“Blissful Retreat”

Cherry Ridge Retreat
Geneva, Ohio
“Blissful Retreat”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

My wife and I decided to celebrate our October Birthdays at Cherry Ridge Retreat. We stayed at the Oak Ridge Cottage, and everything was clean and well appointed. The kitchen had everything you need and we enjoyed preparing our meals and having a glass of wine in front of the fireplace. The cottage is inviting and comfortable. Amenities include satellite radio and television, as well as books and magazines to relax and enjoy. The area surrounding the Cottage was magical and had trails to explore. We made sure to visit the hiking trails in Hocking Hills like Rock House, Cedar Falls, Old Man's and Ash Cave. All were very picturesque, the hiking trails were well marked, and each provided numerous photo opportunities. We plan to return to the Hocking Hills area again next year, and will definitely stay at Cherry Ridge Retreat.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Heath, Ohio
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying at Cherry Ridge Retreat for our 43rd Wedding Anniversary in November 2013 in the Ravine's Edge Cottage. What a beautiful and well appointed cottage! Everything in place at our arrival, very well maintained with beautiful views The stained glass window near the shower in the bathroom of this cottage is very beautiful, the kitchen has everything you need with top of the line everything and many windows throughout the cottage to enjoy the views! Very comfortable living room and bedroom with two flat screen TVs. The view of the woods from the deck is very nice. Hiking Hocking Hill just minutes away for breath-taking scenery in the quiet of nature. The grounds are well groomed and very well taken care of as is the Cottage. Nice hiking trails also on site. This was our sixth visit to Cherry Ridge Retreat and we plan another visit in the Spring of 2014. If you are looking for private beautiful cottages in the beauty and solitude of nature then Cherry Ridge Retreat is your place to be. Thank you Christina & Matthew for keeping everything so lovely and well taken care of. You think of everything! Can't wait to return! Blaine & Patricia-- Heath, Ohio

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PatriciaL873
Indiana
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Four couples shared the Lake House for two nights and all of us loved it. We were amazed at how clean everything was despite the fact that every shelf, wall, and corner was filled with artwork and accessories. Even after two days we were still discovering things we'd overlooked. The beds were comfy, the shower in our wing was great, and the kitchen had plenty of dishes and cookware.

The family room, around the fireplace, was a great place to gather as was the kitchen/dining table in the beautiful kitchen. There were games in the cabinets, magazines in baskets and books on the shelves, and a pool table in the lower level room. Maybe next time we'll have more time to linger in the cabin (sigh) but we were out a lot enjoying the area activities. We also wish it was a little warmer so we could have enjoyed the decks, pond, and gazebo area more.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I just returned from a deployment overseas and my girlfriend and I stayed in the Whipering Pines cabin this past weekend. It was amazing. The cabin was immaculate. The kitchen had everything we needed to cook delicious meals during our stay. The kitchen even included a blender and coffee bean grinder! The cabin smelled amazing and was incredibly cozy! We loved the hot tub which was just a few steps outside the master bedroom. The few staff members I spoke to were extremely friendly and helpful! We can't wait to come back again! It was like an amazing home away from home. Highly recommend, and I have stayed all over the world in amazing accommodations in France and Belguim and Cherry Ridge is in my top 3 favorites!!!!:)

Room Tip: Make sure you carefully read all documents because the amazing people at Cherry Ridge do a great job...
Cincinnati
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We've now stayed at three different properties at Cherry Ridge Retreat in 2013, winter, spring, and fall. Each time we've enjoyed the opportunity to relax in these well-appointed cottages, and we've loved the amazing surroundings (hiking, birds, squirrels, fish, etc.). We enjoyed the opportunities to sit by the fire (indoors and out) and enjoy each other's company, to try out a hot tub for the first time, and to make awesome meals in the terrific kitchens. I've recommended Cherry Ridge to friends and family. And we'll be back!

Alexandria, Ky
Reviewed October 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the Boathouse for a weekend and it was absolutely perfect. Even though the Lake House is nearby, you don't ever see anyone and they can't see you. It was so much fun to have a private lake to row on, a hot tub, a sauna, and such a comfy place to relax. We went hiking and sat by the fire every night. I have never felt so carefree in my entire life. Everything you could ever need is provided. We absolutely cannot wait to go back and I cannot say enough good things!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2013

me and my wife went on our anniversary here.the location is great and its private.I served in the military and I'm very picky about quality and action to detail.the owner has high standards and met my expectations.matt was very kind and went out of his way to help me that will never be forgotten.the updates were wonderful in the boathouse.the bedwas very comfortable in the living space was just enough plus some!I like the tastes of the ownerand the furniture work selected for each cabin.I would bring the camera the views are awesome!the owner opened his home to watch the Steelers game when the satellite was acting up which was a addressed quickly.the little things like that shows the care the staff has to make you happy.Matt or someone dropped off extra supplies to accommodate me for the fire at night again great service.I really appreciate all the hard work that goes into this place!I can relate to the owner I have high standards as well don't ever lose that or compromise for junk or low-quality furniturer ect in the cottages.I saw every day someone doing something to the propertyto maintain and keep it looking good awesome! I felt the fire pit and all of the amenities were nicely labeled and good quality.we will be back I look forward to it.I labeled it very good.I don't have any major complaints just a few suggestions.in my opinion put a bigger television in the living room in the boat house.I would get about the same size as the bedroom at least.I have a logitech universal remote that controls everything including surround sound.it might not be a bad idea to upgrade so there's not so many controllers.I would get a blueray player it works wonderful with what I mentioned.the universal remote will not only control up to 10 to 15 devices but gives you room to add later and will probably be easier for all guests including elderly couples.

• Stayed September 2013
#7 of 10 in Athens
Hampton Inn Athens
Hampton Inn Athens
#2 of 10 in Athens

Been to Cherry Ridge Retreat? Share your experiences!