“Very nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in North Canton
Greenville, South Carolina
“Very nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

My second time staying here and loved it. Breakfast was very good. Room was very clean. Indoor pool. Close to everything you could need overnight. Plenty of restaurants to chose from. Stores within walking distance. Even though right off the interstate, you could not tell from the room.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank firefighter725

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Richmond Hill
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

was a little hesitant of best western because of other stays at this chain. Other reviews were good so I booked it. Best decision ever. reasonable rate. Cleanest hotel I've ever stayed at. Great breakfast.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

1 Thank Edwin B
Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

The room was fine, nice in fact - Compliments to housekeeping and Mia, the front desk clerk.
Very kind... BUT

I've traveled quite a bit in my lifetime.
NEVER have I been grilled and talked to so condescendingly
by their night manager simply for walking to my
room with my suitcase and purse in hand.

I did NOT appreciate this manager standing in the hallway as I was walking toward
the room I had just rented five minutes earlier and
barking at me, "WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?"
Like I was not supposed to be in the hotel, with a tone
of voice like I was a child and/or a common criminal.

I replied, "My room" and continued on, highly offended.

He acted bored with his hands in his pockets and like he was pissed off at the world.
Had NO smile for anyone, nor did he even attempt to pose his question to me in a kind manner.
He barked it at me like I was some dog.
I did not appreciate him questioning me at all - Is this some policy by BW now?
I used to actually work for BW as a desk clerk in the 90s. We NEVER grilled anyone.

I am an educated woman and a successful career woman now, not some bum.
I have NO idea why he would have chosen me to do this to.

I've NEVER had ANYONE in ANY hotel question me as to why I was there.
Absurd and unprofessional!

I WILL be calling corporate headquarters regarding the
actions of this man.

When telling the front desk clerk the next day during checkout,
she just shook her head in agreement with raised eyebrow but said nothing about it.
Just said, have a nice day. Really?
The day manager said she'd check the cameras, like she didn't believe me and said
a simple, "I'm sorry and will talk with him."
That's not good enough for me.

I've stayed there quite a few times when in town, during my travels because it IS a nice hotel but. NEVER again.
I'm shocked and disappointed because I DO like this hotel.

Unfortunately, they just lost a few hundred more dollars per month as a result of their
treatment and the lack of compassion toward this customer.
I'll choose Marriott or Ramada next time.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Veronica V
Escondido, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Before arriving, I called the Best Western Plus North Canton Inn & Suites. Whitney answered the telephone, and I requested that she save me a copy of the USA Today newspaper. Upon arrival, I immediately noticed that this was a nice building and the inside was beautiful. Jason checked me in quickly, and gave me the newspaper that Whitney promised to save for me. It is pleasant when people actually follow through in doing what they say they will do. Jason also received a fax for me at no charge. The room I was given was a king bed suite. The room was very clean, the bed was comfortable, and there was plenty of hot water in the morning when I took a shower. The exercise facility, which I used for an hour, consisted of a treadmill, stair-stepper rowing machine, and stationary bicycle. Everything worked okay. I would like to bring to the attention of management that the fitness equipment should be replaced in the near future since it is getting dated. However, I still had a great workout. The complimentary breakfast consisted of eggs, biscuits and gravy, hot oatmeal, waffles, breads, fruit, yogurt, juices, and a few other items. It was indeed a full breakfast. Upon departure, it only took Whitney about a minute to check me out. All the staff I encountered at this property were polite and friendly. I will definitely again stay at this Best Western hotel when I return to the North Canton area.

Room Tip: Nice quiet king bed suites are located in rooms 337 or 339.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank MrLorin
Lancaster, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This Best Western property is much nicer than most BW properties I've been to. Clean decent sized updated rooms with flat screen tv's, a nice free breakfast, and very helpful, friendly, and accomodating staff. They have a free local shuttle which comes in handy if you know you're going to enjoy a few cocktails. Easy in/out to hotel. My go-to hotel when in Canton!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Mikenna63
Oak Harbor, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

The Inn is very clean from the front door to your room's door. Everything is clean and neat. Staff is friendly and smiles while looking you in the eye. Though we were just passing through the area, I would recommend a stay here to anyone. For one night or for a longer stay. It's conveniently located to the HOF, Gervasi winery, Belden Village, and other places.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

1 Thank Gary M
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

We are so glad we chose to stay here. The Staff was professional and courteous. The hotel was very clean and nicely furnished. The price was very reasonable and location very convenient - right off 77. The breakfast in the morning was very good and even offered made to order waffles! Very impressed.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Courtyard Canton
Courtyard Canton
#2 of 7 in North Canton
4.5 of 5 stars 302 reviews

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS North Canton Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!