“Firebird's Niles”

Firebirds Wood Fired Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 72 Restaurants in Niles
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Firebirds Wood Fired Grill is located at the Eastwood Mall Complex beside Dillards. We offer authentic wood-fired steaks, seafood, specialty cocktails and select wines. Join us for Happy Hour Monday thru Friday from 4-7PM and Saturday & Sunday 1PM - 5PM at the FIREBAR(R) or on the patio. We offer top-notch service and upscale dining at a modest price. Visit us online to learn more.
Reviewed April 18, 2013

This was our first visit to this particular Firebirds, but we are no stranger to the reastaurant. We lived for 7 years in TN and very much enjoyed the Firebirds in Memphis, knowing it for good food and good service. We were not dissappointed. 3 of 4 of our party order steaks, all different. All were done perfectly as ordered. The 4th ordered the pecan crusted trout that was very nicely prepared. Service was prompt with timely follow up checks. You will spend a little more here, but it is worth it. Monday is 1/2 off wine night.

There are newer reviews for Firebirds Wood Fired Grill

Reviewed March 3, 2013

I decided to try this place while staying in Warren at the Fairfield in just across the street.

It was a Saturday and I came in around 8pm, so as expected it was quite busy. I opted to sit at the bar and eat, since I was here alone on business.

The staff seem a bit on edge, but still did an average job. I say average since the prices are approaching fine dining, but the service was more like what I expect at Carrabbas or Cheesecake Factory. I see quite a few chains trending this way and it is concerning. I you want to portray an upscale fine dining restaurant with nice wine lists and "trendy" interiors, great. But what can't be overlooked is training the staff to fine dining standards. To charge these high prices and not get upgraded service idisappointmentment.

That said, the staff was friendly and dadequateiquate job.

I ordered the Bacon wrapped Bleu cheese filet. The meat came cooked as ordered and tasted good. Was it to the USDA Prime steak standard one would expect for the price....maybe? It was flavorfulavorfull and not overcooked. I also ordered a side salad (most everything is ala carte) which wOK just ok. For an additional 5 bucks I would have expected it to be presented a bit more flashy, and not tossed in quite as much dressing. Not bad, not great either.

I might seem a bit picky, but reallybecausely becasue the place has such high prices. I expect to be treated to a higher standard if I am paying higher prices.

Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

The service is poor and disorganized , manager has no clue whatsoever . The food is average and overpriced, lengthy wait for food . They are consistent in getting your order wrong and charging for wrong items as well. Not very good.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I came in for dinner on a Friday night about 6:30, many tables were open but the hostess told us there were no tables available so we decided to wait at the bar, I guess this is exactly what they wanted us to do. We sat at the long table between the bar and the windows, we each ordered a domestic beer and our bill was $8. While waiting for our table the wait staff was using the narrow aisle we were sitting at to enter the bar, we were bumped into, brushed up against and even were asked to leave our seats so the staff could deliver glasses to the bar. When we were finally "buzzed" for our table we had to pay at the bar before being seated - they wouldn't give our tab to our server. When seated we ordered an appetizer - coconut shrimp - our server said we got between 6 & 8 shrimp, when the dish came we had 5 shrimp! Another waitress told us we should have gotten 7 shrimp...Hmmm sounds like more training might be needed for the staff. We ordered dinner, I had the crab cake salad, the salad was nothing exciting, lettuce/tomato and was the size I would have expected for a lunch salad, the crab cakes were slightly larger than a half dollar, they were very small. My husband ordered the trout, he asked what side came with it and the waitress said mashed potatoes. When his trout dinner came the side was coleslaw. So, three strikes against Firebirds. The ambiance is nice and the staff is trying so hard to make you feel like you're in a high class restaurant but the authenticity and sincerity of the staff just doesn’t make you feel like you are, fake smiles and the constant asking if everything is ok by multiple people ruins the dining experience. I believe many of the staff is used to serving at Applebees or Perkins and coming into a restaurant where people expect better service, they miss the mark. We paid $68 for our dinner and that’s about $30 more than I think it should have been. There is a wood fired grill in the kitchen and because there was so much smoke I went home with my hair and clothes smelling like a camp fire, yuck! We've been to very expensive restaurants and were excited to hear that a higher caliber restaurant was in our town but I'm still wondering where that is....we will not be back to Firebirds for a second visit.

1  Thank Dianna P
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Visited for dinner on an early Friday night. Atmosphere is very stylish and urban. A bit dark but hey it made me look better! Different for this area. Wine wall is very enticing. Food was pricey for a family of four but again you are paying for the atmosphere...something I am willing to do in the land of fast food and buffets. I wasn't particularly impressed with the food but my family thought it was outstanding. They ordered steak while I opted for chicken. Side salad was extra but I liked how different it tasted. I will go again but probably as a couple instead of a family!