“awesome”
Review of Dawes Arboretum

Dawes Arboretum
Ranked #1 of 18 things to do in Newark
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Love this place. I'm close, so we take the kids every fall to walk around and see the colors, etc. They always do a Maple Syrup thing as well. Just a great place for families, and very educational as well.

1  Thank Ontheroadaga1n
There are newer reviews for Dawes Arboretum

Reviewed December 30, 2012

This is a great place to go to relax and enjoy nature. I love seeing it in all 4 seasons. My dogs enjoy it too!

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Dawes is one of those hidden places where you'll pass the sign on the highway (there are signs on I-70 about 25 miles east of Columbus) a thousands times, but never think to stop. I was lucky enough to have a friend who grew up nearby and took me there a few years ago. I've been dragging folks ever since. Several hundred acres of well kept, extremely well tagged trees, shrubs, bushes and flowers, along with a few miles of hiking trails make this a most enjoyable afternoon with the family. The lookout tower was closed last time I was there, due to vandals, which is sad. One of the great things to do there was to look at the topiary from atop the tower. There is still plenty to do at the arboretum, so that is not a deal breaker. DO NOT FORGET YOUR CAMERA!!!

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Located just north of I-70 on State Route 13, Dawes Arboretum is an easy 40-minute drive from Columbus.
Specimens are grouped and labeled so identification is easy. I suggest making sure to tour the house and visit the Japanese-style garden near the visitor's center. Just beautiful in the spring!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Beautiful place to visit! Been here numerous times, I took my daughters Senior pictures at Dawes in the Spring of 2010. Fall foliage is always gorgeous every year as well. Peaceful place. Nice gift shop and exhibits as well.