“Excellent”

Red Oak Pub and Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 113 Restaurants in Newark
Cuisines: American, Bar, Gastropub, Brew Pub
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Food...friends...fun, Just what every community needs. That is why the Red Oak Pub and Restaurant Newark OH is the perfect place to dine, gather, and hang with a lot of laughs, great food, best burgers and a precise beer selection. The warm welcoming décor of exposed brick walls, oak wood and perfect music will enhance our warm hospitality to every guest that walks through the door. Red Oak Pub in Newark Ohio fits our guest of any age, families, singles, couples, grandparents or business people.
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Went here because of reviews on trip advisor and we were not disappointed. Excellent hamburgers-some of the best I've ever tasted. Very friendly and fun atmosphere.

There are newer reviews for Red Oak Pub and Restaurant

Reviewed June 17, 2014

I went there with my adult children always nice to fine good food in Newark, I had the jerk chicken tacos, good but nothing to brag about however with the side I chose sweet potato fries not sure if the fries were great but the caramel /marshmallow sauce that came with them for dipping was amazing. Kids enjoyed their food, atmosphere was nice, bar area was very pretty. waitress was very attentive we had no mishaps.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

When the Red Oak first opened we visited and thought the food was just OK. We always give a restaurant a second visit, however, to make sure we are fair and one night last week we did just that. Hubby got the peanut butter burger and onion rings - loved it. I got the buffalo chicken wrap on a cheese tortilla with a side of onion rings and loved it. I took half of it home for my lunch the next day but my hubby beat me to it! Can you imagine?

We had an appetizer of wings and they were good, too. I like sweet tea vodka in my iced tea in the summer and not many bars carry it but Red Oak did - excellent. Overall, we're glad we re-visited and encourage YOU to give it a try. Staff is friendly, wait for booth was short (even though the parking lot was full) and we enjoyed our meal immensely.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

First of all, table was sticky. Gross. Couldn't tell if it had food on it or the table finish was coming off. Ordered the Caesar Chicken Wrap. Was displayed nice, but very dry. No house- made Caesar dressing on it. Ordered a salad instead of side( for a $1.99 more added to bill) but it was not brought out. I was a waitress many years ago and we always took salad out first. The onion rings were greasy, a bit over cooked and the onions inside were more like onion mush. Reuben was pretty, but a little dry. The waitress was great, she kept refreshing drinks and checking back. We have been to many restaurants around the area and your menu is very similar to other pubs & sports bars. Kind of boring. You really do not have anything different and striking to keep people coming back. Roosters across the street would be my choice if I was up in this area again. If you want to stay around you better get something on your menu that will knock the socks off people or something different that will set you apart from other area pubs. Dare to be different! In this area restaurants come and go. If your not different, you may not last long here either. If a menu change is not in your future, your food's taste should be top quality and I have tasted better.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

My wife and I met another couple there for lunch. We ordered spinach dip with chips as an appetizer. The dip was good, but the chips were stale. I had a reuben which was very good, but actually had too much meat, which meant that it was hard to taste the sauerkraut and dressing. French fries were very good. The menu had a wide variety of quirky burger choices with things like peanut butter and maple syrup on the burger. This was intriguing, but I didn't want to experiment while paying $8 for a meal. Too full for dessert. They also have a huge variety of beers on tap.