Sheraton Mustika Yogyakarta Resort and Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
INNSIDE Yogyakarta(Yogyakarta)
1,152 results
All reviewslagoon access roomthe club loungevolcano viewindian restaurantwine loungefree shuttleindoor poolclose to the airporttaman sariprambanan templetop floormount merapijavanese styleshuttle servicecheck in processjunior suiteexcellent service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 29, 2013

After having read reviews about this hotel on tripadvisor, our expectations were pretty low however even then the stay was a great dissapointment. We stayed there only because it was a starwood property, but after having stayed at many starwood properties all over the world, I cannot understand how this hotel fits in.

Reasons:
1. Its not just that this hotel is old, it seems there hasnt been any renovation at all. The furniture is so run down, everything seemed rusty.
2. The biggest shock was the shower in our room. It was barely working and seemed the nozzle would fall off any minute. The bathtub was positively dirty with yellow stains.
3. There were ants everywhere. You couldnt keep a packet of biscuits on the table for five minutes!
4. The chiller was very poorly stocked. No snacks in the room at all.
5. The room lighting was very dim, especially because 2 of the ceiling lights were not working.

Overall the impression we got was being in a dimly lighted musty room with ants and insects.The walk from the elevator to the room was very very long. And in case you want to just walk out of the hotel to check out the town yourself, the walk from the lobby to the main road is too long. You will almost always need a taxi or car here.

I will list the positives too.
1. Room size was good. There was a small balcony with a nice coffee table and 2 chairs.
2. The bed was comfortable. Although because of the sad condition of the ac and insects, it was difficult to get a good nights sleep.
3. We had breakfast at the restaurant and this gets full marks. But yes the staff was eating with us too. You would be waiting behind them in the buffet.
4. The room service dinner was also very good.
5. The TV was modern and working.

Lastly the free pick and drop from and to the airport was great.
I loved yogyakarta and the property has great potential but so not maintained. I wish the management would renovate the whole place properly. It was a great dissapointment.

Room Tip: 1. Ask for the volcano view room. 2. Ask for room near elevator. 3. Check the bathroom/ shower because ours was terrible.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Over_d_horizon
Executive_Office_SMY, General Manager at Sheraton Mustika Yogyakarta Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experience. We apologize for not met your expectations in terms of facilities of room. We appreciate your constructive feedback on our hotel. We have communicated it to concerned departments for further action. Also we would like to say thank you for your positive review. We look forward to have another chance to be one of your service in the near future.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I don't recommend this hotel. I was really disappointed when I saw that Sheraton Hotel which costs a huge sum of money looked like this. Except of the nice lobby and bar I couldn't find anything nice there. The rooms are old and not renovated. The furniture are distroyed and the bathroom was dirty and not comfortable - with really old-fashioned bath-tub and toilet. I stayed in the double room with the terrace with the entrance to the small swimming pool but the wooden gate was broken. When we ordered wine one evening the bottle and glasses were left by the room servise in our room till the end of our stay. People who work in the hotel restaurant do not understand English so we were unable even to order eggs for breakfast. What's more - breakfast is not tasty and you don't have many things to choose. At the end of our stay there was no member from the hotel service who could take our baggage dowstairs so we had to do it on our own - I have to add that about 10 people from service were that time in the lobby but nobody helped us. The location is not good - near the airport, about 25 minutes by taxi to the center and far away from the main sights. And the last - and the worst thing - was that we found the rat or a mouse in our room... In my opinion it is a misunderstanding that the hotel is 5-stars-hotel and costs so much money for stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Executive_Office_SMY, General Manager at Sheraton Mustika Yogyakarta Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experience. We apologize for not met your expectations in terms of product and service. We appreciate your constructive feedback on our hotel.
We have communicated it to concerned departments for further action, and look forward to having another chance to be of your service in the near future.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

This is not my first time went to this hotel, maybe countless since i am very often to visit there (back to early 2000´s). I stay there just last week for my short holiday in Jogja. Well, i have to admit this is one of my favorite hotel.
I was had great experience so far and nothing to complain about but still i have some note which may come to your attention, those are:
1. Security assistance, this is related when we are going to enter and exit to main entrance, its hardly and dying to get across for in and out since the tons of car and motorcycle is hustle in the main road, PLEASE put some security to helps your guest.
2. SPA, is horrible and unpleasant, FYI, Your SPA in previous is NO Rival since your SPA is legend and the most favorite one, but my experience last week is WORST, let me explore a bit of my concern:
- SPA Reception, was not polite and just ignorance guest coming, I know she just sitting in front of computer, I dont know weather she´s working or in Social Media - I dont know but she´s not standing up and greet us during we come to Spa and i have to greet her, I ask for towel and she did not reply, until my second asking she´s reply but still with sitting in front of computer! how could that be she´s become reception if she doesnt know how to greet and welcome guest??
- SPA Facilities, i may recall your SPA in 2000´s were your SPA is unique, indigenous, smell good, keep good in cleanliness and all in tidy and in place, BUT last week was on the contrary, smell bad, dirty, whirlpool seem never to clean and replaced with new water, Sauna was tired and look dirty and Steam?? oh MY GOD is out of order, oh one more thing! The Glass for drink seem never been washed, so nasty!

But of course, apart of SPA i found the staff was so helpful and friendly, Front Desk, Restaurant, Concierge, Housekeeping are awesome! They just great! Thank you!

Room, Thank you! i was upgrade to Lagoon Access which is hilarious and magnificent, I highly recommended of this room. but small thing to take a note that the wood nearby the lagoon need to be change or at least keep well maintain since was not proper anymore!

Food in resto was OK and during breakfast, if you lucky you will get mountain view and good scenery of Merapi:-)

Thank you and overall i was happy UNLESS for SPA, was ashamed as the icon of the hotel and owner! please take some action to change otherwise your SPA will abandoned by your guest!

Room Tip: if your budget allow, please choose Lagoon Access, off course you have spare small little money to get this room:-) or room in high floor facing with the pool and Merapi Mountain - thats good view!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us in regards of compliment of our associates and at the same time I also would like to apologize to you for the inconvenience you experienced in spa while staying with us.
In the event that you re-consider, and your travel schedule does bring you back to Yogyakarta, I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Sheraton Mustika Yogyakarta Resort & Spa.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Sheraton Mustika have many warm and kind employees. They are really ready to give best services to their clients. This hotel is old fashioned, but well equipped with good staff.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Mustika Yogyakarta Resort & Spa for your recent visit to Yogyakarta. We glad that you were satisfied with our services and we would like to thank you for sharing your positive comments about us. We have conveyed your compliments to all associates to motivate them in keeping up the good work. We would be delighted to welcome you back at our resort in nearest future.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Stay here during the Hari Raya holiday with my family. Hotel staff are so good to have given us connecting room (which I requested through email upon booking). And they give us the room way before check in time! Thanks & do appreciate that as my father was really tire after travelling from another city to Jogja.

The room is big and cosy. Even though the hotel seems to be abit old. But the room are consider quite well maintain. Hotel provides free shuttle service going to Malioboro, just call to the reception & make a reservation.

Overall, we enjoyed our trip staying there. The staff are really friendly and helpful! Nevertheless, if the hotel can do some upgrading will be better. But we will still consider staying here again the next time when we go back to Jogja.

Even though many people might find their hotel old, but i think they deserve a good rating for their good services. Keep it up on the good customer service!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank fancyful
Executive_Office_SMY, General Manager at Sheraton Mustika Yogyakarta Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

May we extend our grateful for your kind words about our resort. It is an honored to be able to give our best service and distinctive experience to you while you were staying, and been delighted taking care of you as our valued guest. We have conveyed your compliment to all of associates and it certainly boost them to always keeping good team work and improving the sincere service to all of our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back at Sheraton Mustika Yogyakarta Resort and Spa in nearest future, thank you.