“extremely accommodating and just plain nice!”

Holiday Inn Express N. Lima
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in North Lima
Reviewed February 2, 2010

Stayed overnight with church youth group. Everyone here was kind, accommodating, and went beyond the typical. The breakfast was very good, the rooms were clean and comfortable, and we had absolutely no complaints. My son left his ipod in the room and the staff went out of its way to locate it and get it back to him. We would definitely use this hotel again. Thank you for making our trip a good experience from start to finish.

• Stayed: January 2010
1  Thank rwoodsinvestments

Reviewed November 29, 2009

We just needed a place to stay to break up a long drive over Thanksgiving weekend and this hotel worked perfectly. The location was very convenient off the highway, although the surrounding area looked pretty nasty. The hotel appeared new and clean. When we checked in they gave us a room right next to the elevator, but made it easy to change, which we did. The room was spacious and well laid out. The bathroom was also quite roomy and clean. One odd issue - we were on a non smoking floor (the whole hotel may have been non-smoking), but when we woke up in the morning it was clear to us that someone had been smoking, which was very irritating.
Breakfast was the usual Holiday Inn Express spread, although the cinnamon rolls did not seem to be up to the usual standard.
One other issue - I used the men's room on the lobby level after breakfast and it was out of hand soap and towels.
Definitely some imperfections, but still a hotel I would recommend.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed November 26, 2009

This was a clean and nice hotel. Rooms were clean, breakfast bar nice, staff helpful. It was a little out of the way. And the WiFi was slow also the internet in the business center was very slow. Overall good experience

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Woobig
Reviewed July 18, 2009

This hotel is very nice but very overpriced, particularly given the location. It appeared to be a new property along a tired stretch of road off the Ohio turnpike. My husband and I were "walk-ins" off the turnpike and even tough we were tired, I started to leave when first told the price. However, it must have been a slow night because the clerk lowered the price twice to one that was marginally acceptable. (Which was still about $20 more than I had planned to spend, given the location.) The room was spacious and the bed was extremely comfortable. The breakfast was pretty good but unlike other H.I. Expresses, they did not have many healthy options and no fruit - a real negative in my book. The coffee was bland and tasted burned - again, a surprise for a H.I. Express.

Overall, the room was terrific but way more "luxurious" than we needed, and I was particularly disappointed with the breakfast. Probably won't stay here again simply because of the price.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SuisseGal
Reviewed April 7, 2009

Great location, right off Ohio Turnpike, at Ohio route 7. Several other aging/seedy motels nearby to avoid. Pretty new property here-much needed in the area. Rooms are large, with very comfortable beds and bedding. The bathrooms seemed much bigger than what you usually find in this lodging class. Employees were profession and always sporting a smile. The complementary breakfast was what you typically find at a HIE(well-done and well-presented), but the breakfast room was larger than expected and therefore less congested than you might normally experience during peak times-a big plus. To sum up, you surely will enjoy your stay at the Holiday Inn Express North Lima when traveling to or through the Mahoning Valley.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed March 2, 2009

Recommend – Clean! Comfortable. Pleasant place to stay. Convenient location. Accommodating to out of town guests. 100% guest satisfaction guarantee is noticeable. Express Start breakfast 'goodie' bag is a great find! Absolutely no remorse here.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank CaduceusONE
Reviewed February 9, 2009

I booked a room here because of the location and proximity to the highway, I was making a 2 day journey to see relatives over the holidays.

The rooms are nice and clean, the bed was so comfy I wanted to take it with me, and the staff was very friendly. I particularly appreciated the shower cap, so many hotels don't offer these anymore!

The breakfast the next morning was a nice touch and the woman minding the food was on top of keeping the area clean and well stocked.

Coincidentally I told my relatives where I stayed and it turns out they also stayed at the same hotel during their summer road trip and they absolutely raved about it, they have 2 young boys and they said the pool was nice and clean.

I also stayed at this hotel on my return home and the experience was the same. Definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Original_Little_Del
#3 of 6 in North Lima
Courtyard Youngstown Canfield
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Youngstown W - I-80 Niles Area
Hampton Inn Youngstown West I-80

Been to Holiday Inn Express N. Lima? Share your experiences!