We stayed here this summer for a softball tourney that took place in Zanesville. What a mess!
Yes, the facility is dated, but that is the least of its worries. Most of our group (we had about 10-12 families with us) had issues.
One woman in our group was told her room was not ready. She waited and then checked with the front desk again after watching other customers receive keys and head off to THEIR rooms. When she was finally given a room, there was black mold in the shower/tub area and she had to get a new room.
What was most disturbing was the fact that there was a male employee that hung around the pool and hot tub area while it was full of our teenager daughters. I actually watched him for some time as he just stood from outside the pool area looking in. Then, he'd walk away and return about an hour later and do it again. He was just standing and watching - not working, not doing anything. When I asked him to move on because he was making the girls uncomfortable, he said he was maintenance and he had to make sure the hot tub level was ok. WHAT?
When the desk manager came to talk to me, she told me he was security and that other guests had complained about men at the pool, so this guy was watching for problems. I told her that he had a completely different story, to which she didn't respond...except to say that he couldn't be doing anything wrong because his wife worked at the hotel too. WHAT??
When I returned home, I sent an email from the hotel's website that fell on deaf ears. I also sent a hard copy to the owner of the hotel. We stayed there in July. It is not September and I have received NO RESPONSE regarding my email/letter.
Unprofessional, unethical, unbelievable!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guest may choose from 200 comfortable guestrooms and Jacuzzi suites. Enjoy in room refrigerators, coffee makers, complimentary WiFi, and views of the courtyard and surrounding gardens. Indoor pool and Jacuzzi, exercise room or our full-service Banyan Leaf Spa can be enjoyed. Also featuring Sunflowers Restaurant and The Lodge Pub as well as The CoCo Key Indoor Waterpark. POPULAR NEARBY ATTRACTIONS: The CoCo Key Indoor Waterpark, Denison University, The Midland Theatre, The Works, The National Heisey Museum, Ye Olde Mill Ice Cream Parlour and Museum, National Trails Raceway, The Great Circle Earthworks & Ohio Indian Art Museum, The Longaberger Homestead ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Cherry Valley Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cherry Valley Hotel Newark
- Cherry Valley Newark
- Cherry Valley Lodge Newark, Ohio
- Cherry Valley Lodge Ohio
- Newark Lodge Cherry Valley