“It's an OK place, but not my favorite”

Red Oak Pub and Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 118 Restaurants in Newark
Cuisines: American, Bar, Gastropub, Brew Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: If you're looking to catch a game while enjoying a seriously delicious burger and some steak fries, then we are the place for you! While our restaurant is known for its burgers we have an extensive menu including salads, sandwiches, soups, desserts and more. Our restaurant is great for patrons of any age. We pride ourselves on being a family style restaurant that can double as a pub. We are the perfect place for food, friends and fun so check out our menus online and stop by today!
Reviewed June 16, 2014

First of all, table was sticky. Gross. Couldn't tell if it had food on it or the table finish was coming off. Ordered the Caesar Chicken Wrap. Was displayed nice, but very dry. No house- made Caesar dressing on it. Ordered a salad instead of side( for a $1.99 more added to bill) but it was not brought out. I was a waitress many years ago and we always took salad out first. The onion rings were greasy, a bit over cooked and the onions inside were more like onion mush. Reuben was pretty, but a little dry. The waitress was great, she kept refreshing drinks and checking back. We have been to many restaurants around the area and your menu is very similar to other pubs & sports bars. Kind of boring. You really do not have anything different and striking to keep people coming back. Roosters across the street would be my choice if I was up in this area again. If you want to stay around you better get something on your menu that will knock the socks off people or something different that will set you apart from other area pubs. Dare to be different! In this area restaurants come and go. If your not different, you may not last long here either. If a menu change is not in your future, your food's taste should be top quality and I have tasted better.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

My wife and I met another couple there for lunch. We ordered spinach dip with chips as an appetizer. The dip was good, but the chips were stale. I had a reuben which was very good, but actually had too much meat, which meant that it was hard to taste the sauerkraut and dressing. French fries were very good. The menu had a wide variety of quirky burger choices with things like peanut butter and maple syrup on the burger. This was intriguing, but I didn't want to experiment while paying $8 for a meal. Too full for dessert. They also have a huge variety of beers on tap.

Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Came here based off reviews from trip advisor, glad we stopped! We started with fried pickles, delicious! They were spears and lightly battered...just how we like them. My wife had the breakfast on a burger and said it was very good (she took half back to the room). I had the peanut butter bacon burger (why not?) and it was actually very tasty. The fries were good as well, nice portions. I was very happy to see kentucky bourbon barrel ale on tap too! Our server Brittany was great and didn't bug us every two mins. We would definitely come back if we were in the area!

Reviewed June 3, 2014

This establishment has the best food, the best service, and the best atmosphere, great prices. Love it!!!!!

Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

This is the best thing that happened to Newark's casual dining in decades! The food is Great and the staff is totally Customer Orientated! I love the Oak Salad and the Apple Bacon Burger...it makes my mouth water just thinking about it again!
Great Job...Red Oak Pub!!! Keep up the good work, we plan on making this a regular meeting place for Family and Friends!!!