“Far, far better than Applebee's but along the same line.”

High Pointe Restaurant and Tavern
Ranked #30 of 72 Restaurants in Niles
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Youngstown, Ohio
“Far, far better than Applebee's but along the same line.”
Reviewed December 9, 2011

This restaurant / tavern has about 20 to 25 tables and a full service bar, but comes across more along the lines of a clean nicely spaced café. The menu is about six pages and is loaded with normal cuisine from cob salad and sandwiches to linguine with clam sauce and various veal, fish, and chicken dishes. They also offer a design your own pasta meal. House wine is less than $5.00 a glass. Dinner portions are generous with prices between $10.00 and $15.00. Even though it is not exotic, the food tastes good. I like the place and the variety makes it easy to come back. Everyone seems friendly; it’s a great place to bring your spouse, mom and dad, or girlfriend if you have been dating for more than three months. There are other places to go if you want to showoff or just drink.

• Visited December 2011
3 Thank Tarf

Warren, Ohio
“Geart family place”
Reviewed October 14, 2010

This is a hidden gem in the Niles area. They give you huge portions for a very fair price. The waitresses are outstanding and there is never a line to wait in. I have had everything from steak to pasta to a sandwich from the menu and never found anything I didn't love. GIVE THIS PLACE A TRY, you will not be disapointed!

3 Thank parrothead101
warren
“If only the service and food quality matched the atmosphere”
Reviewed May 26, 2010

I must admit this restaurant has some of the best atmosphere I have ever seen in a restaurant. But that was quickly forgotten by the rude hostess, that wasn't even at the front when we came in, but came walking out of the back smelling like smoke (ew). We were seated, and the drinks took some time, but I was in good company so it didn't really bother me. The server came back to take our order and to be honest, she looked a mess. She was obviously trying way to hard to get us to like her and had being server in my younger years realized that we were a tip not a table to her. The food was mediocre, looked great, but the flavors didn't deliver. Asked about desserts and found out that they had NO selection and the cheesecake was TERRIBLE! It was warm and tasted like a cooler. Altogether it wasn't a pleasant experience...oh did I mention the waitress constantly flirted with my husband, (ex touching his shoulder calling him hun) It just goes to show how poorly put together this restaurant is...save yourself some money and time the next time you drive past High Pointe...just keep driving.

3 Thank alexa_49
girard, oh
“love this restaurant - fries are great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed August 1, 2009

We love this restaurant! We have 2 kids and they enjoy eating here, also! Service is friendly and food is fabulous!

2 Thank brianmare
niles ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Salvatore's Italian Grill Family Owns This Place”
Reviewed July 15, 2009

The bar was OK which I visited. Except for the horribly drunk bartender who was absolutely insulting and obnoxious. I won't name any names or anything *coughLorettacough**

1 Thank tintedaspect