Lowest prices for your stay
$114
Official Hotel$89
Priceline$76
Travelocity$114
2,404 results
All reviews shopping mall kids club swimming pool very nice hotel business trip excellent service star hotel strategic location traditional food front office spacious room facilities indonesia services ms ambarukmo heritage
Selected filters
Reviewed August 30, 2016

Overall we were so satisfied to stay at the Hotel, only since we booked through Traveloka which is much cheaper then direct hotel booking. It took some times to confirm of our requested Room. We were about to be given twin bed while we had requested for King bed, luckily the King bed is still available and problem was solved. Staffs were friendly and mostly the services were very good.
We were staying there for 2 nights, Breakfast menu were varied but we supposed that the first day we had breakfast was having more tasteful & more food options rather than second day, and the staff not even concern if one of the meal is finish, so i have to ask them if they can refill it (if i'm not mistaken, i was about to try black rice porridge), and the staff said the porridge was still cooked, and cant even tell how long it would be ready :( so i had no other choice of picking up other food rather than waiting what i wanted to try

Location is pretty much strategic if you concern of shopping mall since it is next to Royal Ambarukmo Plaza which you can find easy & various food there and there's one called Mulia Money Exchange in the Plaza too with pretty had a good foreign exchange rate. The hotel is also close to the airport, only 5-10 minutes by Go-Car
But If you are looking for more touristic area, you still need to drive along & manage your time visit as this hotel were pretty far from touristic area.

however, should we have another chance to visit Yogyakarta again, we hopefully stay at this hotel again.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2016

It's a fairly luxurious hotel for Jogja std, value for money. The service is excellent, the workers are courteus & helpful. The courtyard & garden outside is spacious. The adjacent Plaza gives options for other facilities.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2016

Very clean and excellent service, breakfast is very impressive with countless selections. Shopping centre is nearby, and close to the airport. We came for transit from airport to another town, so this place is ideal.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2016

What can I say about the Royal Ambarukmo Hotel.... its perfection and friendly warm welcome with welcome drink a glass of delicious lemongrass drink. This is definitely of the finest hotel in Yogyakarta. The Royal Ambarukmo is the best hotel I have been to (after Raffles hotel in Singapore) and I am so glad choosing this hotel for my business visit in Yogyakarta. This is my first time stay, total stay: 4 days.

The Best Part :
- Great selection of top quality breakfast, from French bakery, Japanese breakfast to authentic traditional Indonesian breakfast, and there is more choices... a delicate and beautiful ranges of fruits jellies, fruit cocktails, fresh fruit juices (pick your fruit and blend it in front of you), ... also good selection of traditional cakes and Indonesian herbal drink (jamu)... probably there is more. At first I am so confused and spoil for breakfast choices and my tummy is only small ha..ha, but of course I've managed to tasted almost everything and all breakfast food is tasty!
- The room: As I expected - spacey, very clean, luxury & fresh smell bedding, quality furniture & furnishing and lovely swimming pool and garden view from my private balcony. Amazing stay!
- The hotel ambience and the staff: From arrival to my last day at Royal Ambarukmo, every staff are so friendly, they always greet me with warm smile every time meet them and all staffs are very polite manner. For the hotel ambience: Relaxing + peaceful and love the stylish decor. The lobby area is very cozy, feels like my own living room, its great lighting and also a great place to have business meeting or just seating there to read newspaper (no one will bother you)
- Location: Close with the Ambarukmo Plaza, inside the mall filled with good quality restaurants and cafes, quality branded shops (local and international) and even supermarket. I went to this plaza almost every night for quality Chinese, Japanese and Indonesian restaurant and also for general shopping.

The Negative Part:
- On my arrival day / check-in room process with one of the front desk male staff, he got my booking wrong (I have make a booking via Royal Ambarukmo own website): the total booking for 4 days showing different on the hotel front desk computer system, which is only for total 1 day stay. How come that happen? Also I booked the room with double king bed, but showing on the hotel computer system for 2 single beds. ....... Also on the arrival day, I've mentioned about their website booking page that doesn't display any type of bed option, as well as option booking room with breakfast or without. So after my arrival date + departure date + total person is selected that would take me to the payment page and up to this stage its only showing the full total the room cost, then next will take you to the payment card option, so ask I click and pay. - This is when become an issue, after the payment has been taken and received an email from the hotel online reservation I didn't check the small writing saying if my room is not including breakfast and I only found out when check-in time.
But I am so glad those issue has been taking care and sorted out in professional manner, on the day, by the lovely and beautiful front desk staff : Miss Tince. The way she handle on the issue absolutely professional, her warm smile and quality communication skills already makes me forget about the issue. On the same day they offer me a free breakfast and I am very much appreciated. Thank you very much to Miss Tince and also thank you to the management of Royal Ambarukmo Hotel.

I fully recommend this hotel and I couldn't wait to go back soon!

Room tip: All rooms have spacey balcony with pool and garden view and all are lovely
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed August 27, 2016

The hotel is excellent and the service of all staff is the best. All staff are friendly and always willing to help. The food is top quality and cleanliness of the hotel is the best. On a trip to Yogyakarta return to this hotel. I wish to highlight the work of Tince who always collaborate me with information and options within the hotel. Thanks Tince.

• Trip type: Traveled on business