Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Airport - North Olmsted
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in North Olmsted
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times, whenever I am visiting my family in ohio. It use to be a Homestead inn (the same chain) The rooms are always clean and nice. I stayed in a two room suite this time and it was very nice and roomy. Two full bathrooms, Two beds and a pull out sofa, plus the usual kitchenette. I will continue to stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a roo on the top floor or you will hear every little noise that guests in the room above are...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank TravelSwiss2009
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Airport - North Olmsted, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that we provided you with a clean fresh guest room. I'm glad you to hear that your experience in our two room suites was a pleasant one.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with everyone. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Extended Stay is a big step up from the former Studio Plus. The rooms are clean and the hotel staff is friendly. We stayed here at Xmas and now for my mother's birthday party on Sept. 14 at her home in North Olmsted. The hotel is conveniently located near restaurants, highways, shopping, etc. The price is the lowest along Country Club Blvd. It is not luxe but the value is good especially since we're not in the rooms that much, shower, sleep, shop, then run to a party! Be aware that since it is an Extended Stay, there is no maid service unless you're there for a longer period of time than a weekend. We prefer not to be bothered and you can get anything you need at the front desk including clean towels, etc.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Thingie63
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Airport - North Olmsted, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your first stay with us and now your second. It is very rewarding to know that our customer service, clean rooms, location and amenities keep you coming back time and time again. We hope you enjoyed your mom's 89th birthday!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Been here for a month and plan to stay for several more months. At check-in the young lady working the front desk assigned me a room, when I went to that room there was a woman laying on the bed. Needless to say she was very upset. The young lady who checked me in was not at fault, I repeat, not at fault in any way, it was another woman sharing duties that day at the desk. This other woman did not log into the computer the room was no longer available.
I get a full cleaning once a week on Sunday's, I had a very restless nights sleep Sunday night and woke up late in the night to find the house keeper did not put a fitted sheet on my bed, although she did put a top sheet in it's place resulting in the sheet bunching up during the night. I awoke the next morning laying on the bare mattress. Later that morning I went to the desk to ask for a fitted she to be put on my bed. An hour or so later the woman at the desk brought me a fitted sheet without the offer to have it put on the bed.
At home I make my own bed but when I pay close to $1600.00 a month for a place to lay my head I feel I should not have to make my own. This is the second experience with this lady at the front desk and felt I had to say something. I am a guest at this Hotel and would like to be treated as such.

Room Tip: Try Extended Stay America hotel in Middleburg Heights Ohio first!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Steve B
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Airport - North Olmsted, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that the first room you got was mixed up and already given to another guest.

To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am going to coach my entire team to make sure this does not happen again. I also want to apologize for the housekeeping service you received. Again I will coach my team to make sure this doesn't happen again.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you bring this to my attention. I hope that you will contact me directly, at NOL@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further.

We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay for the remainder of your stay.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

This hotel exceeded all my expectations.I have stayed at a bunch of hotels already and I must say that I highly recommend staying here if all you seek is a good night sleep, free wi-fi and a simple breakfast every day to help you get on your way. It is conveniently located right off the I-480 and across the road from a Walmart. I also recommend the Olive Garden which is located a short drive from the hotel. The hotel is pet friendly and charge about $25/ night I think. There is a shopping mall (Great Northern Shopping Center) nearby and the airport (Cleveland Hopkins International) is approx 15 mins away. Tips: Remember to ask for some shampoo when you check in as there are none in the rooms. Hair dryers are also available at the front desk. If you require fresh towels, please take your used ones to the front desk and they will be happy to provide you with clean ones. Finally house keeping is done on a weekly basis but for a nominal fee ($5-$10/ day) they will clean your room.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Airport - North Olmsted, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your stay with us. I am so glad that you had a good nights sleep in your room and that you enjoyed the free WiFi as well as our grab-and-go breakfast. Also, it is great to know that you liked our hotel's location and all of the amenities we had to offer.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

The kitchen area was a great surprise! The location was great. Walmart, and Target were close to the hotel. Also convenient to many restaurants and a mall. The staff were friendly and helpful. Plenty of parking.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Airport - North Olmsted, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the kitchen, great location. It's always a pleasure to hear that our guest really enjoyed their stay. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

This hotel is located in a safe area with tons of resources close by. Great Northern shopping mall and Walmart are both across the street with many restaurants on the same block. Crosstown freeway I-480 interchange 1/4 mile. Extended stay is in the process of upgrading the look and feel of this property. We replaced our Cleveland home with this hotel in 2001. We have been regular guests several times per year for weeks at a time since then. The staff is really great they have become our friends. Our big complaint is the very slow free internet and the 1980's channel selection on the new flat panel HD TVs. I am sure that will improve.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank david12121
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Airport - North Olmsted, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

David - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you have made our hotel your "home away from home" when in Cleveland. I also loved hearing about how much you enjoy the staff and consider them to be friends. Still, I do apologize about the slow WiFi connection and limited television channel selection.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Room smelled bad of stale smoke in non smoke room. Mentioned it to staff, no offer was made to change anything. I wasn't gonna beg so went and bought some spray and used my own air freshener to deal with it. Otherwise no problems

• Stayed: May 2013