“Good stop on way to DC”

Holiday Inn Express N. Lima
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in North Lima
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Nice updates to the rooms. Renovations still going on at main level, so breakfast was in meeting rooms, but no problem. Bottom of the pool was in need of a paint job...maybe that is next in the renovations? Good meal at Steamers across the street:)

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
HIExpressNorthLima, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express N. Lima, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2014

Thank you for the positive review. The pool is now being renovated. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and Steamers Stonewall Tavern across the street. I'm glad that you found us to be a good stop on the way to DC.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

This was our 6th stay at this hotel because it's an easy stopover on our way to DC. Every time we have stayed here the staff was VERY helpful and accommodating. We travel with our son who is in a wheelchair. On our way east, I mentioned to the front desk that the room we had was smaller than ones in which we had stayed previously and it was a bit of tight squeeze with the wheelchair. The staff person immediately changed our room to a much more spacious suite for the return trip at the same price of the suite we were in. And this is just one example of their hospitality. Right now they are renovating the first floor of the hotel, but it really wasn't an inconvenience. The beds and bedding were comfortable too. The suites in which we stayed have obviously been updated recently. I'd say the suite was comparable in quality and style to the rooms I usually stay in when I travel on business (Marriott, Hyatt).

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
HIExpressNorthLima, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express N. Lima, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Thank you very much for the five star review and for noticing how hard our staff works at guest service! Also, thank you for your kind words about our renovation. We are very happy to be able to help our guests and provide great service.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

We were going to travel to Virgina for fun, we went there in April of 2010 for one night stay. Service was good, nice breakfast. Slept well, until 5 in the morning (do not get anxiety on this.) But our alarm clock went off at 5 in the morning. I was a little annoyed by that. :). Staff was nice. Pool was closed. We got to the hotel right before 9- 10 PM. I will be at that place again, (if there is milk and soy in your breakfast products.)

Room Tip: Beware of the 1st floor. Alarm clocks go off at 5 in the morning.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
HIExpressNorthLima, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express N. Lima, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Thank you for the five star review! I apologize that the alarm clock went off! I am glad that you will stay with us again.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

There were three of us who stayed here on our way to DC. North Lima is around the halfway point. This hotel was convenient, clean, and spacious with a very friendly staff. We only stayed long enough to sleep, eat, and regroup but the stay was wonderful, even with the renovations going on. The breakfast area had been relocated to a conference room because of the construction but it was still more than adequate and it was hot. There probably weren't as many options as usual because of the relocation but still very good. I would stay here again and I recommend this hotel as a great waypoint to the East Coast.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
HIExpressNorthLima, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express N. Lima, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2014

Thank you for the positive review and the recommendation. I'm so glad that you had a nice stay with our renovations going on. I'm glad that you found our staff friendly!

Reviewed July 6, 2014

This is a great convienent hotel to stay. The rooms are clean and renovated where you can still smell the new room smell. The first floor and common areas are under construction for this hotel. Outisde of that the rooms are amazing with the nice beds and bathrooms. The only thing I did not like was the yellow warning lable on the TV mentioning the fine if you steal the TV. I felt this was a little tacky for such a nice hotel. The location is great. Also the amenities was nice as well. The staff is friendly at check in. However, the guy manager was unfriendly. When I was ready to check out he ignored me and continued to speak with his staff. The staff member interrupted him to acknowledge me. This gave me the impression that he did not care or apologize for the delay to check out. Overall the hotel was nice for the location and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Jrighteousfaith
HIExpressNorthLima, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express N. Lima, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Thank you for the four stars and the compliments about our renovation. I apologize for the staff issue that you faced and that particular person may no longer be employed here, but I will investigate further. I also apologize for the stickers on the new TVs. I believe it just states that the TVs will not work outside of the hotel due to the hotel QAM converters. The sticker came on the TVs and we will discuss removing them. I am glad that you found us to be a nice property for a business stay.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

This hotel is currently being remodeled. We were on the 3rd floor which had already been completed. Very nicely done! We heard no construction while we were there, but they were working on the 1st floor. Therefore, the fitness room was under construction. It will be very nice when completely completed. The check in was quick and easy. A little pricey for a Holiday Inn plus the location is somewhat remote. There are restaurants within a 10 minute drive.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
HIExpressNorthLima, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express N. Lima, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Thank you for the positive review. I'm so glad that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and that the construction didn't bother you and also that you had a quick and easy check in. We are actually one of the more economical choices for our extremely high demand area. Our fitness room will be back open soon. There is a locally well known restaurant right across the street called Steamers Stonewall Tavern and a Dairy Queen in our parking lot if you ever back over this way.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

We were walk-in guests at this hotel. We were looking for a hotel near East Palestine and this was about as close as we could get. They are renovating the first floor, but it did not cause any adverse conditions for us -- no noise or other inconvenience. The breakfast was good, but typical for a hotels version of breakfast. They did have hot eggs and a meat -- no potatoes, etc.

The rooms are spacious, plenty of electrical outlets, internet is good, bed is comfortable and the staff are all friendly and helpful.

It is located within a couple of miles of Boardman, Ohio and you can find about all of the shopping and/or eating establishments you would want there. The entrance to the hotel is easy to miss, so just be aware should you decide to stay here.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
HIExpressNorthLima, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express N. Lima, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Thank you for the positive review. I'm glad that you like our location, spacious rooms, staff, Internet and breakfast. Thank you for taking the time to provide us this feedback. We are down to doing the final floor (the first) and I'm glad that it did not bother you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Lima
Holiday Inn Boardman Youngstown South
Red Roof Inn Boardman
Hampton Inn Youngstown Boardman
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Youngstown W - I-80 Niles Area

Been to Holiday Inn Express N. Lima? Share your experiences!