“No passion for doing the best for guests”

Cangkringan Jogja Villas & Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Turi
Surabaya, Indonesia
“No passion for doing the best for guests”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Good things :
- available free pick up from yogya city/airport.
- fresh air and good mountain view
- good staff and friendly

Bad thing :
- Breakfast only can choose 1 menu and can't repeat. It's look like we need go outside with motorcycle and find another food.
- no indicator for hot water in bathroom
- no taxi here. Only rent car in hotel. It will be charge Rp.150.000 per trip to the yogya city/airport/train station.
- no entertaiment in the night. Just watch tv in the room. So boring...
- Pick up management and schedule with phone 1 day before not recorded by hotel staff. I was waiting in pick up location for more than 2 hours because have to reschedule by hotel staff.

Check in : Desember 15th, 2013
Check out : Desember 16th, 2013
Room Number : H8

It's not worthy at all with the price
Because No management Passion to giving us the best service and facility. Maybe i wont back here anymore.

• Stayed December 2013
7 Thank Sandyhua

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I stayed in the villa for 1 night. I found it very interesting to stay in there. I arrived there very late compared to the time I did the check-in time before. But they still had a very delicious food to be served to me :-).

In the morning I woke up, I could feel the fresh air and the view of Merapi volcano - a bit far from the place I was standing at.

The staffs are very friendly, they had a quick service, very helpful.

In the middle I enjoyed the comfortability, I found they had no hot water at the bathroom. Firstly I'd like to have my bathtub shower, but due to this condition, I did not do that. Unfortunately :-(

I had Maya villa room. I stayed there on the 29 November 2013

Most of all, I enjoyed my vacation there.
I recommend this villa for the new comers or the other regular travelers.

See you again Cangkringan Jogja Villas and Spa!
Thank you! :-)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank 786Tatiana
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed November 9, 2013

The spa sucks big time. The milk bath water is damn hot. I cant go in the bath tub. She didnt realized it was only hot water that she poured in the bath tub. After my steam bath, I had a shower to rinse the body mask. After the bath, I asked for a hair dryer. But she said no hair facility. She said I have to bring my own hair dryer. Lets move on to the massage. From my experience, the masseuse was lack of skills. Resulting in an awful experience. After many times of asking to raise the massage pressure but she just dont get it. No point of arguing with people who don't understand the customer well.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank niki0918

Travelers are raving about these Turi hotels

Singapore
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stayed at Maya Villa, room D4. The swimming pool, area outside the villa - pool area, lounge are was really nice. We even can see the volcano from the pool. Quiet and tranquil, great place to relax and just chill.
Areas to improve: most of the staff cannot speak fluent English, it will help if you have a small phrase book to help you communicate but we didn't. We were out every morning, either at Borobudur or at Mt Merapi, and the breakfast box they packed for us was disappointing. It was 2 slices of bread, some butter & jam plus 2 croissants which are not great tasting. It might be better if you have the hotel staff fetch you to the mini mart the night before, and get some food if you need for breakfast, although the mini mart is also not exactly well-stocked.
The internet connection is weak and we basically had no internet most of the time. It is great to detox from the internet but not so great when you need to plan for your trip.
We booked a driver and a car for 2 days through the hotel, on hindsight, it might be easier to locate or call a local travel agent to book for the driver which might be cheaper.
There isn't a great variety of food in the room service menu, and you will be happier sticking to the local cuisine.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We had a Villa with a private pool. The room, outside area, pool, bathroom, etc. was excellent. It was a very quiet place and really enjoyed the time we had there. Some negatives were the poor service. The people there are very friendly and very nice, but under-trained (read: manager's fault, not their's). Food was terrible, and no Western option provided for the breakfast. They didn't have beer the first night (and no other alcohol was on the menu). The next afternoon they still didn't have beer. Finally had to go to the front desk and tell them they needed to find it or send someone out (something that would be wholly expected at most 4+ star hotels).
We paid for 60 mins massage (and the masseuses left after 40 minutes). The manager of the hotel apologized when we left, which I appreciated but he didn't offer anything to us or even a discount in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MattSzilv
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Everything is good for the hotel villas & Spa, only far away from the city. Its take about an hour drive from city to the hotel. There have free 10min massage for every guests. The staffs are very helpful.We asked for more towels and they delivered very fast. They even packed nice breakfast box for us at 4.45am as we need to go to visit Borobudur. We have a private swimming pools, garden , fish pools and private recreation area. The bathroom are big. We enjoy the stay very much there.

Room Tip: The spa marble bath tub, hot water are limited. Once overuse, No more hot water for the bathroom to...