“NOT SAFE! !!!” 1 of 5 stars

Camelot Inn
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in North Olmsted
“NOT SAFE! !!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

We just left this hotel because of how dirty it was. The sheets were disgusting, cigarette burns and stains were all over them. There towels and wash cloths were still dirty as well and there were blood spots all over the miror. Your surroundings are not safe at this place at all and is not good for kids!! It seemed to me that the people who stay at this hotel are nothing but druggies.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Anne F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Strongsville, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

It was a nightmare! For starters, we were charged $150 for the jacuzzi room, which normally would not be a problem. So here is what we got for $150.00!
*TV that was not working properly
*Door frame that was falling off the wall, and the deadbolt was put on backwards so it would not have worked to protect us anyways!
*DIRTY filthy room!
*NO FRIDGE
*NO MICROWAVE
*open and used soap that had not been replaced (although I bring my own anyways) but still disgusting!
*It had snowed but nobody there knew how to shovel. We had to drudge through snow with luggage to get to the room. (mounds of snow!)
AND last but not least,
*We got the heart shaped jacuzzi suite for a reason! WE HAD NO HOT WATER!!!
When my husband and I brought this to their attention we were given no help what-so-ever. They were rude. We were given no discounts or anything. Our one night out a month was destroyed.

Room Tip: There are NO good rooms
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Angela H

Travelers are raving about these North Olmsted hotels

Chica
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

i stayed for a week had no problems. My room had refrigerator, microwave, ironing board, Tv was old but it had all channels and an OK wifi connectivity. they also had morning breakfast. I come to this town 5 to 6 times a year and i need a affordable room to stay and this place is in my budget. Restaurants are very close by so i didnt had to worry for my food. Its an old property so there are some signs of wear and tear, also some equipment are old but they do tend to work. Its a safe place Cops round at night. I also like that they have a stack for morning newspaper for free. I think if they renovate this property it is located at very amazing location. Would stay again at this motel as the price is unbetable

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
North Olmsted, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

for starters most of what i have read is true even though we haven't seen as many of the listed problems. the room smells horrible and has smelled since we walked in the door. we arrived here around 2-3 am because we were on a long trip and not 5 minutes after entering the room we found the corpse of a bug in the bathroom beside the tub. when speaking to the manager and other worker at the desk they said that since we had been in the room and because there we're no other open rooms there was nothing they could do about it. after looking at the sheets there were stains on them. and other problems with the room including mold on the tray of the mini fridge we have been sitting here not wanting to leave and waste the $96 we spent on the room but we do not feel comfortable with sleeping. for the record we were sent here from the super 8 down the road that also owns this property. they sent us here when they had no available rooms. if the super 8 owns a place like this and this place alone is in this kind of condition i wouldn't stay in either of them.

Room Tip: This place is horrible, go somewhere else. it wasn't even that much of a deal.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank BonnieT50777
New Berlin, WI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

We pulled up to the Motel and I thought my husband was joking. It looked like a dump right out of the get go. I said, oh my gosh this does not look too good. He was so tired from driving from VA that I thought I would not say anything. He came out with the room key. We had to pull all the way around to the back of the motel. This had a woods behind it. (Oh yes, plenty of coverage for the shady) We opened the door to a very dimly lighted room. The smell hit me like a ton of bricks. I can barely smell to begin with so this was really bad. I said to my husband I really have the creeps here and plus I can't breathe. He said just get in the truck and lets go. I wanted to stop at the front desk but my husband said, "NO" I do not want to argue with anyone. He was tired and just wanted to find a place to stay. I called the motel ten minutes later and told them we left. The man who answered the phone said he could not do anything about it. I wanted my money back. He said to call the manager in the morning. I did just that and she said because I did not come into the office that day, she would not do anything. I tried to explain the man said to call her the next day. At no time did he say come back or I would have. So $80 some dollars later we were out. She did not care one bit. Never once did she apologize for the poor room condition. I even told her I was going to contact BBB and she said go ahead I don't care. THIS WAS THE WORST SERVICE I HAVE EVER RECEIVED IN MY LIFE!!!! STAY AWAY!!!! THE SMELL IS STILL STUCK IN MY NOSE!!!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank justbendover
marbook
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2009

we checked in and checked right back out. wife was going to sleep in car before she would stay in these rooms. i looked at 3 rooms and all the same. everything you read on these reviews are true and very accurate. spend the extra few bucks and go down the road. not even worth the rate. will not even look at this place not even in passing. if you are traveling with family just skip this place. just plain dirty and scary. i would not recommend this place to anybody. i am still wondering how they are even open with all that unsanitary filth. just nasty.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank marbook
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2008

We specifically picked this hotel because it was advertised on the website that there was a hotel shuttle to and from the Cleveland airport. NOT the case. One of our friends was flying into Cleveland airport, and it would have been nice to know ahead of time that there was not a shuttle. Three of us were driving, so we were able to pick up our friend from the airport. When we tried calling the front desk about this, no one answered for a long time. After we tried calling again, their explanation was that the website was wrong. I've since checked the website and I think after multiple complaints, the mis-advertisement has been fixed. The hotel did not appear to be 1-2 miles away. After we picked up our friend at the airport, it was more like 4-5 miles away. This is definitely a budget hotel. Beds were okay, not the most comfortable, shower appeared dirty (my friends were scared to use it), but the bedsheets appeared clean. Shampoo comes in packets, not bottles. There is a refrigerator and 2 sinks, one small one in the small bathroom and one bigger one outside of the bathroom. There is cable TV, so that was helpful. Our clock radio didn't work, but since we weren't in a rush to get anywhere, it wasn't that important to us. Doors open directly to the outside, so you can definitely hear families getting up in the morning and loading up their kids in the car or late night stragglers. The hotel's location appeared to be okay. Across the parking lot is a Mexican restaurant that closes at 10-11pm. We had a car, so if you drive further up the street, there are more restaurants. We had breakfast at Cafe Stratos, which is open 24 hours, and breakfast was good. Skip the hotel's continental breakfast. We stayed here because we were going to Cedar Point amusement park and had to pick up our friend from the Cleveland airport. Overall, this hotel is good for spending the night before your next destination.

• Liked — Budget hotel, you pay for what you get
  • Disliked — Doors open to outside, so it's noisy
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Airport West
WoodSpring Suites Cleveland Airport
Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Airport - North Olmsted
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport

Been to Camelot Inn? Share your experiences!