“Wonderful memory to last a lifetime.”

Coco Key Water Resort
Ranked #9 of 19 things to do in Newark
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I took my granddaughter to the water park today and she had the time of her life. The water was so clean and the temperature was perfect. She had a smile on her face from the time we arrived until we left. The staff was very polite. No matter what age you are there is something for everyone to enjoy. When we were leaving there were people sitting in the courtyard enjoying the beautiful evening and surroundings. This is a wonderful place to kick back and relax.

Leana D, Public Relations Manager at Coco Key Water Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We do everything we can to make sure your stay is ideal! We love to see smiles when you leave our facility!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Note about the Lifeguards: Putting this first in case you don't make it through my entire review. These kids (that's what they are high school and college kids) are there for your childs safety! They have been trained, and act on their training. They are trying to do their job, and cannot make exceptions just so they don't make you mad. WATCH YOUR CHILD!!! If your child cannot swim put a life-vest on them (which they supply if you don't have your own). I saw two 'rescues' of small children in deep water without proper adult supervision. Then the parents were 'annoyed' they had to fill out paperwork. I also saw a mother bullying a lifeguard because he would not let her daughter go on a ride that she was 2 inches too short for. Act like grown adults and set a positive example.

This waterpark is nice and clean. It is a little smaller, but was great for us because we had 4 kids ranging from 3-9 years old. We could let the older girls do the slides while my husband watched them and then I could be with the little one in the kiddie area. It was the perfect size for us. To give you and idea, there is a kiddie area with 2 small slides and water features, then a large jungle gym type area with 3 medium slides, a small lazy river, 2 hot tubs (one family and one adults only), a larger pool area and 3 large slides. We had a two day pass with our hotel stay (separate review of hotel) and the kids had plenty to do to stay busy.

This is a value option compared to other local waterparks. CoCo Key is between $7.50-$15 a day, depending on where you purchase your ticket. There is definitely a wide variety of people that go here. So expect that, go with an open mind and have fun with your kids.

The snack bar is expensive, but to me that is to be expected at places like this. We had dinner here one night, taco salad, tenders, tenders & fries, small pizza and 2 nachos = $37.

Would I go again? Absolutely, with our hotel stay is was less than half the price of the other close by indoor waterpark. Until my kids are a little bit older, this place offers a great time and enough to keep them happy!

2  Thank KendallsMom
Reviewed June 5, 2013

My family had a wonderful time! We stayed 05/25/2013 in the lodge and got 2 day waterpark passes. My kids are 11, 6 and 5 months and we all enjoyed it. The lifeguards were very friendly and really took their job seriously. I felt very safe. According to previous reviewers there is a high chlorine smell that is overwhelming... I did not have the same experience.

1  Thank Melissa A
Reviewed May 18, 2013

This place is absolutely horrible. My older daughter stopped swimming after about 15 minutes because she said the pool felt slimy. My 6 year old daughter almost drowned because there was no lifeguard watching the one side of the lazy river, and some older kids knocked her out of her tube and then she got trapped under it. Fortunately I was able to jump in and get her out myself. The lifeguards were not enforcing any of the rules, and it was making it a dangerous situation. Right after their mascot walked by with two people following him (including a guy with a first aid kit), the lifeguard at the playground by the baby slide hurt his foot and was holding a towel over it, and completely not watching the playground So a baby almost went face first down a big slide (because mom couldn't get around the lifeguard who was now blocking the steps.) After about 10 minutes of the guy not doing his job at all they sent a replacement, who was wearing a lifeguard shirt with something yellow splattered all over it. The water in the bathrooms is HOT. I mean third degree burns hot. And there was no soap in the dispensers. And the parking sucks. Any one of these things wouldn't be a big deal, but all together it's too much. Also Fort Rapids and Cocokey in Cincinnati are WAAAAY bigger and nicer.

6  Thank Roxanne W
Scottie T, Manager at Coco Key Water Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

I am so sorry your stay with us was not ideal. For the water quality you mentioned, we are inspected every month by the department of health and agriculture and have passed every month since the beginning of 2013. As for the concerns about the lifeguards, we take great pride in our life guarding team. They have extensive knowledge in lifesaving skills which includes scanning and watching their zone of protection. We encourage you to try again as our price of admission has decreased for the summer and is now $15 on the weekends and $10 on the weekdays. please check our website for hours of operation!

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I tried calling several times a day for over a week trying to book a party there and did not receive any phone calls or emails back EVER!

3  Thank Pmarie227

I do apologize about your poor booking experience with our previous party coordinator. Our New coordinator Leana, is waiting by the phone waiting to assist with your next reservation. please contact her at 740-788-3412 for more information. Thank you!