“Good food.”

StoneYard Grill and Tavern
Ranked #7 of 73 Restaurants in Niles
Cuisines: American
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

Simple, clean, cozy atmosphere. We've been back 3 times in the last month (since our first visit). We've tried something different everytime and are happy will all meals to date. The staff is very friendly & attentive.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Since this has opened I have eaten here many times as it is near my house. They have a decent selection of food of good quality. I am not a big fan of their marinara sauce but the rest is good. Being raised Italian I have a preconceived notion of the flavors I want in my sauce. Now the Italian sausage sandwich is great. Not much heat to it but ask them for hot peppers on it to spice it up. They also have a nice selection of draft beers so you are not condemned to mainstream near beer. A nice atmosphere and friendly wait staff make me come back. The outside patio is great when it is warm out and is covered so you can still use it in the rain. If you sit at the bar you can get a $5 barburger and fries. Tough to beat that nowdays.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

There is something for everyone at StoneYard Grill and Tavern. The menu has everything from salads to fried fish. The burger of the month is always an unexpected delight (my son had a hamburger with a hot dog on top). Service is excellent and the ambiance is great. If you go before 7 PM for dinner, there are Happy Hour prices for alcohol and some appetizer specials. There is always a generous amount of food, but they really pile on the fries!
The restaurant is near the bike trail and they have places to park bikes, which is an added plus.
It is nice to see a thriving restaurant in Niles.

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

We recently ate at the Stoneyard in Niles. They have really done a great job converting this building from a store to a restaurant. I was surprised at how much room there was inside. The bar area is very large and comfortable and there are plenty of tables and booths in the dining area. Plus they built a beautiful covered patio for more space. As for the food, it was very tasty. I had a steak sandwich with fries. The steak was delicious and they packed a lot onto the sub bun and they give you more than enough fries. My father tried the baked fish and was very pleased and he is very particular about his fish. The side salad he had was a good size for being a side item. They also have a nice selection if draft and bottled beer. I will definitely return to try more from the menu.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We visited here for dinner with another couple on Friday July 5. We were greeted an seated in a roomy booth. The decor is modern with earth tone colors throughout. Very nice bar area also. Colleen was our server and she was friendly, informative and efficient. My friend ordered some hot peppers in oil and they came with a cute loaf of hot soft bread, very good.

The ladies got the haddock dinners and were pleased with everything. The salads were good sized and had mixed greens rather than just iceberg lettuce. My friend and I ordered the turkey club, he with shoestring fries me with onion rings and The sandwiches were Large and loaded with turkey lettuce tomato and bacon. They were so large We could Finish half the sandwich and took the rest home.

They also have a large selection of microbrewed beers of bottles and on Including Great Lakes beers. We will definitely be returning.