“Water freezing. Not worth it.”

Coco Key Water Resort
Ranked #9 of 18 things to do in Newark
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We live about 1/2 hour away and I will never come back. It would be perfect for kids less than 5, IF the water temperature wasn't frigid. The staff gave some lame excuse that they had cleaning to do & it was warming up "as fast as it could." I know they are closed during the week so not really sure. literally my son's lips were purple, I didn't even try to get in and my husband said it was unbearable. Yet we will paid approx 20 per person for day passes and nothing was offered for replacement. Will not return.

2  Thank Kacy1
Scottie T, Manager at Coco Key Water Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

I am so sorry your stay with us was not ideal. Coco Key Water Resort has recently gone under extensive boiler and heat ex-changer repairs to maintain optimal temperatures in the water resort. Coco Key water resort has also lowered the daily admission rate to $10 on the weekdays and $15 on the weekends to make it a little more affordable for all. Check out our website for hours of operation. come try again at a facility that is always 84 degrees or warmer!

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I take my Grandkids here in the winter so they can have a special fun day. They love the slides and especially to have Gramps ride with them. This is a memorible day.

3  Thank Steve7373
Reviewed September 25, 2012

not too big, not too small. Staff was great, my son scraped his knee and they were so sweet to him. We enjoyed our visit

1  Thank evring
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We liked the size because it wasn't overcrowded--we were here in the off season so it didn't open til 4:00---closed at 9--thought it should have stayed open til 10--but we were back bright and early to swim some more

2  Thank Bessie D
Reviewed August 20, 2012

First the staff has no clue what they're doing.
Second the place was dirty.
Third there was loud music in the courtyard until late at night.
Fourth there is not enough parking.
Fifth the waterpark was way too crowded.

To sum things up, I was super disappointed and I'm generally not a very picky person.

1  Thank Eric D