“DO NOT STAY HERE”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham North Canton
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in North Canton
“DO NOT STAY HERE”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

To begin, the "continental breakfast" was a joke. I ate at 7:30 am & most of the food was gone & was not being replenished. They cleaned our room & took our towels, but didn't leave any new ones. When I tried to call the front desk, I repeatedly got a busy signal. The walls were so thin, you could hear a pin drop in the other room & in the hallway. However, all of these things pale in comparison to the fact that they messed up our reservation, & kicked us out of our room a day early (on a holiday weekend, with nothing else available anywhere nearby), & when I say "kicked out", I mean it. We came back to the hotel to find that they had removed all of our belongings from our room and threw them in a pile behind the front desk. When I pointed out that we were given no notice of checkout, or a phone call to inform us of the obvious error, the response I received was, "We don't call. If you're supposed to check out, we just remove your things from the room". To my knowledge, this is illegal. At any rate, it is a violation of privacy & decency. DO NOT stay at this hotel. There are MANY other options close by!

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Traveler5643
MicrotelGM2014, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham North Canton, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thank you very much for the candid review of your experience at our Microtel. I sincerely apologize for the way you were treated and the misunderstandings regarding your reservation. If you would like to speak to me further regarding these issues, do not hesitate to call the hotel at 330-966-7551 and ask for Renee'.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Danville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I travel with a guide dog and this was a very accomodating hotel. lots of space to walk and potty and a refuse bin at every door. staff was friendly, rooms adequate. nice breakfast ea morning. they even went to find a yogurt for me! call the hotel direct for booking. we booked via hotel.com but overheard the desk quote lower prices to people on phone.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 12, 2014

What a huge surprise! This place is WONDERFUL! clean, fresh and upgraded inside and outside. Rooms are comfortable and well appointed and you can't beat the price anywhere around here! I would stay here again in a heartbeat! You won't be disappointed. Also includes free breakfast and WiFi.

Room Tip: Try and request a room NOT on the Interstate side of the hotel if at all possible.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
evington, va
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Where do I begin? My room faced I-77, seemed to be just feet away from thundering 18-wheelers that continued all night.

Ran the room a/c to try and drown that noise, but then it sounded like the guest in the room next door was trying to drown a hippo in the bathtub. At 3am. Loudly.

No soundproofing of any description between rooms. I could plainly hear every tinkling sound of that guest peeing every hour on the hour through the night, and when he flushed, it might as well have been in my room.

Receptionist was robotic, uncaring and very unhelpful. If she had paid only half as much attention to being welcoming as she did to checking my credit card, it could have been a wonderful experience. But it wasn't.

The room was OK, the noise wasn't. The bathroom was OK, the dirty towel left in my shower by a previous guest wasn't. Housekeeping was OK, taking half an hour to come and remove used towel wasn't.

In short, if you like roaring engines and rumbling tires, someone else's towel in your shower and listening to other people bathe and pee all night, this is the place for you. If you don't like those things, go somewhere else, I beg you.

Room Tip: A tip to help travelers choose a good room? Book a different hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Hyatt Place Canton
Hyatt Place Canton
#3 of 18 in Canton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Canton South

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham North Canton? Share your experiences!