“Very Tasty,But Where's The Meat?”
Review of Anna Ree's Andouille - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Anna Ree's Andouille
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Tried Anna Ree's Andouille for the fist time and overall, I was very impressed. The service was good, the food tasted great and the cost was very affordable. If I had any complaint it is the very small amount of meat in the dishes. For an appetizer we split the Andouille Flatbread and Frog Legs. Both were delicious, but the flatbread was a bit lite on the Andouille. The Frog Legs were very tasty. I was a little worried that the batter would be heavy, but it was very light. I had the Crawfish Etouffee for an entrée and it was some of the best I have had in terms of flavor, but again the crawfish meat was not that prevalent. My wife and father had the Jambalaya, which they enjoyed, but they said it was too heavy on the rice. We sat inside but the deck area at the back of the property looked like a nice place to hang out and have a drink and listen to live music. This is a good restaurant, but they just need to be a bit more friendly with the meat.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

After friends made reservations, checked TripAdvisor and was very apprehensive about going due to 2 bad reviews. Turned out to be a really good experience. If you are looking for a sophisticated, white napkin place, this isn't it. A down home, casual place with good food. No snob appeal here and it was packed. 6 of 6 had positive comments about the food which included appetizers and entrees. 2 had the crab cakes and said they were the best ever. Calamari, Andouille flatbread, blackened steak, grouper, and jambalaya were all very good. Our waitress admitted she had just started and did a great job. Wait staff did a super job juggling our party and a full house which included 2 parties that were 15+. It's really not in New Richmond but further east on Rte 52. I big flashing sign helped. The only minus- lights are needed in the parking lot. I'd definitely go back again.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

4 of us.We all had the Catfish PoBoy.Large crispy,tender fish.Came with steak fries and slaw. We finished with the flourless chocolate cake and the toffee bread pudding. Happy tummy.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

We came out on a stormy Friday night. We began outside, but we had to move inside as the storms rolled in. Nice, friendly service, and really good Cajun food. I had jambalaya...authentic, spicy and good-flavored. My husband had andouille on Mac and cheese, and although I've never known him to like this sort of thing, he said it was really flavorful. Good drinks which we enjoyed outside before the rains came. A nice drive from Cincinnati....we'll be back again.

1  Thank sudiepav
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We had heard that this was a good Cajun restaurant. There was nothing good about our experience. The service was terrible. I think that they forgot that we were there at time. The cornbread was good, but I can make good cornbread. The jambalaya and catfish entrees were fair at best. Creme brulee for dessert was also fair. After our waitress brought the bill she went outside and didn't come back.