I was with a group. Some stayed in the rather shabby cabins, which might suit if you had rambunctious children. The manor rooms are gloomy and dated, but clean. There is a mediocre swimming pool, golf and some other recreational activities. This is probably best suited to families with young children.
Be warned that the Manor is not handicap accessible. Even first floor rooms require climbing two sets of stairs--a pain for event the fit, toting luggage. If anyone has mobility or back problems this is not the place for you.
The service is less than prompt. I called the day before to reconfirm a small refrigerator in my room, but there was none when I arrived. When I called the desk, I was sent to a mail box and did not receive a call back for about three hours. They did bring in the refrigerator after that.
Restaurant hostess said that she would if she could find a place for us in the empty dining room. Some time later, another employee came through and said they would see what they could do. All the tables were set up for dinner and it was 6:30 (dinner hours 5-9 pm). We gave up and drove into nearby Burton.
Wifi is easily accessible, but TV channels limited and there was a loud buzzing that made it difficult to listen to NBC and ABC.
There is no lobby seating. Anyone who wanted to chat had to go outside into the hot sun. Not too bad on this lovely day, but there should be lobby seating.
This is an attractive park, but does not have features that would induce me to travel any distance to visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Punderson State Park and only 50 minutes southeast of Cleveland, Punderson Manor Lodge and Conference Center is a historic English Tudor-style mansion featuring 31 spacious guestrooms, 26 fully furnished two bedroom cottages, a conference center that accommodates up to 100 and an elegant full-service dining room with views of Punderson Lake. Enjoy a challenging round of golf on our picturesque 18-hole championship golf course. Other activities and recreational opportunities include hiking, swimming (indoor/outdoor pools and sandy beach), boating, fishing, tennis and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and getaroom.com so you can book your Punderson Manor Lodge and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punderson Manor Hotel Newbury
- Punderson Manor Resort
- Punderson Manor Lodge And Conference Center Ohio/Newbury