“Great Value and Location near Airport”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Airport West
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in North Olmsted
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Hi,
This hotel was very good value and quite comfortable. There was a slight problem when I arrived and I could not get internet. After complaining and waiting a reasonable amount of time, I asked about checking out without penalty, I was offered a free nights accommodation if I moved to another floor. I accepted and I was glad that I did. It was comfortable and well located next to a large shopping complex and near many restaurant choices.

Breakfast and internet included in price. Well done! I will be back.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Airport West

Reviewed September 13, 2011

I was traveling alone on business and wanted a clean, quiet, and safe hotel near the Westlake area. La Quinta Inn was exactly what I needed. The hotel was recently renovated and you can see that the staff takes a lot of pride in this hotel. The rooms are spotlessly clean, have a nice big flat screen tv, excellent internet access, individual climate control, and very comfy beds. I've paid a lot more in other hotels for a comparable room.

What sets this hotel apart however, is those little touches. There is coffee and tea available in the lobby 24 hours per day. The breakfast, which is a little skewed toward processed foods, is plentiful and included in the room price. I really enjoyed having the indoor pool and hot tub. And this place is so friendly that guests actually hang out in the lobby and chat with each other. The atmosphere was really inviting which was doubly nice because I was traveling alone.

The surroundings are also quite good. There's a big mall right across the street. Parking is easy. There are lots of restaraunts, Target, etc within a 5 minute drive. And it is close to the airport but not in a flight path so noise is not an issue.

I wouldn't even look for another hotel the next time I'm in the Cleveland area.

Room Tip: All the rooms in this hotel are nice.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Amazingly in the North Olmstead/Elyria area you will find no better choice than this La Quinta.

Although it's not a five star property, the rooms offer comfortable beds and have a large flat screen TV with many channel options. (Note to Management: In my last two visits - December and August- there was too much snow in the channels. A pity as it would be nice to enjoy a show in such nice TV). The bathrooms are clean although not much to brag about-very little was done to the them during the last remodeling.

Our kids love taking a dip in the pool. The gym needs an urgent change of equipment. Management should consider taking out the existing elliptical trainer which frankly is junk and replacing it with commercial grade Precor, Lifefitness or a Cybex unit. Same thing with the recumbent bike which also has seen its better days. Please replace them , and PLEASE do not try to put in a crappy home grade piece of equipment in order to claim that you have a gym in your property. On the good side I love the large screen TV in the gym (Although again please call the cable company and clean the channel signals PLEASE, PLEASE!!)

The included breakfast is good for a chain in this hotel category. We like that there is oatmeal, bagels, wide choices of mini boxed cereals and yogurt. As to the daily heated item, well it's pretty bad (so just drop it). On the other hand, the waffle machine gets high grades. Please also take better care of the juice/water mix. The juice coming out tends to be too watered down.

Having stayed pretty much at every other hotels property within a mile of this property, I can say without hesitation that this La Quinta is currently the best of the bunch. It certainly it is not a five star hotel, but if you have to be in this area, there is no other choice.

This is the closest decent hotel if you need to be in Elyria.

Reviewed September 1, 2011

I stayed here because of all the TripAdvisor reviews. I spent $20 more for this La Quinta then I would have for the other one near the airport because I felt it was worth the extra $20 for the pool, the eggs with breakfast, and the location near the mall and other restaurants. The property was modern looking, clean, and had friendly staff and a free shuttle from the airport, as well. I was "stuck" in Cleveland for a night because of cancelled flights into NYC and I would absolutely stay here if I ever got "stuck" again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
GMNO, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2011

Thank you for the kind words about our property. Im sorry you had a delayed in your travel due to the hurricane but am pleased we were able to accomodate you. The staff here thank you for choosing us. I hope we see you again soon under less stressful circumstance. Thanks again.

Jim Woodruff

Reviewed August 30, 2011

Nice area to stop over.Mall across street with many nice stores ,food court.Resturants around but we chose to shop and eat at mall.Teenage girls loved this mall.Seems like a safe ,clean area of Cleveland. We picked this as a half way spot driving NY-WI.Perfect! Quiet,comfortable,clean room and bathroom. Pool/hot tub OK,closes at 10pm.Good breakfast .Beat part-$$Saved money! TTl bill with tax was 115.I usually stay at Hampton Inns or HIExpress, but would go to this hotel again. Elevator is tired looking but thank goodness the rooms don't look like that!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
GMNO, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2011

Thank you for the kind words about the Property. As an FYI, the mall is opening a brand new expanded food court shortly and our local Wal-Mart is expanding to provide you with greater shopping opportunities. Based upon your observations we are replacing the carpert in our elevator. We try to make every stay to the guests standards and thank you for pointing out an area we have missed.

Hope to see you again

Jim Woodruff

Reviewed August 28, 2011

Good location & price for the $.
Located across the street from a major shopping mall.
Parking is limited during business hours to the surrounding business park.
Walmart is within a mile so we stocked up the car for our travels.
Many eateries in the area.

Reviewed August 22, 2011

Not far off the highway so it was a quick on and off for our roadtrip. But the rooms were quiet and SO many restaurant choices in the area! We got the 2 room suite which looked like it had been 2 adjoining rooms once upon a time. So very roomy and gave us 2 bathrooms! Clean and comfortable. The free breakfast was good and had the typical items.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Olmsted
Candlewood Suites Cleveland North Olmstead
Hampton Inn North Olmsted Cleveland Airport
Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Great Northern Mall
Radisson Hotel Cleveland Airport West
Courtyard Cleveland Airport North
La Quinta Inn Cleveland Airport North

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Airport West? Share your experiences!