WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Camelot Inn

Camelot Inn
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in North Olmsted
marco island, fl
“Possibly the worst place I have ever stayed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2007

I admit it. I read the reviews but figured people were just too picky.
Not this time. Everything they said was true and more. The website write up is simply a lie. If they have any rooms that were remodeled after 1970, I sure didn't see one. And I looked at four before I found
one that was acceptable. Even then, I had them swap the TV from another room so I could have one that looked like it was made after 1980.

Dirty doesn't begin to describe this place. Run down and filthy is more accurate. Places in the room and bedroom were so digustingly encrusted with filth I couldn't even look. I pulled out a couch to look for a plug and there was food and crud piled behind it. There was dirt and stuff from previous occupants in the drawers. The high speed internet only works in certain rooms. There was no HBO. They said they called the provider on Thursday, but when I left on Saturday there was still no HBO.

The floors were filthy--this is the ONLY hotel I ever kept my socks and shoes on the whole time. The desk chair was broken and wouldn't roll and one arm was unconnected. The "breakfast" consists of white bread for toast, a box of donuts, some apples, corn flakes or rice krispies amd a 4-5 oz (portion controlled) cup of regular coffee--no decaf. Their "juice" machine offered three choices--water, lemonade and fruit punch (my favorite "juice". If my wife had been with me I would not have stayed even one night. She would have slept in the car.

Oh yes, the bed had only flat sheets, not fitted, so when you moved around they simply pulled out and left you sleeping on the bare mattress. I don't even want to think about that. The tub and shower were painted over with a brush and were covered with black crud. And be aware--this was the room I chose after looking at four rooms. This was THE BEST they had to offer.

Other reviews said the people were nice. Yes, they were. But then, they didn't have to stay there overnight! This is as bad as it gets folks. Oh, and by the way. It's not anywhere close the airport--it's a couple of suburbs away.There is no shuttle. And the places of interest they list for things to do are all 15-20 miles away in downtown Cleveland.

• Liked — Checking out
  • Disliked — Everything from check-in to check-out
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
      Location
      Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank ptprism

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Cleveland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2007

My husband and I booked this room because it was the cheapest one on the travel site. When we arrived we were greeted by a dilapidated parking lot and a man in the office who barely spoke english. The first room we were given was awful! The TV was circa 1970, and the bathroom was unbelievably filthy. I've never seen a hotel bathroom as gross as this one (and believe me I've stayed in hundreds of hotels). The tub had dirt, mud, and some sticky red substance that I couldn't quite identify in it. We immediately changed rooms and the second one was no better. This room smelled like urine...no joke. Too many other things wrong with this place to mention. Please do yourself a favor and pay ten dollars more for the Red Roof Inn or Super 8.

• Liked — Nothing!
  • Disliked — Everything!
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank CorieLee03

Travelers are raving about these North Olmsted hotels

Perrysburg, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2006

The motel lobby smelled bad and it went downhill from there. The room smelled of mildew, wallpaper was peeling off in many locations, just plain run down and dirty! The metal door was dented and dirty at the bottom and the security chain lock was missing. The air conditioner was very noisy. The shuttle service was efficient, but that isn't enough to get me to stay at this DUMP ever again!

• Stayed July 2006
2 Thank pegstr956
Cape May Court House, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2006

The room was incredibly dirty. The tub was cracked and the entire bathroom was filthy and moldy. The blankets had large stains. We couldn't stay. Packed up the family and went elsewhere. After 10 hours of driving it was a very inconvenient experience.

• Stayed May 2006
2 Thank Omjourney
Lake Peekskill, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2006

My husband stayed here for a couple of days last July. This is not the cleanest place we've ever stayed, but it was dealable.

The first room we got had a broken air conditioner, and it was the middle of a hot July. We had to move to a room on the second floor, as there were no ground floor rooms available. But when I got to the second room, the air conditioner there didn't work either. Suddenly a ground floor room opened.

The place is in need of a facelift, and the cleaning staff can do with some additional training, but I would not say that conditions were horrendous. The staff was quite accommodating, although speaking to them was daunting, as there was a foul odor in the lobby.

The best thing about this place is the Mexican restaurant next door. The prices were reasonable, the food excellent (except the "fried" ice cream), and the margaritas were kicking! It also had the most beautiful atmosphere of any Mexican restaurant I've ever been to. We went back our second night there!

I wouldn't recommend this place for a long-term stay, but for an over nighter or a couple of days, it's adequate. And if you're on a tight budget, you can't beat the price! Super cheap!

• Stayed July 2005
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank teachernthehood
Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2005

This place is a dump. Moldy, unclean bathroom, the room smelled awful when we entered. The bed was hard as a rock. Not near the airport. I won't be going back.

• Stayed August 2005
4 Thank JohnTravels
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2004

Not close to the airport. Not close to downtown (30 minute, $20 cab ride). Nothing to do in the area except go to the Mall down the road. Place is in a rundown condition which probably explains the lack of pictures.

We checked out the next day and stayed at the Wyndham in downtown Cleveland. Granted it was more expensive but we had a much better experience. Tons of things to do just outside the door.

Cleveland is a great town just don't make the same mistake we did.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Olmsted
Candlewood Suites Cleveland North Olmstead
Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Great Northern Mall
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Airport West
WoodSpring Suites Cleveland Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport
Super 8 Westlake/Cleveland

Been to Camelot Inn? Share your experiences!