“What a refreshing and delicious alternative.”

Mizu Sushi Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 70 Restaurants in Niles
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Ohio
“What a refreshing and delicious alternative.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

There is a lot of thought and professionalism put into this restaurant and it's menu. We have enough steak houses and italian restaurants in this area. We need international flavor. This is the place to satisfy that craving.

The service was kind and fast. The food was artwork. I have no idea where a small restaurant in Ohio can get raw fish that delectable.

We ordered the sushi combo platter for two. We left with full stomachs. We were pleasantly surprised to discover a small slice of banana in the california roll. Yum!

They do not sell wine or alcohol but the server told us we are welcome to bring our own.

I am not a sushi expert, but I want to go back and try everything on their menu. The prices are reasonable.

They put a lot into the decor changing the building from the previous owner to give it a simple and lovely Asian atmosphere.

I hope business thrives.

• Visited October 2013

North Jackson, Ohio
“My New Favorite Hibachi Grill”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

I'm a hibachi grill fanatic. I always check out the local joints when I travel, and when new ones pop up in the Valley I'm always there checking them out. Mizu is by far my favorite ever, and the irony is that they don't even cook tableside. I enjoy a good hibachi show, but honestly, it's really nice to get the food I love while just getting to enjoy a nice quiet booth with my husband or others that we go with instead of a bunch of strangers. The food is excellent. I've tried a bit of everything in the now half dozen times I've been there since it opened and I haven't had a bad thing yet. The sushi is tasty, fresh, and downright beautiful. The hibachi menu items are great, as are the few apps I've had. I'm really interested in trying a bento box at some point as well. This place is small, but it shines! The staff is ALWAYS amazing- friendly, accommodating, everything good service should be. They are always good at helping me pick my sushi, making recommendations, or explaining something to me with the sushi (as in that I am still new). It is a very nice space and has a great ambiance to it- a mix of traditional Japanese with modern twists. The only thing that would make it better is if they had some Japanese music playing rather than normal American music. Mizu has no liquor license but you can bring your own saki, beer, wine, whatever and they will chill it for you and provide glasses (or heat your saki warm for you). Overall an amazing place that I will happily go again and again.

• Visited July 2013
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Opened last year - Just awesome place for Japanese”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We found them last year when they just opened. Food is the best! I love their sushi - ginger dressing on salads etc., excellent. Place is packed now all the time. The word is out.

Visited September 2013
Jefferson, Ohio
“They take the time to WOW you...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

This place goes above and beyond to create a beautiful dining experience. We were looking for a quick bite before seeing Despicable me 2 on July 3rd (must-see with kids!) and did a Foursquare search for Sushi in Niles. Mizu came up in the search and the reviews looked good- they were close... this place is great!

Instead of cramming all of our rolls on to one plate like many other locations do, the 3 Mizu sushi chefs took their time, decorated the rolls and sent them out on elaborate individual plates! The fish was fresh and our usual items seemed to tasted even better with their attention to detail.

The large rolls are priced so low! We are accustomed to paying $13-$18 for a large roll like a volcano, but here the most expensive was $11.95- well worth the price, especially with the beautiful presentation. Overall we only spent around $70 including tip- rather than our customary $100 for a dinner like this.

Our kids loved the Shrimp Tempura and Philadelphia rolls as well as the Spider roll (which came out on a web of sauce!). The Volcano roll was my husbands favorite (with lobster tempura on top and an actual volcano of sauce drawn on the plate) and the sweetheart roll stole my heart- beautifully made and the spice of the roll was off-set by the extremely fresh salmon wrapping the heart shaped rolls to perfection. The plate was also decorated with elegant sauce design reminiscent of a cherry tree. We were very impressed- though we were a little let down on the Wasabi Tobiko- didn't have the kick we are accustomed to.

Service was stellar until the very end when they got super busy, we waited a little long for our check. The soda's came out in cool tiki faced cups which the kids Loved!

The only drawback to this location is the 'echo' in the dining room. Everything seems loud and you can hear all the other tables. There was even a girl on a video chat on her phone practically yelling 3 tables down! That really dampened the atmosphere over all. With some sound dampening cosmetics, this could be a perfect location- though we WILL be returning soon and often for the price and extravagant looking rolls.

• Visited July 2013
Hubbard, Ohio, United States
“Try it you will love it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

My husband had wanted me to go to Mizu's for a long time, there was no way in hell I was eating sushi, however he did talk me into it because they had cooked rolls (CA roll, sweet potato roll, etc).
I am so happy I let him talk to me, I am such a fan I have actually eaten there 2-3 days in a row. The food is delicious, the restaurant is beautiful, my husband's work gives him occasion to go back into their kitchen and it is as clean in the kitchen, as it is in the restaurant, as it is in the bathroom. The owner only met me once and remembered my name and every time he sees me he calls me by name. You must try it. If you do not like sushi (which is excellent) they have dishes that are fully cooked and truly some of the best food I every ate. I can not say enough good things about Mizu's.

• Visited June 2013

Been to Mizu Sushi Japanese Restaurant? Share your experiences!