“A Most Memorable B&B Honeymoon Get-a-Way”

The Lodge at Fair Oaks
The Lodge at Fair Oaks
Canton, Ohio
“A Most Memorable B&B Honeymoon Get-a-Way”
Reviewed August 12, 2010

My husband and I were married in May but not able to go on our honeymoon until now. We could not have picked a more beautiful, private and romantic place to stay. The rooms were spotless and service was much more than we expected. We had breakfast delivered in the morning......homemade caramel apple french toast that was out of this world! The Lodge is located in a secluded area of the woods yet there were many places to go and things to do including Amish country and wineries. We would highly recommend the Lodge at Fair Oaks for a relaxing get-a-way and we plan to visit there again.....possibly on our 1st Anniversary. Jim & Deb W. - Canton OH

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Ohio
Reviewed October 26, 2008

It was not as bad as the two previous reviews (no bugs) but it did smell and did not seem that clean. A dehumidifier would work great! They no longer serve breakfast and the fridge did not work. We left early.

• Liked — Friendly staff
  • Disliked — Smell, dirty
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank matr03

Travelers are raving about these New Philadelphia hotels

Pittsburgh
Reviewed July 7, 2008

My fiance and I had booked theLodge at Fair Oakes for July 4, 2008. We were very excited and looking forward to a romantic getaway. The moment we arrived at the Lodge, we realized that the owner had totally misrepresented herself in their ad. We arrived to a Lodge in the woods that was all overgrown and needed quite a bit of attention to the exterior. As soon as we entered the inside we noticed a very strong smell of mold and mildew. Our room looked nothing like the beautiful picture that is on the internet. I attempted to open an window to allow some fresh air in only to find that the latch was broken and the window would not open. In a matter of minutes, between the mildew and the floral spray that was used to mask the terrible smell of the place, my allergies kicked into high gear. I phoned the owner, Mary, only to be addressed with sarcasm on her part. We stayed for only 15 minutes and had to leave and try to find another place to stay, which was not easy considering it was a Holiday weekend. I strongly recommend that you find another place to stay if you are in this area. It is such a beautiful part of the country and so many other places have been treated with the care that is needed when providing a place for someone to stay.
I would also hope that this is not the normal circumstances when dealing with Hotel.com. CS Pittsburgh PA

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
6 Thank Cece514
Stow, Ohio
Reviewed February 9, 2008

My Bride & I wanted to celebrate our 29th wedding anniversary so I checked out "The Lodge at Fair Oaks" in New Philadelphia Ohio because its in the Entertainment Book, get a night free deal, Anyways the Web Site looked Outstanding & since it was a Special Occasion I chose the $250 a night room, Private Hot Tub, the works, anyways we were greeted very Rudely right from the start,
The "Lodge" was over run with weeds, Grass was uncut, paint peeling, outdoor Furniture was in very poor shape, ect. ect... We were both very sick to see what I have pre-paid for, we entered the room, no more then 10 minutes I was sitting on the couch while the Innkeeper ( Mary Fotheringham ) was telling us about the area when a Huge Adult Cockroach ran by my Arm on the Couch, I jumped up and killed the roach, Mary Denied it was a Roach, said its just a Bug, anyways against better Judgment we tried to make the best of it, then Checked out the Hot tub, To Little water, To Much Chlorine, We went inside the room a few minutes then decided to play Yatzee when ANOTHER Big Roach ran right in the kitchen area. I killed the roach and drove up the hill to Mary's Home, I told her and her Husband we had a Cockroach Problem and she immediately started insulting and belittling me, These are a few of the things she told me in a very rude and threatening voice:

You are LEAVING Tonight
I knew you were trouble the first time I saw you
If you ever tell anyone we have Roaches you will be sorry !!!!
Do me a favor and forget my Number

I managed to get a $200.00 refund after she told me I am NOT getting all my Money back, then she threw us out at 10:30 PM the SAME night we got there, we were pretty much forced to drive back home. I took the second roach I killed home, took pictures of it and sent it to her asking for the $52.00 balance or I will be forced to file a legal claim again her and the Lodge, I ended up having to file a claim with the Better Business Bureau to get my refund. I still have to cockroach and photo for future reference if needed.

• Liked — NOTHING
  • Disliked — The Cockroaches
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7 Thank ccaetta
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Philadelphia
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dover
Hampton Inn New Philadelphia
Hampton Inn New Philadelphia
#1 of 6 in New Philadelphia
Holiday Inn Express & Suites New Philadelphia
Holiday Inn Express & Suites New...
#3 of 6 in New Philadelphia
Best Western Dutch Valley Inn
Best Western Dutch Valley Inn
#2 of 6 in New Philadelphia
The Schoenbrunn Inn & Conference Center
The Schoenbrunn Inn & Conference...
#4 of 6 in New Philadelphia
Americas Best Value Inn New Philadelphia
Americas Best Value Inn New Phil...
#6 of 6 in New Philadelphia

Been to The Lodge at Fair Oaks? Share your experiences!