Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Great Northern Mall
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in North Olmsted
Cleveland, Ohio
“Average!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

If you have to have a kitchen or need to bring your pet...then stay...otherwise don't expect much...rooms are rough...staff and guests the same...you get what you pay for and less.
This place is not staffed 24 hours...gets a bit crazy at night...my car was vandalized mgt shrugged it off...guest was bbq in the bed of their truck right at the front door...lots more but hopefully this helps you decide if this value is for you.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank 2906charlie
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Great Northern Mall, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Charlie - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so disappointed that you found our accommodations to be unclean and our staff did not attend to your needs properly. Please accept my apology. In the future, should you have any issues, please let a staff member know so we can correct them. Staff is available at the front desk from 7am - 11pm and then by phone in the lobby throughout the rest of the night.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at cno@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
North Myrtle Beach
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Needed a 3 night stay for family business. This place did the job but we may not go back simply because the beds are queen and we like a king. (our service dogs sleeps with us) We were on the second floor - all non-smoking which was a must - and our suite was spacious, clean, and comfortable. Bring your own toiletries or you have to request them from the front desk which is not always open. All extras - towels, toiletries, hairdryer, are available but not given. (sheets are on bed but not changed, ect.) It is actually a good idea and a way to keep the price as low as it is. The hotel is close to many restaurants (across from a mall, too) which you need because the grab-n-go breakfast is just coffee and granola bars and fruit. But you have a full size kitchen, so just bring your own food and drinks. 2 sets of dishes are there, so bring paper plates and cups if you don't want to wash dishes. (they give you single -use dish soap on request) So if you want a clean place with no frills and some of your own add-ons, this is it!

Room Tip: They put us in a smoking room first - gross smelling and smaller. Get the 2nd floor. Also, there are...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank piperann3
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Great Northern Mall, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such great review. It's so wonderful to hear that you found our hotel to be a great place to stay overall and the location to be convenient . I do apologize that you were initially place in a smoking room, but I am glad we were able to move you into a non-smoking room, which made your stay more enjoyable.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

Upsides: Queen room with pull out was quite large. Full kitchen with oven and dishwasher. Excellent location and very friendly staff. Comfortable bed. Decent size (42"?) flat-screen.
Downsides (all minor): Low shower head (5'8 ish), gap around door let some light in, still running analog reception on digital TV. There is an undisclosed (at least I didn't see it) upcharge for 'premium broadband' (~2-3 Mbps) vs 'basic broadband' (?? bps). Charge was $15 a week, so not terrible, just a surprise. Went with it right away since I needed VPN access for work - didn't return to a different chain down the street due to internet speed/quality there so overall I was happy.
Will most likely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Great Northern Mall, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Eric - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you found our hotel comfortable. I am also glad to read you will likely return. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

This hotel is underrated. The rooms are comfortable, they are roomy and well thought out in design. It's close to shopping and any type of restaurant that you are looking for. It's about a 15 minute drive to downtown Cleveland, and is very accessible to the freeways. All the rooms are furnished with a full service kitchen, and a very comfortable bed.

Room Tip: all the rooms are good. There isn't much noise because they have good soundproofing..
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Debbie L
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Great Northern Mall, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Debbie L
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a kind review. I'm thrilled that you find our hotel to be comfortable and our location convenient. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Lehigh Acres
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

I travel to Cleveland 3 or 4 times per year for two to three weeks at a time and always stay here. The room is clean and spacious. We have a full sized refrigerator and a stove with oven plus a microwave in the kitchen which also includes a breakfast bar.
The living area includes a large desk with free wi fi and a comfortable couch, a coffee table and even an end table.
The bed was quite comfortable and I am a big man.
The staff has always been courteous and helpful and you can't beat the location. You can walk to Great Northern mall for shopping or dining.
Even if your just staying for a weekend it's a great place to stay. If your going to be in town or an extended stay then you've found a great place.
I highly reccomend Extended Stay America
Richard G

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Great Northern Mall, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Richard G
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. The lay out of the room is accommodating for both short term and long term guests. I am glad that you frequent our hotel. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area
Lusby
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

We found this "hotel" online and from the other reviews and the good price, I assumed we would be fine. We arrived late Wednesday night 11/21/12 and found it strange that there weren't many cars in the parking lot. Don't get me wrong, the hotel is located in a very convenient area. Close to a mall, restaraunts, ect. However the man working the desk (I think his name was Joe) was a little rude up until I asked what his name was. The front lobby seemed a little sketchy and already made me feel uneasy and nervous. It turns out according to Joe that this is an extended stay hotel and some people have been living there as long as 6 years! We get to our room on the second floor and it is a spacious studio. There is a flat screen tv and a kitchen. The bathroom was dirty. Hair and dirt on the toilet seat. Gross stains on the couch. If you cut the light on in the kitchen, the refrigerator would buzz very loudly. The sheets clearly had not been changed on the bed. I immediately called down to the front desk and our room was changed to another one a couple of doors down. It was supposed to have been a non-smoking room but you could definately smell that there had been smoking. This room was cleaner than the first one but still just very uncomfortable (thank God for our Lysol). The toilet kept backing up and when we called down early the next morning to have someone fix it, they said there was no one who could come up but I could come down and get a plunger. I came down and one of the ladies who turned out to be housekeeping ended up bringing a disgusting plunger with dried tissue on it up to the room for US to plunge! That was pretty much the last straw and we spoke to the young lady at the desk, who was very nice and understanding and allowed us to check out without penalty. I'm sorry this was just not a good stay or experience. I do not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Pick someplace else...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Great Northern Mall, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Devon M,
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that your stay was anything but perfect. I have taken your comments and have shared them with the staff to ensure that the issues you had do not happen again in the future. If I may explain the condition of the lobby/office area, at that time the lobby was being renovated and has since been completed. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at cno@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Travelers are raving about these North Olmsted hotels

Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

The Price was right. Quisha at the front desk was great. No complaints. The rooms were a little dated, but very clean and fresh-smelling. Close to the site of my meeting, close to the Mall, good restaurants within an easy distance. Quisha gave great directions to a good Mexican restaurant. I'll stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for what you want. I was able to get exactly what I needed. Bring ear plugs. I generally hear ot...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Great Northern Mall, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear vlb55,
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for your kind comments about our hotel and staff. I'm thrilled that you were pleased with the cleanliness, location and customer service. I will make sure the Quisha sees your compliment I know they mean a lot to her. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!