“Frequent visitor-always try to stay here” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS North Canton Inn & Suites

BEST WESTERN PLUS North Canton Inn & Suites
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in North Canton
Summersville, West Virginia
“Frequent visitor-always try to stay here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

Frequent visitor to the area and always try to book a room here. In the last 4 years of staying at this location, I have never had a bad experience. Clean rooms, pleasant staff, comfy beds and a good breakfast to boot. I am a repeat customer and plan on returning this year.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sherri B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Leesburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

Clean, quiet, economical hotel with competent, friendly staff. Great value for the price. Stay here every time I am in the Akron/Canton area. You will not find a nicer, cleaner room than at this Best Western. A quality value at an affordable price.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank James T
Ellwood City, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Linda, Nicklas (our Grandson) and I returned this past weekend to the Best Western Plus in North Canton, Ohio. And as my title says, "we were happy we did."
From the time we, Nicklas and I, entered to the time, 2 days later when we left, it was a great time. Personalized service, friendly staff all around, and help when I ask for it, was what we experienced this trip.
We had a problem with the shower curtain. I went to the desk and told Whitney and before I got back to the room after stopping for a cup of very GOOD coffee, the curtain was taken care of. I was impressed with that. Not so much with what it was, but more with how fast Whitney had it resolved.
Adam who checked us in was very professional and he, as I learned later, was very knowledgeable about the area and where to go for something to eat. As he said there are a lot of places to eat around there. There's almost every eatery known to man around there. I'm making a joke of course, but there are a lot, for sure. Adam also told me about 4 places that are not chain eateries, but locally owned. We didn't try any this trip, but when we go there this early Fall for the Yankee Peddler Craft Festival we will. There is a mall also. Everything I have mentioned is within about a mile and a quarter of the motel.
I will be writing reviews on where we got food later. It’s hard going to a place other than McDonald’s when your traveling with a 6 yr. old, as I’m sure a lot of you understand. We did get food elsewhere none the less.

As for the rest of the personal at the motel. There are no complains from me. The cleaning service people were friendly, the lady who takes care of the breakfast area was nice. She was very busy too. As soon as a table came open it was cleaned for the next folks. I believe, as I wrote, the coffee, which was Maxwell House was always available and GOOD. Even the guy who was shoveling the snow was nice. He was outside the whole morning pushing snow non stop. And still had a pleasant demeanor about him and a smile on his face.
I know the people are trained to be pleasant at all times. But as anyone who travels knows, that’s not always the case.

As for the motel. The pool area, which is why we made this weekend trip with Nicklas was ready for him. As I wrote, he’s 6 and wants to spend all his time in the pool. It’s the first thing he talks about, and wants to do as soon as he opens his eyes in the morning. So him and I are in the pool by, at the very latest, 7:30 am.. The pool area is clean and very warm. The pool itself is also clean and chlorinated enough to keep it that way. The Hot Tub is very warm, which I liked and Nicklas found very hot. I didn’t allow him to stay in there very long and to be honest he usually left on his own to get into the big pool. That pool is perfect for kids. At it’s deepest point it’s 5 foot and 3 foot at the shallow end. All in all the pool was the hit of the trip once again for Nicklas.

Before closing, any family or anyone traveling alone and in the area of North Canton, Ohio, you will not do yourself or your family and injustice if you spend a day in this area. If by chance you do, consider a stay at the Best Western Plus. It all of what I wrote now and on a previous review. You will not be disappointed, at least we won’t both times.

Room Tip: Never had a problem with a room that was resolved. Pretty quiet. Good TV. with plenty of stations.Th...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Scabutch
West Chester, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

Would recommend this hotel. Great location to where I needed to be. Friendly staff and had a great room. Easy access to where I was going and also had an airport shuttle which I did not need but good to know if you are flying in to CAK (Canton Akron) airport.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank John F
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

Very pleasant, conveniently located. Close to restaurants and stores. We were very impressed by the way they dealt with a heavy fall of snow, by clearing the car parks during the night. Staff were very pleasant and courteous.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Columbus,Ohio, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

Most times this hotel is very good. My last stay whomever was staying above me evidently has no respect for the other people staying next to them or below them. They made so much noise I turned up the TV to drown out their noise.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Galena, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

There was a ton of space in this room as we were upgraded to a king suite. We enjoyed the Kerg machine for Hot Coca at night and coffee in the AM. Breakfast was not the greatest as the egg omelets flaps were cold and so were the Biscuits. There wasn't any bread for toast just bagels and muffins. One morning they had fresh waffles and the next they were frozen toaster things. The weather was awful and the maintenance department did not keep up on deicing the walkways and Housekeeping let water puddles form in the hallways where my husband slipped and almost fell. I would try this location again as it is close to family.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Red Roof Inn - Canton
Red Roof Inn - Canton
#10 of 18 in Canton
Hilton Garden Inn Akron-Canton Airport

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS North Canton Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!