Cherry Valley Lodge
$107
$72
$68
$70
The Granville Inn(Granville)(Great Value!)
$149
$127
Orbitz.com
Econo Lodge(Buckeye Lake)
$76
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewscoco key water parkgarden tuban indoor water parkgazebocabanaohiowolf
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We travel to Newark often to visit family and finding this hotel was perfect. We have many children in our family, so for a get together this hotel had everything we needed to enjoy ourselves on a cold rainy weekend. We did book on expedia. I would not recommend. Call the hotel and reserve through them directly. Our room did not include water park passes when we booked through expedia. But the hotel helped us sort it out when we got there. The rooms were nice. They allowed pets and for the first time I travelled with my little 8pound dog. The staff were all friendly and helpful. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank kalisn1
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We just returned from staying at Cherry Valley Lodge in Newark, Ohio. We had a beautiful room with a great view out to the pond and trees in the middle~it was very pretty with all the leaves turned and the trees all lit at night. The one negative thing was the sliding door was so dirty it was hard to see out of it...luckily it was so warm outside we opened up the door! We called to ask if they rented bikes and they let us use them for free which was a nice bonus and they are located right on the bike path that takes you into Newark or into Granville in the other direction. We ate breakfast there and it was very good~I had thick cut french toast which I couldn't finish because there was so much and my fiance' had an open English Muffin covered with chirozo and hash browns ( like a Mexican Eggs Benedict) and he said it was very good and he also couldn't finish it all because they gave him so much! We enjoyed our stay but felt the staff that worked there could have been much friendler except for our waitress in the restaurant~she was great! We will be going back next month to see another concert at the Midland Theater in Newark.

Room Tip: Try to book a room that faces inside to the trees and pond.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tigercar5
Reviewed October 10, 2012

This is a very nice hotel. Rooms are fairly large, bathrooms are huge and well stocked. Grounds are well kept. Staff at the front desk and housekeeping personnel are very friendly and helpful. There's a bar, business center, ATM and a restaurant. Only one half mile off RT 16. This hotel within the last 5 years has added on an indoor water park.

Rates are reasonable and many attractions are nearby associated with Longaberger Basket Company.

If in the area, I would definitely stay here again as this was my third trip. I don't look for anything in the area. There will be no disappointment.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank BusdriverPhil
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I am writing this from the smelliest hotel room I've encountered in years, and I travel a lot! The odor is a strange melange of stinky feet and maybe a bit of stale smoke. The doors have been wide open for an hour & still it does not abate. I thought the room just needed to air out. Now I am debating risking demanding a move - after all it COULD get worse rather than better!

I came here for an anniversary getaway with my husband...we have stayed here many times, and had mostly good experiences. I fear this may be our last visit because the room doesn't seem clean at all. Besides the smell there are crusty white stains on the sofa (shudder) and one of the bed pillows smelled so mildewy that I threw it into the closet. As I write this I'm wondering why I haven't demanded a different room. Maybe it's that I'm concerned I'll be met with a callous disregard, as others have posted...Stay tuned for more...

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank midwestmomdotcom
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We had a great time. The staff was friendly and helpful at the hotel & waterpark. The grounds were beautiful. Our room was nice. There were a few little things that could have been improved but minor cosmetic things. The waterpark was nice too. We will be back. We didn't eat on site. The food at the waterpark didn't look so good and the other restaurant didn't look kid friendly.

Room Tip: We got the courtyard king room. It had an amazing view and direct access to the courtyard with the gazebo & pond. It also had a huge bathtub. The coffee pot only makes 1 cup. If you have more than 1 coffee drinker ask for extra pods at check in.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family