“View was Nice Food Okay”
Review of 356th Fighter Group - CLOSED

356th Fighter Group
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Scenic view, Romantic, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: 356th Fighter Group is the areas only authentic WWII Restaurant located at the end of the runways of the A/C Airport. Dedicated to the heroes of the War. Authentic memorabilia, artifacts and music from the era. Come back in time to a simpler era with huge windows that overlook the runways.
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
“View was Nice Food Okay”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

The view of the planes taking off was nice. The place feels older not just the ambiance but just the general place. Went for lunch and it was not crowded. The Beer Cheese Soup was excellent otherwise the food was just okay. My husband got a ruben which was on the smaller side but edible and I got the prime rib which to me had an off taste. Had to pay an upcharge to substitute a vegetable instead of a potato or rice, I don't eat either of those so I paid the upcharge and the squash mix was crisp and again okay but nothing special. I would suggest going if you are going to experience the theme, to watch some plane take off from the airport as you dine, and stick yo the beer and cheese soup.

Visited July 2013

“Great to be back”
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I visited for lunch one day during a recent stay. We'd been there many years ago and were pleased the atmosphere had not changed. The service was great with Alexa and the food was very good and plentiful. We'll be back.

Visited July 2013
North Canton, Ohio, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If you want food poisoning”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I went in on a wednesday evening I orderd the soup of the day which was chicken noodle, it was the worst soup I have ever tasted. I also ordered the black and blue salad, it was to come with garlic parmesan fries. The salad arrives and the fries had been soaked in butter and what I think was rosemary. Upon leaving I passed by the kitchen, which you can see into and I seen some short kid in a black "chef" coat picking up a cooked chicken breast with his bear hands. A couple hours after I got home my stomach started to hurt, an hour or so after that came the diarrhea and for three days my stomach hurt and I had diarrhea. It was a week later my bowel movements returned to normal. For the safety of you children and elderly loved one DO NOT EAT THERE!!!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank 406Wesley
Gloucester, Virginia
“It's the Atmosphere!”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We went one snowy night after visiting Stan Hywet. It was good but not great. It was a very special occasion and we ordered filets. The menu looked like everything had bacon in it. When they asked if I wanted bacon on my filet. I said no. I enjoy the flavor of a good steak I don't want bacon. Well mine I could taste bacon. I wondered it if had been previously cooked and they took off the bacon. It was disappointing. It didn't even have the good grill color that you want with a steak. I thought maybe that it just wasn't the thing to order. I enjoyed watching the planes and the decor. If I go again I would just get the beer cheese soup and bread and maybe desert.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank threekittyinn
Akron, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dont waste your MONEY!! Horrible Food!!!!!and SERVICE”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Horrible Food and Service!!! Dont waste your money!!!

Me and my husband ordered a Delmonico Steak and a Potato crusted chicken pasta over Alfredo...Nightmare to say the least!!! Steak was spoiled and was told it is aged by the Manager who we later found out was the owner! who offered nothing for a real waste of time!!! Pasta was mush and the Alfredo tasted like Thick flour water. We will never eat here again! Server was rude and had no knowledge of anything on special or the Menu!!! Super Disappointed isn't the words...we do not have money to waste like this, other kids meals were over priced and ice cold!
Management did nothing to help us out, We would have been better off to just give 356th 60 bucks and went to Mcdonalds.

• Visited May 2013