“Best Hotel in Town”

Hampton Inn New Philadelphia
Reviewed February 16, 2012

This is a very good typical Hampton hotel. Room prices are on the high side but it's the only good chain hotel around. Rooms are updated and clean with full cable TV. The pool area is good for kids. There is are a couple restaurants within walking distance.

Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
nphoh, General Manager at Hampton Inn New Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

Thank you so much for your favorable comments. We do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 30, 2011

I’ve stayed here a number of times and the hotel itself is typical. It’s clean and has the same free breakfast as all Hampton Inns.
However, I find the staff here to be more attentive than the usual HI, especially the kind lady that works to keep the breakfast bar clean and stocked.
You can also walk across the parking lot to the Texas Roadhouse House for dinner and drink without having to worry about driving.
A very convenient road stop.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the elevator as well as a room facing the river.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 13, 2011

We booked a suite at the Berlin Grande Hotel 3 months in advance. 2 days before we were to arrive, the manager called and said due to a computer issue, their hotel was overbooked and they were going to pay for us to have a room at the Hampton. While this wasn't a hotel we would have picked to visit Amish country due to the fact that it was 20-30 minutes from Amish country, we decided to go ahead and stay there. At such short notice, there weren't many options available closer anyway. We found our room to be clean enough but a little run down. The bathroom door wouldn't lock and the plug wouldn't work in the tub. The rooms are small. The bed was comfortable and the pool area was fun. The breakfast was nothing special. Overall, I would describe the hotel as a typical stop along the highway hotel. Doable if you need a room but not really somewhere I would plan on for a special weekend getaway.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2011

My family and I recently stayed at this hotel for a family reunion and had a great stay! The staff was friendly from front desk to housekeeping and the rooms were clean as well. Kids enjoyed the indoor pool and great location right by the Texas Roadhouse! Breakfast was normal Hampton breakfast, was well stocked and friendly breakfast lady. Would definitely stay again if in the area!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We were together with family for a memorial service. The hotel staff were very accomodating to our needs, even though the hotel was full. The room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was outstanding. The pool was fun for the children. I would recommend this place, and would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Stayed one night. Check-in was fast and efficient. Mandy was friendly during check-in despite my being a bit of a PITA with a bunch of last minute requests and changes and she took the time to explain the available amenities. The room was clean, small but modern facilities. The room and facilities were in good repair. Kids loved the decent sized pool. Breakfast was good, I just had fresh fruit but my son made waffles. My sons want to some back, they thought this was the vacation. For the price an easy 4 stars.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2010

I have been traveling to New Philadelphia extensively since April to care for elderly relatives. The staff at the Hampton inn has been gracious, helpful, and kind to me. My room is always clean, quiet, and everything works well. I have stayed on both sides of the hotel and have not been troubled by any type of noise. The breakfast is typical fare, but hot when it should be. The coffee is excellent. I appreciate the wireless Internet and I've enjoyed the warm pool on several occasions. I love the sheets and the pillows. All in all it has been a wonderful experience. Kris Cardani, Manager, is a lovely woman who works above and beyond to help the guests have a pleasant experience. Thank you, I will be returning to the Hampton on my visits to New Philadelphia.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Philadelphia
Holiday Inn Express & Suites New Philadelphia
Holiday Inn Express & Suites New...
#3 of 6 in New Philadelphia
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Dover, OH
The Schoenbrunn Inn & Conference Center
The Schoenbrunn Inn & Conference...
#4 of 6 in New Philadelphia
#1 of 2 in Walnut Creek
Zinck's Inn
Zinck's Inn
#4 of 5 in Berlin

Been to Hampton Inn New Philadelphia? Share your experiences!