“horrible waitress”

Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“horrible waitress”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

We ate there for years. Food was always good. My problems is they have the most unfriendly waitresses of any restaurant we have eaten at. A bunch of old sour-pusses. I always ask for 1000 island dressing as they never have it. This is the only restaurant I know of that doesnt have this, the most asked for flavor. So for years I have politely asked for it. I asked for probably once a month for over 10 years! So the last time we ate there I polietly asked again and the waitress said, "look, we dont have it, and we're never going to have it." So I ordered the dressing I really didnt want. Then I heard her in the kichen saying, "that guy is out there that always asks for 1000 Island." And I heard them all laugh. Then I got my food and it really didnt taste as good as normal. Then our service was terrible the rest of the meal and she had a bad attitude the whole time. Needless to say, they lost a couple of longtime customers. Congratulations ladies.. you'll never have to hear me ask again.. you won!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Bigdaddy198263

Cleveland, Ohio
“Great food, huge portions!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Tried Corso's for the first time last week with our parents. Each of us ordered something different and we were all very satisfied. The prices are great for the portions, I had enough for 2-3 meals. Inexpensive wine too! Our waitress was very helpful and let us sample some of the sauces, being our first time here. We'll definitely be back!!

The only downfall is the atmosphere. Old decor and kind of drabby. But that's easy to get over once the pasta comes :D

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Megan N
Cleveland, Ohio
“Good Italian, Fast Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

The food was very good... Some people have referred to it as 'bland' in their reviews... I find it far from bland, not over the top or overpowering. That's a preference/opinion thing... I've had bland Italian and this was not bland. Their pastas and sauces are fantastic, and the service was quick and friendly.

We will probably eat here more now, instead of the Italian chain right down the street where we've went in the past. Less waiting, and more good choices here. Will definitely be regulars in the future.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank TNorcross
New York
“Went for the Wiener Schnitzel but will go back for the Italian too!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

I grew up in this neck of the woods when Hungarians and Hungarian restaurants were plentiful. I moved away and the Hungarian restaurants disappeared for the most part. So while visiting the area I was thrilled to find this place with two of the legacy Hungarian dishes on the menu; wiener schnitzel and veal paprikash-both served with spaetzle. The schnitzel was delicious and not greasy. The dumplings were light and the bit of paprikash sauce on the spaetzle was to die for. We figured if the new owners of this place could perfectly master these two Szarkas dishes, their Italian food had to be great as well. So we'll be back for the schnitzel and some pasta too!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank BuckeyeChef
North Ridgeville, Ohio, United States
“Really Surprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We really enjoyed ourselves! The food was plentiful and delicious and we had really great service. We were glad to find a local, non-chain, family restaurant with reasonable prices. We will definitely be repeat customers!

Visited October 2012