“C level Mexican food”

Cuisines: Southwestern
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Full service casual
Reviewed October 2, 2018

I struggle to call it "mexican food" but really I call it "Ohio mexican" food. Lots of ground beef and typical fair you find in the area. Nothing that stands out or is special about the place. The food and service is consistent and predictable.

Reviewed September 6, 2018

Visiting my cousin in Ohio and she suggested this place. Great call! Really enjoyed the beef brisket tacos! Chips and salsa were good. Nice outdoor patio seating and great service. Cold local beer and perfect cocktail. Menu was big and would love to come back to try other dishes.

Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

I’ve been here twice after living in Akron all my life. The food is mediocre it’s not authentic Mexican food. The temperature of my food is never hot. It took longer than needed to be on a Saturday around 1pm. Not busy at all, our waitress could use some waitresses training 101 and also customer service 101. She never tried to suggest any dishes or explain any. I was trying to explain a dish I usually order at most Mexican restaurants she acted as if I was speaking Greek. Come on! rice, beans, tacos, enchiladas, the regulars Mexican food should be on the top of her tongue working at a Mexican restaurant, even though Pancho call themselves with a Southwestern twist. There is no need to run southwest to the border again here.

Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

After so many people raving about this place.I have to say i was sadly disappointed.The food was good unfortunately im big on service and it was very lacking.Im sure the prices seem comparable but for a 2 piece quesadilla chips quac and queso and a small pitcher of rasp magarita 43 seemed pricey.Onto the service as being seated on the patio there were only 2 couples out the ww asked to be seated elsewehere so we werent in the corner or right up against the other couple.The hostess said no because the other waitress just received a table.She then proceeeded to push our table further into the corner.When we ordered our queso we werent asked for a preference as we prefer the white queso.We didnt say anything we ate what we were brought.we wanted sour cream for the quesadilla after a few mins qw decided not to wait.i decided to ask for more chips as.not to waste the $14 in dip.5 more mins..when the chips came asked for rhe bill more time past.Im not very difficult to please however i didnt feel the service was good at all.Maybe it was just a bad experience however,I dont think ill risk it to see.The magaritas were excellent and the patio large comfortable and clean.

Maury S, Owner at Pancho's Southwestern Grille, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2018

JS

I'm sincerely sorry for your poor service experience during your recent visit. Our philosophy is to always provide the customer everything to meet their needs and requests. I offer no excuse regarding your seating as server assignments are flexible. We do not offer a queso blanco as we have offered that to our customers in the past and it is only moderately popular and, consequently, we discontinued it in preference to our cheddar and Jack blend.

I assure you we will use this a a training opportunity for our servers and hosts as well. I hope you will give us another opportunity to provide you the service we expect.

Reviewed June 25, 2018 via mobile

Just came back from one of our favorite places to go with a group of friends and we all enjoy Poncho's. We had made a reservation on the patio for 8 people, and the hostess was so rude to us. She said it would be 45 minutes to an hour if we wanted our table outside that we had reserved. Never cracked a smile or apologized that they didn't have our table. We are good customers and polite to everyone, but Missy was really rude and sent out bad vibes.
We still had a good time to despite her negative attitude and enjoyed our food immensely!
The margaritas were exceptional!

Maury S, Owner at Pancho's Southwestern Grille, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2018

I sincerely apologize for your bad host experience. There is no excuse for that behavior and I am quite surprised your patio seating was not available on a more timely basis. Please let me know what date you visited so I can counsel all involved. I hope you will give us the opportunity to make your next visit memorable on all counts.