“A great place to meet good people!”
Review of Front Street Cafe

Front Street Cafe
Ranked #1 of 16 Restaurants in New Richmond
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen, Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A quaint cafe & bistro set along the banks of the Ohio River in the historic village of New Richmond, Ohio, the Front Street Cafe began as an idea to bring the people of New Richmond, Anderson Township, and other surrounding towns together to chat, have coffee, sandwiches, and other baked goods while peacefully looking over the Ohio River and Kentucky hills. ​ But like the town of New Richmond and Front Street itself, the cafe has evolved, adding delicious dinner entrees from our in-house chef de cuisine Damien Laughton, a fully-stocked bar serving popular beers, wines, and spirits, a stage for our live backyard musical performances, and an outdoor grill for summertime barbequing.  Stop by for a hot panini sandwich, juicy ribeye steak, pan-seared seafood special, a slice of BonBonerie's Opera Cream Cake, or a cup of freshly brewed coffee or latte, and stay for live music, great views, and warm hospitality!
Reviewed July 8, 2014

My girlfriend and I had a lovely lunch at this beautiful river cafe, just watching the ohio river roll by and great food to enjoy just made for a fun afternoon break!

1  Thank Andy M

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Last weekend my wife and I came here for a Friday night dinner date on recommendation. We typically don't vary from our standard restaurants that we have identified as having consistently high quality service and food. Our intent was to relax, have a few beverages, eat some good food, and enjoy the evening.

We arrived at approximately 6pm. We sat outside in their courtyard, which had a nice enough atmosphere. There was a jazz band playing, which helped the atmosphere. Let me preface this by saying everything about this place is extremely slow. This was consistent throughout the evening.

We ordered the spinach artichoke dip for appetizer. It came out in a soup bowl garnished with 3 carrot sticks, 3 celery sticks, and 3 crackers. The dip was extremely oily. It didnt taste awful, but I thought it was odd that we had a giant bowl of unused spinach dip. They missed the mark on this $10 appetizer. I hoped things would get better.

Also - the waiter dumped my wife's glass of pinot when the app was delivered. He said he bring another out. He forgot, she had to order another glass of pinot, which we were charged for. This left a sour taste in my mouth.

The entree menu is not robust. Its half a dozen dishes if you don't want to get a panini sandwich. My wife ordered the crab cakes, but wanted to sub rice for mash, since she hates mashed potatoes. I defaulted to my waiter for recommendation. He said their signature cajun pasta dish is the best thing on the menu, so I ordered it.

When the food arrived, my wife's food came out with literally 3 green bean sized asparagus and mash instead of rice. My dish was spicy and had a decent flavor. Their were 3 total shrimp and a few pieces of sausage tossed with penne. I wasnt impressed. I don't typically order pasta dishes while I'm out, unless I already know its really delicious. Now I know why. My wife's food arrived as I was finishing up, which doesnt take much because the portions are really quite small. The $18 Crab Cakes seemed to be mostly bread with no real lump crab meat.

We had nice conversation throughout the evening, and we kept looking for the positives in this experience. Hoping and wishing it would get better. So we gave it one last shot.. we decided to share the creme brulee. Literally half of the sugar in the raw on top was burnt. It was burnt badly. To the point we had to remove the entire top layer for it to be edible.

In short. The service wasnt good. 10-15 minute wait on drinks. The food was below average for the price. There are plenty of good meals I can eat in this city for $100. We wont be seeking this place out again in the future.

4  Thank DeezNutsOnYa
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Only about 20 minutes from Anderson, this is a great place for outdoor dining with music (starts at 7:30 Friday and Saturday). Most of the tables are on grass in a good-sized yard (except for a few high tops on a cement patio adjacent to the building) surrounded by a fence, with good views of a small stage. Various entrees and paninis, wine and a few microbrews, desserts by Bonbonerie (yum!). The owner is hands-on and very welcoming (my wife wants me to add that he is adorable!).

1  Thank crosscourtforehand
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Front Street Café is located in the quiet little river town of New Richmond, Ohio. This little spot really should wish it were in a more vibrant place. New Richmond is an old village which is trying very hard to revitalize itself. It's got so much going for it. Honey and I have dined at Front Street a couple of times and have been pleased each time. The food is great, the waitresses are super friendly, the ambience is good, there's music out back on weekend evenings, and there are tables and chairs out front to sit and enjoy a beer or glass of wine while watching the river. So, next time you are headed east on Rt. 52, veer off into New Richmond and give Front Street a try. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

We have been here often and have been very well pleased. A relaxing setting and well-prepared food at at a fair price. The Angus Ribeye is among the BEST steaks I have ever had and only $22 which includes potatoes & soup/salad. Also on Friday & Saturday nights there is music (no cover charge, but a tip jar for performers) by a variety of musicians (you can check scheduling on their website or Facebook page). Reference to some reviews about the service-- sometimes can seem a bit slow, especially if you are in a hurry to eat and run. However, it you want to chill, eat tasty food, and listen to good music for a while this does not present a problem, at least it never has for us. HIGHLY recommend you give it a try!

1  Thank chowhound03