“Hard to find but worth looking for it.”

Best Western Dutch Valley Inn
“Hard to find but worth looking for it.”
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

My company put me up here for the weekend. First thing is it kinda hard to find unless you follow the signs. It's tucked up behind a couple other hotels. Auto e try doors are a nice touch especially when you have hands full of luggage. Check in was easy and my room was on the second floor. First thing I noticed was how cold the elevator was. I guess it's exposed to the exterior of the hotel. Get in the room and there's double beds, a desk, flat screen TV with HD channels. A micro fridge and microwave are always nice. There's plenty of restaurants around (I'd suggest HOG HEAVEN) along with a Walmart just down the street. Breakfast was sausage and eggs, waffles, and the usual stuff. Overall this is a nice place and well worth looking for.

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Batavia, New York
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We booked multiple rooms over Christmas week for a family get together in the area. Since each of us travels with a dog (no horses this trip!), this pet friendly inn was a good choice. We have stayed here before and found it to be just as friendly and well run as last time: very, very clean, efficient staff, good hot breakfast with a large selection.
Breakfast even has really hot water for tea, which is important to me & all too rare in the average hotel "continental bkfst"! Also, hot wrapped breakfast sandwiches & fresh fruit were good if you're on-the-go. Breakfast area was super clean.
Everything in all rooms was in great shape, including microwave & fridge w/ complimentary water bottles. Beds were comfortable, but had super thin cover; just ask for extra blankets at the desk -- they were given to us immediately. Anyway, I prefer asking for a clean extra banket to wondering when the average hotel heavy bedspread was last cleaned!
We were in the "pet" hall (rooms in 102 - 104 area) very convenient to outer door & grassy pet walking areas. All rooms in this area seemed to have dogs, yet it was very quiet. When a dog in another room barked a bit as we were leaving, the manager immediately came down to be sure everything was okay, but did this in a friendly, pleasant manner. We had the good fortune of staying at the same time as other responsible dog owners, with senses of humor -- everybody seemed to understand that a bark or two was inevitable and no big deal, but all were considerate and responsible, and quiet prevailed...and the management has that "responsible/humor" spirit, too. I hope they know how important that balance is and how appreciative we pet owners are!
I almost didn't book this inn because of a prior review which stated that one of the pet rooms was "moist, musty" and, apparently flea ridden. We did NOT find that to be the case at all.
Indoor pool & fitness room look fine; none of us used them, as we didn't leave dogs unattended.
We would definitely stay here again, with or without dogs.

Room Tip: Be sure to tell them ahead if you have a pet, so that you can be in the "pet friendly" hal...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank travelswithhorses
Cortland, Ohio
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I had booked a room at the Best Western as nothing else in town was available. I found it to be clean and comfortable. The rooms are on the small size when fitted with two beds, but they were quiet ( I work nights), more so than one of their competitors across town. The breakfast was quite good, and the staff was excellent. It doesn't look like much compared to the brand-new Holiday Inn Express next door, or even to the Comfort Inn across the freeway, but has been nicely remodelled and maintained inside. I will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I stayed on the back side, on the second floor. A bit harder to get to (the elevator is somewhat inc...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Was nice hotel, staff was nice, room was clean. BUT! after checking out they messed up my bill and charged it to the wrong card. We had reserved the room with my debit card and then paid on check out with our credit card. They took the money out of my checking and charged our credit card! Then took a week and a half to fix the problem. Also don't forget anything in the room! My son forgot a shirt in our room and I asked them to mail it. Not only did it take them 3 days to put it in the mail, they charged me over $17 to stick it in a manilla envelope and drop it in the mail. Wow! I could have bought him a new shirt for less than that! This place is a true rip off!

• Stayed September 2012
Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

This trip was horrible. We stayed in room 105. The beds were moist and musty, and our dog came back home with fleas! The room wasn't very clean, but instead of making a scene about it, I cleaned it myself. Still did not feel clean. It was so stuffy in the room with the smell of wet dog, we turned the air to 62° and for two days it stayed in that temp and didn't budge past 69°. My dog has NEVER had a flea issue and the next day of getting home and her digging, I knew exactly what had happened! After this stay, we probably won't return!

• Stayed August 2012
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Arrived in town and got the last room available. The staff was very friendly, and went out of their way to answer any question we had about the area. Very good breakfast and was well maintained. Excellent breakfast worker. Staff was great!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
clearwater,fl
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This is the second time I have stayed here. The place is always clean and the staff are wonderful. It's totally updated. The location is great and you can walk to several restaurants. The rooms are nice and I like that there is a mini frig in the rooms.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Philadelphia
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dover
The Schoenbrunn Inn & Conference Center
The Schoenbrunn Inn & Conference...
#4 of 6 in New Philadelphia
Holiday Inn Express & Suites New Philadelphia
Holiday Inn Express & Suites New...
#3 of 6 in New Philadelphia
Hampton Inn New Philadelphia
Hampton Inn New Philadelphia
#1 of 6 in New Philadelphia
Comfort Inn Dover
Comfort Inn Dover
#2 of 3 in Dover
Ramada Limited Strasburg Dover

Been to Best Western Dutch Valley Inn? Share your experiences!