Cherry Valley Lodge
$107
$72
$68
$70
The Granville Inn(Granville)(Great Value!)
$149
$127
Travelocity
Econo Lodge(Buckeye Lake)
$76
HotelQuickly
TripAdvisor
All reviewscoco key water parkgarden tuban indoor water parkgazebocabanaohiowolf
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I booked several rooms at Cherry Valley for the out of town guests for my charity golf event. The rooms were clean, nice, roomy. The hotel has a family oriented feel and for that is pleasant. If you are planning on a wedding reception, retirement party, or any other event in which there may be bar activity I would look elsewhere. The very sour attitude bar tender made last call at 11:20pm on a Saturday night with the bar nearly filled to capacity. There was a wedding reception at the lodge as well and there were many guests spilling in. The unpleasant women behind the bar further agitated the guests by berating people for "brining in beer" which I happened as a few people wandered in from their rooms and the wedding. I think she used this as an excuse to close. Add to that the 1980's era rear projection TV that adorns the bar area you have a very disappointing ending to the evening. Again, good hotel for the kids, not so much if you are looking to have a fun adult evening. And I would NOT plan a wedding reception here unless you its a dry reception or you have means to continue celebrating offsite.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank Bill K
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We stayed here because my husband was presenting at an organic farming conference, and this was one of the closest hotels. The front desk was top-notch, all the way through. I had a feeling that this hotel was coasting on its laurels. My husband went to present his material at a conference nearby, and I stayed at the hotel all day ..... had lunch and dinner at the hotel. I was ever-so-slightly intimidated as I walked into the restaurant, as ALL the wait staff was sitting idly beside the hostess' area -- just -- I don't know, maybe talking? So I was seated with very few other diners (sounded like some of the neighboring tables were "townies?") And the service was friendly but very slow. Same at dinner. The quickest place for dinner was a table in the "bar."
The day we were there, 3 p.m. was upon us, and I was thinking the housekeeping staff would probably be going home soon, and we had not received any room care -- no towels, linens, vacuuming, etc. So I called the front desk. They assured me that the housekeeping staff would be there for quite a while yet, but they would check to make sure they hadn't forgotten our room. I said we weren't in any hurry -- just wanted to make sure we had clean towels before they went home. The housekeeping staff took it as an insult -- as I left my room to get a soda, I heard a young woman with a cart saying, "I'm coming! I'm coming!" And she made up my room as if I'd asked for the moon -- and honestly, all I wanted to know, was if the housekeeping staff was going home soon, or would they be around for a while.
The room was clean. Check-in and check-out were a breeze. The beds were comfortable. The towels and linens were clean. The internet connection was good (which we needed, because it turned out I would need to drive 800 miles to Omaha the following day to avoid a rain/snow/sleet storm.)
But I have conflicted feelings about this hotel. It is clean; the food is adequate (but slow); the reception desk is efficient; the housekeeping staff is adequate but takes offense easily.
We stayed here in February, and could see it would be a beautiful setting when the grass turned green & the flowers began to bloom. Some of the staff were very gracious. Some of the staff expected us to act as if the grass & flowers were already out.
We probably need to stay here in good weather to get a really good feel for the place. But my opinion (when we stayed there in mid-February), and my opinion (as I'm writing the review in mid-April), is that they are coasting on their laurels -- acting as if they are as wonderful as they were maybe 20 years ago -- and I wasn't duly impressed. It was nice. But not as nice as "some" of them thought it was. If you get a good price for this motel, it's fine. But if they quote a huge price -- it's not THAT nice.

Room Tip: All rooms are good -- none are better than any other. Quite far off the noise of interstates or highways.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Wilma608
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights in mid April 2014 on a business trip visiting the Science and Technology center for my company. All of the staff I meet were very friendly and helpful. During my stay I had no issues, but I am sure if I had they would have taken care of me. Breakfast was very good each morning. Room was very clean

Room Tip: the hotel is laid out in a circle with a pond in the middle of the circle..As the rooms have a small balcony, ask for the second floor over looking the pond. Makes for a nice place to relax
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Larry M, General Manager at Cherry Valley Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear Grasspike,
Thank for taking the time to share your review of Cherry Valley Lodge. We appreciate your kind comments concerning our staff and I will be sure to share them with all departments. The fish and ducks in the pond are getting lively in these warm Spring days and we hope to be in full bloom with our cherry trees with lots of little ducklings to enjoy over the next couple of weeks. I hope you can return in the near future.

Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

If you look at the website, you kind of get an idea of how the rooms are set up. Rooms with two queens are L-shaped with a queen at both ends of the L. There is a dresser with a refrigerator and TV on top that separates the two beds sitting in the middle of the floor... A little weird. The room also had two high back armchairs and two dining chairs at a small table. The room also had Jack and Jill style double sinks outside a small separate room with shower and toilet.

Noise does conduct between rooms side by side and top to bottom. The plumbing in our area was very highly audible when a neighboring room our the room above us used the shower our toilet.

We did not eat at the location so we cannot comment on the numerous eateries at the lodge.

Overall it was just ok... A run of the mill Holiday Inn Express would easily always rank higher than this location as a measuring stick interested travelers could go by.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank NateSpringfield

Thank you for your review concerning your recent stay at Cherry Valley Lodge. We always appreciate the comments we receive from our guests. Our rooms are unique in their layout and work great for many of our guests. From our 18 acre grounds, our beautiful courtyards, and our arboretum, and our indoor waterpark, we are unique in many ways. I apologize that the plumbing presented some problems for you and I will look into that with my maintenance manager and see if we can make some improvements. Again, thanks for your comments and I hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

The spa is outdated. The equipment is not clean. The towels are stained. The room was freezing. The robe I was given was dingy and stretched out. I had to hold it up because it was stretched out at least 5 times the size it should have been. The facial was very bare minimum. The girl never even removed my eye makeup. I paid in cash and was told she did not have change. Then I was told she was confused about counting out my change. My total was $69 and I gave her $80 cash. After helping her I left a 10 percent tip and was called cheap as I was walking out. Horrible experience!

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank rayvan929
Larry M, General Manager at Cherry Valley Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of our Banyan Leaf Spa. I sincerely apologize that you were not pleased with our facilities or services. I will share your comments with our staff as we are committed to providing service levels that exceed your experience.