“I'm So Done” 1 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Fort Collins, CO
“I'm So Done”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I used to frequent many El Rincon locations, but in the past year or two, I've come to realize how truly awful it is. I've been to Mexico many times, lived with two local families for months. This is nothing like Mexican food. It's really surprising, too, since many of the staff are straight out of Latin America. I'd really love to hear their thoughts.

I guess I don't really need it to be authentic, but it's not even good for what it is. The last straw was the microwaved relleno. The cheese was bubbled and hardened to the plate. Nobody needs that. I will now only go begrudgingly.

But they do do that one special thing to people on their birthdays...

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

North Canton, Ohio
“Fast food, good value”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

This was once a favorite place for us to dine, but the quality of the food has not been as good as in the past. I'm sure things change, but for the value, you get alot of food for the money. If I were to go again, I would get their Taco salads. Veggies are usually fresh, and the taste is good. Once you've eaten there, the next time is pretty much the same thing.... all in all they are consistent with their meals.

• Visited August 2012
North Canton, Ohio
“Mexican Comfort Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

El Rincon (The Corner) is a just what you'd expect from a typical Mexican restaurant. Lots of good food served quickly at a reasonable price. If you're looking to fill that spot in your belly with a burrito and some refried beans, El Rincon is a perfectly fine place to do it. The food is all fine, but if you are looking for anything interesting, special or out of the ordinary, choose a different place.

I would compare it to Amish restaurant fare. Go to the Hartville Kitchen or any of dozen places around Sugarcreek and you will good, home-cooked style meals. But we eat that at home, so when we go out we want something different or that we can't make at home. But people flock to Amish restaurants so clearly lots of people like sort of plain food.

I doubt that many people would say "El Rincon makes the best (fill in the blank) in Canton." Everyone has their favorite dishes, I am sure, but there just isn't anything that stands out. Chips and Salsa has the best salsa in town. Don Pablos has unique chips and number of unique entrees. Panchos has their habanero salsa, freshly made chips and their special queso.

The staff is friendly, the place is clean, the wait usually short ... all positives. Just not interesting.

• Visited October 2012
Canton, Ohio
“The new one in Jackson is great too!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

I love El Rincon! The one in N. Canton is awesome, and so is the new-ish one in Jackson township near the corner of Wales Rd and Fulton Rd. Both have the same menu, and both have really nice staff members. Their food is fresh, great quality, large amounts, and comes out really fast too! Their prices are also good. My only issue is that when you order a side of sour cream, it's a huge amount, and costs $1. I wish they'd offer less than half of that amount for 50 cents. Their food is so good. Their margaritas are great too, and also good prices. Sometimes we get take-out from El Rincon too.

Visited December 2012
NE Ohio
“Our Go-To Mexican Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

El Rincon in N. Canton has long been one of our go-to restaurants. Mexican is one of our favorite types of food and El Rincon ranks pretty high up there with the top Mexican restaurants in terms of great-tasting food and excellent service. Living in Texas for a few years, we've had our share of good Mexican, and this is better than most Mexican restaurants we've tried. The atmosphere is cozy and clean. There is a good variety of menu choices and food is well-prepared, served hot and always tasty. Prices are good and with coupons (and accept competitors) even better. Besides the great chips and salsa, we are fans of #21, Fajitas Yucatan, chicken soft tacos and the occasional margarita! Also, having younger children, El Rincon is also great because the staff was very friendly and the food came out very fast...no time for kids to get bored.

• Visited January 2012