“Nice place!”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in North Lima
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice place!”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Great half way point between DC and Chicago. Nothing fancy, but all the amenities available and working! Very comfortable. Small pool and fitness center, but very functional. Close to Millcreek metro park which is a fantastic area for runners. Steamers across the street isn't fancy either but great food and fun place. Great location right off the expressway. Great place for the location and price!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HIExpressNorthLima, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express N. Lima, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Thank you for the positive review. I'm glad that you found us to be a nice place. We will be even nicer after our remodel.
Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I have been coming to this area for years on business and decided to try this location.
I won't stay here again. I have been in so many Holiday Inn Express locations over the years that I feel I am an expert on them and this one was below average for the chain.
First, the location is pretty bad for everything. I guess it is designed for people who just want to get off the interstate late at night and jump back on early the next morning. There are only a few run down restaurants and gas stations nearby, (or one new looking gas station with almost nothing in the store.) There is a biker bar and gentleman's club nearby, (As described by the locals I do business with up there), and you have to drive up to Boardman near the Mall to find any decent places so may as well stay up there.
The hotel hallways and room were dark, dank, and had a mildew (smoke?) type smell. It's a minor thing but it had to be the most depressing hallway carpet-wallpaper design I have ever encountered in a Holiday Inn express. The room was 'okay' other than it felt and smelled 'old' and the AC wouldn't work half the time. It could be as other commenters have suggested that their air handling is not very good and the smoke smell permeates the entire place.
Breakfast is the same junk they serve at all the holiday inn express locations and I don't like them anywhere and usually just grab a biscuit and meat to carry out, but I had to check back twice before they had any sausage or eggs on the buffet and it was not very crowded.
The staff I dealt with were pleasant.
Most of my reviews on TA are good ones and I stay at a lot of HIE properties if that helps with this review.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tony D
HIExpressNorthLima, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express N. Lima, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
I'm sorry that you found us below average. Most of the issues that you mentioned will be addressed in our upcoming renovation which should be done by next summer. Hopefully, you will give us another chance then.
New Berlin, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 11, 2013

It was late at night and we were looking for hotel rooms to just stay one night. Every decent hotel in the Youngstown OH area was booked. We called this place and they had a room. I didn't care about the price, I just wanted to get to sleep. What I liked about this place: Pool was nice, but small, beds were comfortable, and the breakfest was good. Our room was very large and the bed was quite comfortable. I wish they would have had a whirlpool, but that is minor. Would I stay here again? Well, there are other places which I am sure are nice but are cheaper, and if I could stay in one of those, I would.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
HIExpressNorthLima, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express N. Lima, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for the review and I'm glad that you like our pool, beds and breakfast. Due to the extremely high demand for the entire Youngstown area especially April through October, the area rates are a little higher than other areas. We are actually one of the more reasonably rated properties (for future reference).
Erie, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed July 30, 2013

From the moment I walked in the hotel stunk of cigarette smoke. I was then sent to my room which was not actually my room at all. I was greeted by a friendly gentleman in his underwear. I had to go back downstairs with all of my luggage and get it straightened out. The elevator wasn't even with the floor causing quite a struggle with the luggage cart. It almost fell over each time I was on the elevator. The door would close before I could get on causing me and/or the luggage cart to be hit with the door. The smell of smoke continues to linger into my new room which is supposed to be nonsmoking, but its seeping in from the smoke haze in the hallway and it smells as though its coming through the AC unit as well. I can't wait for this stay to be over. The only positive so far has been the shelves by the bathroom sink.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel. I recommend the Fairfield inn in Austintown.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
HIExpressNorthLima, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express N. Lima, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
I do apologize for your difficulties and I will have maintenance check the elevator as we have never had that issue reported before. Our only smoking rooms are on the third floor; so I don't know why the first floor smelled like smoke. We are all very excited to be converting to all non-smoking with our upcoming renovation. As for the room mix up, I again apologize. It may have been due to a brand new desk clerk. The entire area does sell out every night in the summer. I'm glad that you liked the bathroom shelves.
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed on the first floor, love the very high ceilings.
Everything is clean and a typical holiday in express.
The rooms need new bedding and beds.
At a rate of 70 or $80 it is
worthwhile.
The staff is just fine.
You will not be impressed and you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2013
HIExpressNorthLima, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express N. Lima, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for your nice review. I was happy to read all of the positive comments that you wrote. Thank you for your time.
Pa.
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Effortless on and off the pike.Great breakfast bar with many selections. Clean and comfortable rooms and bed was perfect for sleeping.
Room was quiet and well maintained.
Second time we have stopped here. Will plan to be back again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
HIExpressNorthLima, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express N. Lima, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for the nice review. You are correct in that we are right by the turnpike and an easy place for travelers to stop. I'm glad you had a pleasant stay and will be back.
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was a stop for us midway from Virginia to Chicago along the Ohio Turnpike. This hotel provided a very comfortable room and outstanding service. I really like the new Holiday Inn Express formula a lot. We were given bottles of water and a couple of snack bars on arrival. Our room was very clean and well maintained, including a selection of pillows labeled firm, soft, etc. This hotel is 20% powered by a solar panel array, which further impressed me.

We have tired several hotels in this area, and so far, this has been the best yet. I used Priceline bidding and got the room for about a $30 discount.

Room Tip: We were on the Turnpike side, 3rd floor and it was quiet. No room has a good view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
HIExpressNorthLima, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express N. Lima, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
I am so glad that you had a nice stay and yes we are proud of our solar power!
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Lima
Red Roof Inn Boardman
Davis Motel
Davis Motel
#2 of 6 in North Lima

Been to Holiday Inn Express N. Lima? Share your experiences!