weeks prior to this and paid almost twice the price for a lesser quality suite than this one. This place also had free internet where Embassy Suites charged $10.00 for internet. Having a wonderful place to stay really enhanced our little get-away.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
GMNO, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2010

Thank you so much for being our Guests and for the kind comments about our staff and property. Were very proud of our hotel and the team here. Im so glad you and your family enjoyed our new pool and spa. I think its the best in the area. Let us know the next time your travels take you our way. Were always glad to welcome back our repeat guests.

Jim Woodruff

Reviewed August 3, 2010

This was the first visit that my family and I have taken to a La Quinta Inn. We must admit, it was a very good stay, with large room, very comfortable bed, excellent breakfast, and good customer service. The Wifi Internet speed was appro. 4 Mbs, and didn't hesitate. The mattress and pillows made for a very pleasant sleep experience. The indoor pool/hot tub was excellent, and what the family needed. The Complimentary 24/7 Juice and Coffee bar was an addition. If I were to find anything to complain about, it would be the room fridge didn't keep things cool very well, and the pull out couch didn't have a blanket, which was rectified quickly! Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family

Thak you for the kind words about our property. Im glad that any issues you may have had were rectified quickly. The staff here prides itself on the job they do and fixing any issues promptly. They all work hard to make sure that preventative maintenance is conducted to discover any potential issues and fix them prior to the guests staying in any of our rooms. Thank you as well for the mention of our free high speed service. As a frequent traveller myself, I can tell you this is always a priority for me when Im away on business. Im glad to say that in my time here I have had such positive comments about this service. Thanks for staying with us. Hope we see you again.

Jim Woodruff