New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in North Canton
Uniontown, Ohio
“Ok”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Motel is older and shows it has had a rough life. Fills up quickly in evening. Coupon gets you a rate for $35 per night. Don't expect too much! Staff is nice. It is winter so I cannot speak on what pool is like. Wifi cost $4 per 24 hours.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Kettering, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Nothing bad to report. A good place to end the day. Near shopping and dining options. My only complaint was that everything I neede was the opposite direction of the traffic causing a lot of u-turns in adjacent businesses parking lots.

Room Tip: The rooms located closest to the freeway were actually quieter because the hotel lays lower than the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank SenseIntoDollars
Clemson, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

This is a very typical, no frills, Motel 6, excellent for a cheap, near the airport motel, with clean rooms, comfortable beds, good wifi (costs $3.00), and helpful staff. Tammy, from the front desk, actually called shortly after we checked in to see if everything was OK. We've stayed in Motel 6's a good bit, but that was a first for us with this chain.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Toledo OH
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

I am currently sitting in the bed at this hotel as I write this. Now I know it is a budget hotel but that is no excuse for DIRT !!! Broken toilet seat , no tissues, there is NOTHING in this room but the furniture and a TV. Not even a mini bottle of shampoo. And the towels are the size of postage stamps. We spent the day moving my boyfriend out of his house into a rental and were dirty , exhausted and had to find a place to sleep as the land lord has not finished the apartment reno so no hot water. Thought this place would be ok due to being close to apartment .. NOT

I don't know when they remodeled this place last or bought new beds but it is due for that and a whole lot more. If their was a way to rate it a ZERO I would.

Room Tip: Bring a can of commet or tylex and a good scratchy sponge so you can clean your tub
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AFMom06

Travelers are raving about these North Canton hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed here for a 6 night trip. It was cheap, close to everything, and cheap. Cheap is not always better. The rooms are old and dirty. The blankets are scratchy and again old. The phone fell apart when we picked it up. It was a nightmare. In the 2 nights we actually stayed there no one came to clean our room even though they called and asked if we wanted them to come. Our room keys stopped working and it was snowing out. We have 2 small kids and they were rude and unhelpful. When we finally got into the room we packed up and stayed at the Best Western Plus across the street. The rooms here were $45 a night for 2 queen beds. We ended up paying $109 gor a king suite at the best western. It was worth it. Trust me.We will never stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank lily917
Kure Beach, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Well, do yourself a favor and pass up this Motel 6. I have spent many a night at Motel 6 over the years. I just can't see spending over a 100 bucks for a hotel room. Normally a great value for your dollar and a decent clean room. This is by far the worst Motel 6 I have come across. I spent the night here last night. To be totally honest, I should have requested a refund, spent the money and went across the street to the Best Western. The rooms are VERY dated. Faded white walls, blue carpet, off white furniture. When first entering, the first thing I noticed were the stains on the carpet. Not in one area, but everywhere. Cracked plaster on the walls, broken chair, and a broken bathroom sink. The stopper was locked in the closed position. Very poor reception on the satellite TV, maybe 10 channels if your lucky.
Toilet/tub were clean. Some small amounts of mold in the corner/floor where the tub met the wall. Good pressure from the shower.
The bed, one word....stiff. Too firm for my tastes. Ancient mattress by the way. Did not get a good nights sleep. Thankfully the lines/towels were clean. Heater worked well, no issues there. The noise level here is high. You hear slamming car doors, room doors, and your neighbors activities. It was just after 3:30am when my neighbor slammed his room door for the last time waking me up just once more. I did look in the windows of a few empty rooms the next morning when checking out just to compare. They all were pretty much the same. The appearance of the property is run down as well. Overall extremely disappointed with this Motel 6. I know a lot of these motels are independently owned, but I always thought Motel 6 had some oversight on the property as well. If so, they really need to take another look at this one. If you stay here, I feel your pain. One plus, the staff was very nice and polite.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first Go across the street to the Best Western
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Rob H
Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

Rooms were a little outdated, but clean. No stains on our sheets or towels. Couple of small things--no batteries in our TV remote and the other couple we were traveling with had no cable for their TV so had to watch TV in our room, not that big a deal since we weren't really in the rooms much. Had some frustrations with making reservations due to wanting a "late leave". Was told on phone when making reservations that a note was made on our account and they actually ended up "reserving" the room for us for a second night so there would for sure be no issues with a late leave, and still told a note was made on our account. One person at this location that was talked to during reservation process was not openly rude, but was not extremely helpful either. When actually at the hotel, most of the people were very nice, again reassured me there would be no problem with the "late leave". However, when returning to the room at about 2:15p.m. to get our things and leave, we found our key didn't work. Turns out they had "checked" us out already. Granted, my husband got irate over the situation. Granted, he verbally "spouts off" and it is impossible to get a word in when he is going off. HOWEVER, having had some "customer service" oriented jobs myself, the BEST and / or CORRECT thing to do when on the receiving end of a tirade like his, would be to wait and when he did finish, apologize that the note did not get put onto our account as promised about a late leave. No note on our account was the excuse given for checking us out at noon versus late leave. If an apology had been attempted but my husband had started up again, the clerk should have simply stood there in silence. IF the clerk had been silent, my husband would probably have asked assurance that we would not be charged a second night and / or if anything could be done. The proper response would have been either no charge for a second night, or an apology that the room had been "checked out". UNFORTUNATELY, the clerk on duty apparently had no clue that sometimes a customer service position occasionally means you have to tolerate an irate customer and be polite no matter how irate they get. Because what did the clerk do, he turned to me and said (and I quote exactly) "he's obviously not going to let me get a word in so I'm going to walk away" and he literally turned his back on us and walked away, to the FAR side of the office. Personally, I knew at this point that the clerk could obviously get as irate as my husband and I know my husband good enough to know that if I just simply walked out, he would follow me. I had been able to talk enough to get the clerk to tell me that there would be no charge for a second night and that was my biggest concern, so I walked out and WE left. IF!! the clerk had performed a proper (if unpleasant for him) customer service and simply waited till my husband ran out of steam, I would have told him that I had been told over the phone that a NOTE WAS MADE ON MY RESERVATION. I DO understand from the clerks side of things that the whole situation was unpleasant to say the least (I do know what my husband is like), but if I had been that OPENLY RUDE to a customer, even that irate of a customer, I would have been fired. Sorry about the lenghty review, room was about a 4 on scale of 1-5, MOST employees we dealt with were nice, but one rude employee can spoil the whole trip. Oh, our room was only about the 5th from the freeway, and we didn't even notice any noise from it in the room.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
La Quinta Inn & Suites Canton
SpringHill Suites Canton
SpringHill Suites Canton
#3 of 7 in North Canton

Been to Motel 6 Canton? Share your experiences!