“Nice Motel..”

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in North Canton
Friendly, West Virginia
“Nice Motel..”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

If you are looking for a nice motel for your money.This is a nice one..Nice beds,Right in the heart of town.Great people were working in the office very helpful..Delicious coffee for the next morning..Just a very nice to stay for your money...

Room Tip: The rooms were very comfort and cool.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Kay W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Uniontown, Ohio
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Motel is older and shows it has had a rough life. Fills up quickly in evening. Coupon gets you a rate for $35 per night. Don't expect too much! Staff is nice. It is winter so I cannot speak on what pool is like. Wifi cost $4 per 24 hours.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these North Canton hotels

Kettering, Ohio
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Nothing bad to report. A good place to end the day. Near shopping and dining options. My only complaint was that everything I neede was the opposite direction of the traffic causing a lot of u-turns in adjacent businesses parking lots.

Room Tip: The rooms located closest to the freeway were actually quieter because the hotel lays lower than the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank SenseIntoDollars
Clemson, South Carolina
Reviewed May 10, 2013

This is a very typical, no frills, Motel 6, excellent for a cheap, near the airport motel, with clean rooms, comfortable beds, good wifi (costs $3.00), and helpful staff. Tammy, from the front desk, actually called shortly after we checked in to see if everything was OK. We've stayed in Motel 6's a good bit, but that was a first for us with this chain.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Toledo OH
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I am currently sitting in the bed at this hotel as I write this. Now I know it is a budget hotel but that is no excuse for DIRT !!! Broken toilet seat , no tissues, there is NOTHING in this room but the furniture and a TV. Not even a mini bottle of shampoo. And the towels are the size of postage stamps. We spent the day moving my boyfriend out of his house into a rental and were dirty , exhausted and had to find a place to sleep as the land lord has not finished the apartment reno so no hot water. Thought this place would be ok due to being close to apartment .. NOT

I don't know when they remodeled this place last or bought new beds but it is due for that and a whole lot more. If their was a way to rate it a ZERO I would.

Room Tip: Bring a can of commet or tylex and a good scratchy sponge so you can clean your tub
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AFMom06
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed here for a 6 night trip. It was cheap, close to everything, and cheap. Cheap is not always better. The rooms are old and dirty. The blankets are scratchy and again old. The phone fell apart when we picked it up. It was a nightmare. In the 2 nights we actually stayed there no one came to clean our room even though they called and asked if we wanted them to come. Our room keys stopped working and it was snowing out. We have 2 small kids and they were rude and unhelpful. When we finally got into the room we packed up and stayed at the Best Western Plus across the street. The rooms here were $45 a night for 2 queen beds. We ended up paying $109 gor a king suite at the best western. It was worth it. Trust me.We will never stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank lily917
Kure Beach, North Carolina
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Well, do yourself a favor and pass up this Motel 6. I have spent many a night at Motel 6 over the years. I just can't see spending over a 100 bucks for a hotel room. Normally a great value for your dollar and a decent clean room. This is by far the worst Motel 6 I have come across. I spent the night here last night. To be totally honest, I should have requested a refund, spent the money and went across the street to the Best Western. The rooms are VERY dated. Faded white walls, blue carpet, off white furniture. When first entering, the first thing I noticed were the stains on the carpet. Not in one area, but everywhere. Cracked plaster on the walls, broken chair, and a broken bathroom sink. The stopper was locked in the closed position. Very poor reception on the satellite TV, maybe 10 channels if your lucky.
Toilet/tub were clean. Some small amounts of mold in the corner/floor where the tub met the wall. Good pressure from the shower.
The bed, one word....stiff. Too firm for my tastes. Ancient mattress by the way. Did not get a good nights sleep. Thankfully the lines/towels were clean. Heater worked well, no issues there. The noise level here is high. You hear slamming car doors, room doors, and your neighbors activities. It was just after 3:30am when my neighbor slammed his room door for the last time waking me up just once more. I did look in the windows of a few empty rooms the next morning when checking out just to compare. They all were pretty much the same. The appearance of the property is run down as well. Overall extremely disappointed with this Motel 6. I know a lot of these motels are independently owned, but I always thought Motel 6 had some oversight on the property as well. If so, they really need to take another look at this one. If you stay here, I feel your pain. One plus, the staff was very nice and polite.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first Go across the street to the Best Western
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Home2 Suites by Hilton Canton
Courtyard Canton
Courtyard Canton
#4 of 7 in North Canton

Been to Motel 6 Canton? Share your experiences!