“New York Strip”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Huber Heights, Ohio
“New York Strip”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Went to this restaurant after reading reviews. We were a group of four on a golf outing and the atmosphere was very nice. The wait staff was excellent, and the menu somewhat limited but a nice variety. Two of us ordered the New York Strips and two ordered the Rib-eye. I ordered my steak medium rare and it came over cooked and very tough. The rib-eyes were very good, next time I would order the rib-eye. Very disappointed with this cut. All the sides where very good.
Very nice but would not recommend the New York Strip.

• Visited October 2013

Akron, OH
“good choice”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

our group of 12 dined on Saturday night(place was empty) and every one of us had really good
meals from steaks, sea bass, scallops, pork chop. Service was solid and manager was very attentive. If I lived in the area it would be a regular stop for my wife and I.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank tdohio
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
“Great dinner!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was so much better than we expected in a little town in the middle of Ohio. Everything was delicious and generous, but also much more interesting and sophisticated combinations of flavors than one might expect at a "Chop House". Freshest fish, beautifully cooked. Recommend completely.

Visited August 2013
Cincinnati
“Hits and misses”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Recently, I ate here with a group of 7. While others said there meal was delicious, there were two of us with meals that were just average. I had the prime rib special, ordered medium. When it arrived, it was beyond medium, bordering on well done. I didn't want to say anything because it had taken a while to get my meal and the others had their meals half way finished. I have never had to add salt to prime rib, but this piece was completely bland. It tasted as if there was no seasoning whatsoever added to the meat. So, on went some salt. Potatoes and the vegetable of the day were the sides that came with the prime rib. I was surprised when the vegetable of the day turned out to be pasta with a very small amount of broccoli in it. Really? Pasta and potatoes?

Others at the table had ordered the steaks, which looked very good. However, they had ordered bernaise sauce for their steaks and were presented with something that looked like brown gravy. The manager came by and asked how things were. He immediately rectified the situation with the bernaise sauce.

When we were presented with our bills, they were incorrect. Everyone's drinks and appetizers were on the wrong bills. We just settled up among ourselves. It was easier than trying to get the bills corrected.

I would probably look for another restaurant next time.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank QueenMimi
Granville, Ohio
“Great meals”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

The Chop House was a pleasant surprise. It has improved since our visit a year ago. My steak was done to perfection and my wife's snapper was very tasty. Service was excellent and prices have decreased. May rate as the best restaurant in Newark.

• Visited August 2013