“Misguided on Boathouse” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cherry Ridge Retreat

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Plymouth
Cherry Ridge Retreat
Elyria, Ohio
“Misguided on Boathouse”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

While the property was beautiful we were VERY disappointed that the Boat House is NOT secluded as the website lead us to believe. The Boathouse and Lakehouse are 1 car length away from each other. Fortunately for us, there was no one staying at the Lakehouse while we were at the Boathouse. I did express my concerns to Matt who offered me a full refund. We did stay since there was no occupancy at the Lakehouse. If you want a quiet, secluded luxury cabin - please ask if the Lakehouse is rented. Lakehouse accommodates 8 people. If we had to listen to 8 people for 3 days - I would have asked for my money back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Jennifer M
Greg G, Owner at Cherry Ridge Retreat, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
I've given your posting a chance to air as I contemplated a response. Glad I did as I see 3 straight postings defending our guests' experiences at the Boat House. Their comments validate our efforts and make me feel that all of the hard work and thoughtful consideration is worth it. I do understand your concern that with 8 guests at the Lake House voices may be heard. We do remind all of our guests to be sensitive to their surroundings and I think that mostly works. But I will also say that if your expectation is to not see or hear another soul then there probably isn't a "resort" anywhere I can think of where that is possible. I would also vigorously defend our web site as truthful, informative and representative of what we offer. Good luck in your future travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Manchester, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

Cherry Ridge retreat was more than we had expected. Our cabin was beautiful. Everything was simple and elegant. The grounds were spectacular. We felt secluded from the outside world, yet if we wanted city life, it was not far away. we are looking forward to another visit in the near future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Whitehouse, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

We had a wonderful weekend at the Lake house. The house was beautiful, the outdoor space was excellent and the amenities were great. I was able to spend a quiet weekend with my nieces and from making a fire, to relaxing in the hot tub, to enjoying the amazing kitchen, I couldn't have asked for more. Thank you to everyone at Cherry Ridge for making us feel so welcome. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Wheaton, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

We spent 2 nights at Still Waters during Spring Break. We were greeted by beautiful music and absolutely wonderful accommodations. It was such a treat to have nothing to do and just sit back and enjoy the luxurious comfort of Still Waters.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Cherry Ridge Retreat is a wonderful place to stay especially with your spouse or significant other. Everything is so very clean!!! I love the peace and quiet and the beautiful kitchen and bathroom and decor. Words cant express the experience of coming to this place. My husband and I are definately coming back to this place again and again!! I wish I could live there!!!!! ~Sonya Baker

• Stayed April 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

My husband and I chose Cherry Ridge as our honeymoon location and loved every minute. Peaceful and quiet we were really able to slow down while there. Fully stocked as far as kitchen appliances go, but if you like to cook like me, and you will in this kitchen, bring your own knives and cut board. We stayed at Whispering Pines- there was a small pond with frogs and a place to make a fire at night. We hiked and read and chilled out. While we would have seen a soul if we hadn't needed to, we had an issue with our car. The innkeepers helped us immensely and we did fine. No cell phone service at all- not complaining about that! The nearest town had a grocery store that was better than I expected. We will stay there again!

• Stayed August 2012
Greg G, Owner at Cherry Ridge Retreat, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. And thank you for the heads-up on the knife set at Whispering Pines. As we have updated our kitchen implements at the cabins we only buy knife sets that include a sharpner. We will check this out and remedy immediately.
Columbus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Cherry Ridge Retreat in the winter is spectacular! Snow outside, warm fire inside...what could top it?! Spent our anniversary weekend enjoying each other and your hiking trails, hot tub, outdoor firepit and that rare steak! Appreciated the gourmet kitchen and comfortable furnishings. Don't change a thing! We'll be back!

Room Tip: Lake house is the best...but having stayed at two of the other cabins in the past it's truly a t...