Tripadvisor

“Great food and service”

Walther's Twin Tavern
Ranked #103 of 134 Restaurants in North Canton
Reviewed January 3, 2020

We visit about twice per month. The food is excellent and the service ( Mike the bartender) really hustles. He does a super job.

Date of visit: December 2019
Write a reviewReviews (24)

Reviewed April 16, 2019

We have driven by Walther's many times while visiting family in North Canton and decided to take them here for lunch. When we arrived there were a few cars in the parking lot and inside about 4-5 tables had diners.

We were greeted immediately by a very friendly lady, were seated at a booth and our server arrived quickly at our table. She was a very nice young woman who was friendly and polite and told us about the daily specials. While we reviewed the menu she brought us our drinks and we then placed our order.

Two of us took advantage of their luncheon fish, one had a tuna melt and one had a burger. We were all hungry and had high hopes that the food would be as good as the service and interior of the restaurant.

The fish was one of the smallest pieces of fish I've ever seen. My best guess is that it was about 4? long and 2" wide with the breading. It looked good, but after the second bite I realized there was something chewy and impossible to eat in the piece. I discreetly removed it from my mouth and could see it was a very dark gray as compared to the white I had eaten earlier. I then cut up the rest of the fish and it was almost all the dark gray color. I could barely cut it with a knife. Needless to say I ended up paying $9 for a small salad and very small piece of fish of which about 1/3 could actually be eaten. The other person who had the fish didn't comment about the taste, but did comment about how little fish was provided. The person who had the tuna melt loved it, but the person who had the burger said it was just okay.

So overall I'm rating this place as average because 1 out of 4 loved their meal, 2 thought it was okay, and as I wrote above I hated mine. Plus the service and interior of the restaurant were both very good. I think the next time we're in the area I'll try to encourage the family to go elsewhere because I don't know what I'd order next time.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed February 24, 2019

On Sundays from 9:30am - 2pm, the restaurant has a brunch buffet. Being a first time visitor, I made the decision that a buffet would be the ideal opportunity to sample a variety of food. The parking lot isn't big, so come early. We arrived at 12:00pm and we had plenty of seats on February 24th, 2019.

The inside is clean, bathroom was clean and host was friendly. We sat at a table for four. The buffet did NOT include labels on each item, so it was a guessing game. Food that was easy to identify was bacon, eggs, pancakes, salad and fried potaoes. The salad dressing was not labeled. I guessed Italian and I think I was right! The other choice smelled like ranch. The bacon was good; not too greasy and soggy; it was crisp and tasty. There was a choice of meat, but since I couldn't identify it, I left it on my plate The cost was $12.77/person.

There is a gluten-free menu!

Overall the food was a B, but without labels, I'll give it a B-.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed November 20, 2018

Sadly, we had hopes of a better experience, but were once again, disappointed.
Our first visit was not good and second was the same. I ordered soup and salad. Caesar salad served in tiny bowl....merely adequate. I ordered ham and bean soup, which tasted like dishwater with uncooked ham and onions floating in a thin liquid. My husband's fettuccini seemed ok, but the bread had no trace of an identifiable taste. I am so sorry to report this, but must add that our server was absolutely accommodating, pleasant and efficient. However, we will not try a third time.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank marilyn c
Reviewed October 19, 2018 via mobile

Was excited to try new place close to home. Service ok, food awful and not even edible and not as described for some of us.Was also there for an event and again food awful. Won't be back

Date of visit: August 2018