“Good experience”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

I have visited this restaurant several times with friends. Each time the food has been very good and the service has been average. The menu offers a wide variety and the prices are fair-leaning towards the higher side of casual dining. The atmosphere is somewhat dark and almost too dingy given the overall decor of the restaurant. The service is average. The hostess and other waitresses cover for each other, but nothing spectacular. There are many options to choose from on the menu and they all come out of the kitchen looking good.

1  Thank btaillon

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We had a good meal during memorial Day Weekend. This is a very relaxed atmosphere with casual attire. An adjoining bar/lounge and carry out is available. The Gnocchi Diablo was very good but it arrived almost the same time as our appetizers which made for a crowded table. The waitress did not even suggest desert. Overall,the homemade pastas and the boneless wings were very good and for a reasonable price.

3  Thank Roger B
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I submitted a review for the High Point several months ago and gave it a great review. We had dinner there a couple of days ago and boy have things changed - and not for the better. They either changed chefs or someone at the top just stopped caring altogether. The cheddar potato soup was like sludge - more of a consistency of mashed potatoes - they obviously scraped the little bit left in the pot from the very bottom and served it. I ordered a feature item on the daily menu - Tuscan Steak. It had very little flavor and all the vegetables that came with the steak were unidentifiable because they were so overcooked. Even the dinner rolls were so stale they were hard - they covered them with melted butter to make them look appealing but we couldn't eat them. We're normally not picky eaters - but we've crossed this place off our list.

1  Thank ds521
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We liked it when we first started going to High Pointe. Last time the prices were higher, food wasn't that great etc. Lower the prices and give a person less. I would prefer that

1  Thank Nancy313
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We decided to try High Point because we had a coupon from the Entertainment Book. I would definitely go back again. We had lunch that day but I would like to try dinner sometime. After a lot of discussion, we both decided on a good old fried bologna sandwich. It was very good with red peppers and fried greens on it and a big sandwich. Thanks to the waitress advising us that they give you a lot of fries, I got pierogis instead of fries and we shared the two. Pierogis were good and the fries were good and crispy. The waitress was friendly and helpful with suggestions. The only negative thing I would say is that they were a little slow, but not enough to keep me from returning. The prices were very resonable for a lot of food and it was a comfortable, friendly place.

2  Thank Lori C