“Maple Syrup Madness”
Review of Dawes Arboretum

Dawes Arboretum
Ranked #1 of 19 things to do in Newark
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Dawes is very beautiful this time of year. The trails are great. Make sure you visit the Japanese Garden. The maple service experience is very cool. They have free samples and lots of great info on the history of maple service.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

They do a lot of free and cheap educational events. The history of the people who began the place is given in a tour of the historical home on sight. Its a great outdoor walk and very educational. Too many trees and plants to mention!! Arbor Day is awesome!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

if I could build a house here I would never leave. dawes is so beautiful, peaceful and educational. so many plant and animals to see it's impossible to really enjoy it all in one day. I would go more often if I lived closer. if I lived closer however, like I said before I would never leave.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

dawes is wonderfully large,diverse,and beautiful.Miles of trails for walking and driving.a cypress swamp,japanese garden,and a nice little ampatheatre,and of corse every kind of tree that will grow here.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

My husband and I stopped here on our way to a weekend getaway in March and the salamanders were hatching by the dozens right before our eyes............I have never seen anything like it. Amazing.

Been to Dawes Arboretum? Share your experiences!