“Worth the trip.”
Review of MAPS Air Museum

MAPS Air Museum
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: MAPS Air Museum is an internationally known museum of aviation and serves as a center of aviation history for Northeast Ohio. The museum features over 130 exciting educational displays in it's collection of acquired artifacts, interactive exhibits and historical archives in its own library. The museum currently has 48 aircraft in the inventory.
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Small museum, but a lot of neat little things from the personal belongings of our war heros from days gone bye that bring back memories and shows some of the sacrifices these men and women have made for us.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I just went here. I am a young airplane lover and this was the perfect place for a small excursion. F14, a Cessna, and when I was there a FA-18 Super Hornet came to park on the ramp at the museum for a day. I will post a pic of it with its canopy up. A very fun day with dinner at the Bombers Squadron Restrant!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

If you like to look and talk about airplanes than this is great place for you. The museum is affordable, and the staff are very friendly. They love to answer questions and kids are welcomed. You bring your curiosity and they will do their best to satisfy it! They are actively working on some of the planes and don't mind at all if you watch and ask questions.
The hanger is not heated so dress warm in cooler weather. There is a nice heated gift shop for warming up if needed.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

We went to visit the MAPS museum as part of a Cub Scout outing in January 2013. I've known about the MAPS museum for some time, but this is the first actual visit. I was very impressed at the quantity of historical displays and airplanes. I was also impressed with the number of enthusiastic volunteers. You can really tell that they care alot about the museum and the stories that go along with the displays. My son (me too) enjoyed sitting in various cockpits...something that is not all that common, but definately cool. I enjoy airplanes and military history so this was a great place. Don't overlook the back room (the "Hall of Distinction" or something like that)...it has alot of great military history items and stories. In general, make sure you explore all corners, there is alot of interesting stuff throughout the building. The gift shop is actually pretty good as well...lots of nicer items and not all junk. I also like the scale models hanging throughout the entrance and gift shop.

The museum is a bit off the beaten path, but the signs guiding you there (from I-77) are pretty good. Price of admission is pretty reasonsable. I've been to alot of military aviation/history museums and this one is a great find!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

the MAPS museum has many planes from thruout the history of aviation. there are several WWII era planes that have been restored. A big plus is the restaurant located at the museum. the food is pretty good as i recall and reasonably priced.

1  Thank Dean T