“An Appeazing Appetite At Akron/Canton Airport... Approximately”
Review of 356th Fighter Group - CLOSED

356th Fighter Group
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: 356th Fighter Group is the areas only authentic WWII Restaurant located at the end of the runways of the A/C Airport. Dedicated to the heroes of the War. Authentic memorabilia, artifacts and music from the era. Come back in time to a simpler era with huge windows that overlook the runways.
Reviewed February 28, 2013

This restaurant is just off the CAK Airport property and features a high-end dining experience that is up there with some of the best I've ever had. The staff goes above and beyond, and the food is worth flying in from out of town for. We've had both dinner, and their Sunday Buffet Brunch, and both were awesome!

There are newer reviews for 356th Fighter Group

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We were hesitant to go to the 356 Fighter Group Reataurant after reading the reviews... HOWEVER we are GLAD we did....NOT relying on the reviews!!!! Dinner two times recently were delightful!!! A very interesting place to go for dinner, service was great, dinner was DELUCIOUS both times!!!!!

1  Thank Sara3902
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I've been to the 365th Fighter Group a couple of times now, and I've always been impressed from the moment I get out of my car.

You walk in and the ambiance is completely awesome. Ask if you can have a seat by the windows & watch the airplanes fly in & out of Akron/Canton Regional Airport.

The lunch menu is fantastic as well as the dinner menu. Sunday brunch is rumored to be the best.

A lot of people celebrate milestones here & many have proposed. GREAT PLACE. Pretty close to I-77.

1  Thank Kimberly D
Reviewed December 7, 2012

The food was super and the atmosphere was comfortable and nastalgic. The service was great for our small party group. Prices are reasonable for the area. Great view too.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving Dinner at the 356 Fighter Group: The service was good. Seated immediately at a long table, more of a cafeteria style- not a bit classy or intimate- if that is what you are expecting- you won’t get it here on big holidays. Plates were cleared and refills given promptly. The food was not good. They should get a prize for the thinnest sliced turkey at a Thanksgiving dinner we have ever seen.I heard someone at the table behind me say it looked like lunch meat. A few slices were stacked over a tablespoon of stuffing (mostly unidentifiable brown goo).These little concoctions were served in the metal banquet pans, covered with canned gravy-and that is giving it some credit – more like tasteless goo -again. Some of the side dishes were reasonable but then again how badly can you mess up noodles and green beans. We were a bit perplexed by the carving station. The beef and ham was brought out in metal pans and a woman stood in front of the lighted cutting board smiling at you and being very pleasant. Never saw a knife but did see her reach under the carving station and bring up a foil wrapped stack of meat slices?! I walked away-not real bothered, just felt lied to and disappointed that the 356 Fighter Group would do something so dishonest as using the words “carving station” to up the price. We all agreed dessert was ridiculously poor but then again if it was the only thing that was bad we really wouldn’t have noticed; it just made bad – worse.
I think everyone went there thinking it was going to be a quality meal for the holiday. When you have to have reservations and you pay the price we did-there is a certain standard expected that was sadly lost here. I have never been but I can bet Golden Coral was better for half the price. My advice to the 356 Fighter Group would be to go for quality not for quantity. I know it’s about the bottom line for you but you have lost a few good customers. Oh and someone told me their clientele is mostly “older” adults and they are losing their taste buds anyway. What a reputation!