“Convenient Location, Good Customer Service, Thin walls!”

Holiday Inn Express N. Lima
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in North Lima
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I traveled for business for several weekends. There are 3 floors with the top floor as a smoking floor. Some of the rooms on the 3rd floor are non smoking, but since it's a smoking floor, you can still smell smoke! The upside of the 3rd floor is that there is nobody above you, because the floors and walls are THIN! If you stay on the lower floors, you can hear everything above you, including walking, showers etc. The staff is great, friendly, accommodating, but I didn't get much sleep.

Cleanliness is good/average, but this hotel gets a lot of traffic and turnover so they don't have a chance to get aired out at all.

The holiday Inn Boardman South is a much nicer choice, but is busier, and typically more expensive and always booked.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room, near end of hall. If you don't care about smoke, stay on the 3rd floor to...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank moshico
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express N. Lima, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2012

Dear moshico,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I'm truly delighted you liked our friendly hotel staff. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I would like to offer a sincere apology for the inconvenience the noise may have caused you and regret that you were not satisfied with the room you received. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer for to our guests.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Nice and clean rooms, comfy beds and amazing breakfast. This hotel looked fairly new and it location was tucked behind the main road so it was quiet. The location is right off the turnpike so it was easy off and easy on. The pool was small but warm. There were not too many restaurant choices nearby, but there were plenty if you drive into town. The only compliant is the water in our room smelled like rotten eggs. I’m not sure if it was just our room or the hotel. It was horrible, washing my hands made me gag. I didn’t take a shower because I thought I’d smell worse when I was done. Other than that it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kesibmik
Reviewed June 18, 2012

This was really a great place to spend the night; the people were nice and the room was very comfortable. The hotel was very well kept and even had a nice little restaurant. Getting to spend a little time relaxing in the indoor pool was quite the plus, as well.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We stayed one night for a wedding. I was reluctant as my husband is a high-end hotel person. We were pleasantly surprised. The hotel seems to be new. The check in was fast and efficient. We were early and our room was ready before the stated check in time.

The room was a good size, clean and had everything we needed. It had a small refrigerator, and microwave. The room looked like it hadn't been used much--carpet clean, furniture in excellent condition, linens newer style. The room suited us fine. My husband even said he would try a Holiday Inn again.

The hotel itself has a pool/hot tub, bar, and restaurant. We didn't eat there, but a lot of people were in the bar.

The only thing missing was an in-room safe.

Highly recommend if you are staying in the Lima area.

Room Tip: For a quieter room, ask for one facing away from the highway.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank RunnerGirlOH
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I guess most people only stop here while going from one place to another, as did we. Perfectly fine Holiday Inn. Clean, quick service, great breakfast selection, including warm cinnamon rolls. And that pretty much covers it.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 29, 2012

We stayed here when we needed to stop for the night on a trip into Pittsburgh. We hopped off the highway to some not so nice looking hotels and then this one. Two downsides to this hotel - we waited over ten minutes in the lobby (got there around 9pm?) and had an 11 month old who was having a fit because she was very, very tired. So not a fun wait. Other downside, the lady who helped at breakfast had a tip jar and stood by it and stared at you. awkward. I mean, she handed me a fork while she was standing there restocking them. It's not like she cleaned up my plates or brought me food or anything. Oh well.

Other than that, I was really impressed. I wasn't expecting much though. Free internet (good for my husband who needed to work online), clean room, comfy beds, lots of space. Two queen beds. Which actually brings me back to my other negative. The only king beds available were in smoking rooms. What? They still allow smoking in hotels in Ohio? Gross. So that was a downside, we walked into the hallway and it stunk of cigarette smoke - did I mention my 11 month old daughter and I'm a paranoid Mom? :)

The person at the front desk in the morning and the previous evening were really friendly. Breakfast was way better than we were expecting - toast, oatmeal, eggs, meat, bagels, english muffins, peanut butter, cinnamon rolls (really good) and fruit. normally it's some gross cereal and milk that may have been sitting out too long. But not here!

I'm not sure if North Lima is a destination, but if you need a spot off the highway, I'd say go for it.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jacqs924
Reviewed February 20, 2012

They have upgraded the mattresses since my last visit and I got a much better night's sleep. Convenient, clean and comfortable - perfect for a stop on the road. Upgraded as a Priority Club member without asking, always a nice touch. They still don't pay attention to cleaning the ice and snow, which makes for a treacherous walk across the parking lot

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
#3 of 6 in North Lima
Courtyard Youngstown Canfield
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Youngstown W - I-80 Niles Area
Hampton Inn Youngstown West I-80

Been to Holiday Inn Express N. Lima? Share your experiences!